Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I just say I really like Ward... 16:28 - Sep 26 with 2078 viewsFixed_It

...at left-back. Those who were worried about him getting up and down the pitch should be reassured by his first few matches.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 16:41 - Sep 26 with 1978 viewsDeano69

Has everything kenlock sadly lacks.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 16:44 - Sep 26 with 1959 viewsHerbivore

He's quality. A natural left back that can defend and get up and offer something on the overlap. Uses the ball well. What's not to like?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 16:50 - Sep 26 with 1919 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's very good. Best we've had at LB for quite some time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:08 - Sep 26 with 1737 viewsEireannach_gorm

What a shock that a 50 capped Irish International is good at his job. It was a great bit of business getting him.
Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:11 - Sep 26 with 1727 viewswkj

In the last 10 or so years, our left back situation has always been the area I have been most worried about. Whilst we've had decent wing backs in this time, it has felt like we lacked solidarity on both sides at the same time. We keep those wings tight this season and that will be the answer to our woes for this year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:12 - Sep 26 with 1722 viewsSomethingBlue

Great signing. Intelligent, efficient, good game sense, picks his moments to assist the attack, does well in the duels. Need to be careful with him over a full season, I imagine, but hopefully we can nurse him through when needed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:16 - Sep 26 with 1699 viewsbackwaywhen

Also at his age the lower league opposition suit him admirable... COYBs
Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:17 - Sep 26 with 1680 viewsclive_baker

Seems like we’re in very safe hands at left back. Nice touch, good on the ball, street wise and not afraid to get forward. Looks like that 7/10 consistent performer we’ve been missing in that area, and he brings that bit of additional experience & leadership too which takes some of the burden off Chambers.

I would like to see Woolfenden back in, but Wilson & Nsiala have done well to be fair. Being flanked by Ward & Chambers certainly helps us retain shape and benefits the central 2 no end. Definitely a far cry from last season.

MOTM today for me was Dozzell. Thought he used the space he was allowed and found himself very well and kept us playing.

Only think I’m slightly critical of was the last 20 minutes or so where I think we took our foot off the gas and stopped doing the basics right, getting a bit sloppy. There was an ominous hint of arrogance that is far from justified.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:26 - Sep 26 with 1645 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Form is temporary. Class is permanent.
Can I just say I really like Ward... on 19:02 - Sep 26 with 1550 viewsBluecasp

In the words of Mick: he was different class. Plays in a lovely effortless manner. Looks too good for this league
Can I just say I really like Ward... on 19:11 - Sep 26 with 1528 viewsjudespiveyg

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:11 - Sep 26 by wkj

In the last 10 or so years, our left back situation has always been the area I have been most worried about. Whilst we've had decent wing backs in this time, it has felt like we lacked solidarity on both sides at the same time. We keep those wings tight this season and that will be the answer to our woes for this year.

Mings and Cresswell not good enough for you? Surely right back has been more of a concern in the past decade, the single good one we've had has only played 9 games.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 19:23 - Sep 26 with 1507 viewswkj

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 19:11 - Sep 26 by judespiveyg

Mings and Cresswell not good enough for you? Surely right back has been more of a concern in the past decade, the single good one we've had has only played 9 games.

Mings and Cresswell were fine players, but clearly were going to be moving on at some point because of how good they are/were, . although i butchered the post entirely as i meant to focus more on the fact we've not had the balance of competence/confidence on the wing back roles in the last 10 years or so.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 07:46 - Sep 28 with 1156 viewsHarlestonblue

Absolutely right. Looks a really good acquisiiton.
Can I just say I really like Ward... on 08:11 - Sep 28 with 1113 viewsDubtractor

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 18:17 - Sep 26 by clive_baker

Seems like we’re in very safe hands at left back. Nice touch, good on the ball, street wise and not afraid to get forward. Looks like that 7/10 consistent performer we’ve been missing in that area, and he brings that bit of additional experience & leadership too which takes some of the burden off Chambers.

I would like to see Woolfenden back in, but Wilson & Nsiala have done well to be fair. Being flanked by Ward & Chambers certainly helps us retain shape and benefits the central 2 no end. Definitely a far cry from last season.

MOTM today for me was Dozzell. Thought he used the space he was allowed and found himself very well and kept us playing.

Only think I’m slightly critical of was the last 20 minutes or so where I think we took our foot off the gas and stopped doing the basics right, getting a bit sloppy. There was an ominous hint of arrogance that is far from justified.

about 20 minutes from the end I posted that we were in complete control and that Rochdale weren't offering any threat at all. I feel partially responsible....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 08:40 - Sep 28 with 1062 viewsbournemouthblue

Can I just say I really like Ward... on 16:41 - Sep 26 by Deano69

Has everything kenlock sadly lacks.

Defensively he's still pretty solid, better than Garbutt who I didn't actually think was that good defensively despite his obvious attack assets

Kenlock isn't a bad player coming forward in my opinion and certainly would be alright playing out from the back

Hopefully he can learn from Ward whilst here. He is competent enough backup? I suspect MM would have sorted his defensive game more effectively than Lambert.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024