Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? 10:41 - Sep 26 with 1132 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

A propos Coastal's dunking thread, are there any biscuits that must not be dunked under any circumstances?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:44 - Sep 26 with 1123 viewseireblue

Jam Mallows.
Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:45 - Sep 26 with 1119 viewsOldsmoker

Ryvita

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:54 - Sep 26 with 1099 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:45 - Sep 26 by Oldsmoker

Ryvita

Whilst I completely agree isn't there some kind of science that might suggest that the dry, crispy, almost sharp enough to rip the inside of cheeks, Ryvita is the very kind of thing that would benefit from a good dunking (as opposed to the only valid alternative of immediate binning)?

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:59 - Sep 26 with 1094 viewseireblue

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:54 - Sep 26 by You_Bloo_Right

Whilst I completely agree isn't there some kind of science that might suggest that the dry, crispy, almost sharp enough to rip the inside of cheeks, Ryvita is the very kind of thing that would benefit from a good dunking (as opposed to the only valid alternative of immediate binning)?

I think you are correct on the use of comparative science. I think some very astute fellow pointed out that the dunkers from Dairylea could be used in a similar manner. Can’t remember who that was, but seemed to me, a very very clever poster.

Of course, Ryvita is a cracker, so entirely irrelevant to the discussion.
Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:04 - Sep 26 with 1088 viewsronnyd

Oreo,s?
Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:04 - Sep 26 with 1087 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:59 - Sep 26 by eireblue

I think you are correct on the use of comparative science. I think some very astute fellow pointed out that the dunkers from Dairylea could be used in a similar manner. Can’t remember who that was, but seemed to me, a very very clever poster.

Are we stumbling towards identifying dunking extremes and thence some sort of official dunking scale?

If a scale is on the cards then best the naming convention is sorted early. Any suggestions?

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:05 - Sep 26 with 1084 viewsCoastalblue

Garibaldis, just don't work.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:14 - Sep 26 with 1069 viewsGuthrum

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:54 - Sep 26 by You_Bloo_Right

Too wide to fit in a lot of mugs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:19 - Sep 26 with 1056 viewsCoastalblue

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:04 - Sep 26 by You_Bloo_Right

Are we stumbling towards identifying dunking extremes and thence some sort of official dunking scale?

If a scale is on the cards then best the naming convention is sorted early. Any suggestions?

Sog rating?

Biscuit Liquid Inatake and Integrity Table BLIIT?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:20 - Sep 26 with 1056 viewsusm

Nothing should be dunked. If biscuits were meant to be dunked they would be sold with a pot of tea. Dunk off.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:26 - Sep 26 with 1048 viewsKeno

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:20 - Sep 26 by usm

Nothing should be dunked. If biscuits were meant to be dunked they would be sold with a pot of tea. Dunk off.

Totally agree

Come the revolution when I become il presidente dunking will be banned and dunkers forced to listen to The Smiths recording as punishment for their crimes

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:34 - Sep 26 with 1043 viewseireblue

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:19 - Sep 26 by Coastalblue

Sog rating?

Biscuit Liquid Inatake and Integrity Table BLIIT?

Were you thinking about melt factor and material loss when considering the integrity factor, or is a separate measure also needed to factor in other ingredients, that are not formed from biscuit material, but contribute to the nature of the biscuit product.

E.g. the chocolate cream in a bourbon, vs the pink pillowy marshmallow delights of a Mikado/Jam Mallow.

The former is clearly a fine thing to dunk into tea or coffee, but frankly the latter ruins both, not merely for the bits of desiccated coconut that float around in the dunkee beverage.

In both cases the biscuity material itself remains well formed and would have a high BLIIT factor, but imagine the disappointment of someone trying a new biscuit rated 8.8 and desiccated coconut in their Earl Grey.
Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:39 - Sep 26 with 1032 viewsCoastalblue

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:34 - Sep 26 by eireblue

Were you thinking about melt factor and material loss when considering the integrity factor, or is a separate measure also needed to factor in other ingredients, that are not formed from biscuit material, but contribute to the nature of the biscuit product.

E.g. the chocolate cream in a bourbon, vs the pink pillowy marshmallow delights of a Mikado/Jam Mallow.

The former is clearly a fine thing to dunk into tea or coffee, but frankly the latter ruins both, not merely for the bits of desiccated coconut that float around in the dunkee beverage.

In both cases the biscuity material itself remains well formed and would have a high BLIIT factor, but imagine the disappointment of someone trying a new biscuit rated 8.8 and desiccated coconut in their Earl Grey.

So we'd have to come up with some sort of debris rating then? The question is whether this is incorporated into one large umbrella overall rating, or perhaps a traffic light system might work better.

Your mellow biscuits would score a green under dunking, but a definite red in terms of material lost and therefore contamination of the beverage.

I'm sure there are issues we have yet to encounter which will yet throw us off the path, albeit briefly.

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:39 - Sep 26 with 1032 viewsOldsmoker

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 10:59 - Sep 26 by eireblue

No, you're crackers.
The EU Jaffa cake ruling states if it's not a cake then it's a biscuit.
Ryvita is a savoury biscuit.
If you want to quantify that this discussion is about sweet biscuits only then I will concede the point.

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:51 - Sep 26 with 1008 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jaffa biscuits

(balls, beaten to it by Smoker of all people )
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 11:55]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:58 - Sep 26 with 999 viewseireblue

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:39 - Sep 26 by Coastalblue

So we'd have to come up with some sort of debris rating then? The question is whether this is incorporated into one large umbrella overall rating, or perhaps a traffic light system might work better.

Your mellow biscuits would score a green under dunking, but a definite red in terms of material lost and therefore contamination of the beverage.

I'm sure there are issues we have yet to encounter which will yet throw us off the path, albeit briefly.

Now that is a good idea.

Of course there maybe coffee drinking types, you know the sort, that have flavourings in their coffee, and now is not the time or place to utterly condemn such abhorrent behaviour, and so a multi-traffic light system, may help accommodate such deviant people with biscuit selection, but still provide enough safe guards for rational tea drinkers.

I think even worse than coffee fiddlers, and on this most right minded folk agree, are people that think dunking savoury items into hot beverages is somehow acceptable, and try to play the EU regulation card to try and get in their perversions on the same level as coffee botherers.
But you know, I am not going to say much on that topic.
Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:01 - Sep 26 with 992 viewsOldsmoker

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:51 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

Jaffa biscuits

(balls, beaten to it by Smoker of all people )
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 11:55]

Well, I am usually late to all threads.
The number of threads where I see I'm the last poster alarms me.
I did start to think that I was the 'Hitler rule' at one point.

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:08 - Sep 26 with 983 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:01 - Sep 26 by Oldsmoker

Well, I am usually late to all threads.
The number of threads where I see I'm the last poster alarms me.
I did start to think that I was the 'Hitler rule' at one point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:14 - Sep 26 with 974 viewsGeoffSentence

Nice.

Very tasty biscuit, but they just collapse upon immersion.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:15 - Sep 26 with 969 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 11:39 - Sep 26 by Coastalblue

Variations on the Rothwell Scale for an absorbency rating, perhaps, married with a reimagined aggregate rating to separate your crushed concrete from your burnt clay?

I still feel there would be a need for some sort of overall rating that factors in how the various components of the biscuit are bound together, Perhaps that is best dealt with by a series of rigorous scientific reviews or experimental results.

The very future of dunking may rest on our decisions at this point.

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:22 - Sep 26 with 964 viewsNthQldITFC

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:14 - Sep 26 by GeoffSentence

Nice.

Very tasty biscuit, but they just collapse upon immersion.

Which ones?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:29 - Sep 26 with 957 viewseireblue

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:15 - Sep 26 by You_Bloo_Right

Variations on the Rothwell Scale for an absorbency rating, perhaps, married with a reimagined aggregate rating to separate your crushed concrete from your burnt clay?

I still feel there would be a need for some sort of overall rating that factors in how the various components of the biscuit are bound together, Perhaps that is best dealt with by a series of rigorous scientific reviews or experimental results.

The very future of dunking may rest on our decisions at this point.

I think Phil and Gav are probably swelling with pride that their hobnob fuelled football related social media experiment is finally proving to actually be producing something useful.

Obviously Phil deserves most of the credit since Gav seems to be shirking on the site upgrade, again, but I don’t think that is worth commenting on right now.
Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:39 - Sep 26 with 947 viewsKeno

Are there any biscuits to be placed off the dunk list? on 12:29 - Sep 26 by eireblue

I think Phil and Gav are probably swelling with pride that their hobnob fuelled football related social media experiment is finally proving to actually be producing something useful.

Obviously Phil deserves most of the credit since Gav seems to be shirking on the site upgrade, again, but I don’t think that is worth commenting on right now.

Maybe someone should to a "whats Gav doing now" poll?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024