Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another very comfortable win 17:00 - Sep 26 with 1073 viewsitfcjoe

Not much to say, best team won and we did more than enough - midfielders on the scoresheet again which is good to see and deserved with getting men in the box

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another very comfortable win on 17:04 - Sep 26 with 1018 viewsgroovyASH

Was the most comfortable of the three games. Rochdale play some decent possession football but zero up top.

Hawkins was a presence and made an impression. Nsiala might be rubbish at passing but he defended everything today very well.

Sears and Ward have a good partnership on the left.

Goalscoring midfielders!!!!!!!

Overall, you cannot ask for much more at this point. The real tests are ahead and we will see how effective Lambert's resolve is in the weeks to come.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Another very comfortable win on 17:04 - Sep 26 with 1007 viewsRobTheMonk

Yep, loads of chances created too. Time will tell when we have to face to better teams but as far starts go, very positive.
Another very comfortable win on 17:05 - Sep 26 with 999 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep. In all of these games so far we've shown we can step it up when needed and we've also kept trying to play throughout. Sloppy in the last 15 minutes but I'll take it. Hawkins probably keeps his place after that but there is definitely a question mark at centre-forward in the long term.

Much stiffer tests to come but it's been a useful start and no harm building up an early advantage over certain sides, looks like being a very competitive league as expected.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 17:08]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Another very comfortable win on 17:06 - Sep 26 with 937 viewsreusersfreekicks

Worry that we are too open and better teams will score against us without too much difficulty. Dozell really good setting the tempo of things. Need more from Sears and to a lesser extent Edwards.
Another very comfortable win on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 938 viewsTieDyedIn95

We just need a centre forward for me, Hawkins did well enough but we really need someone up top to really complement the midfield and score regularly.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Another very comfortable win on 17:07 - Sep 26 with 930 viewsitfcjoe

Another very comfortable win on 17:05 - Sep 26 by SomethingBlue

Yep. In all of these games so far we've shown we can step it up when needed and we've also kept trying to play throughout. Sloppy in the last 15 minutes but I'll take it. Hawkins probably keeps his place after that but there is definitely a question mark at centre-forward in the long term.

Much stiffer tests to come but it's been a useful start and no harm building up an early advantage over certain sides, looks like being a very competitive league as expected.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 17:08]

I think the league is looking very weak this year, unsurprising with all that is going on.

Agree re CBs, they were very ahppy to elt them have the ball - and our midfield could still hurt them. Take a man or two out of their press when a CB can break lines and things very different - Woolfie back ASAP please

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another very comfortable win on 17:10 - Sep 26 with 863 viewsSomethingBlue

Another very comfortable win on 17:07 - Sep 26 by itfcjoe

I think the league is looking very weak this year, unsurprising with all that is going on.

Agree re CBs, they were very ahppy to elt them have the ball - and our midfield could still hurt them. Take a man or two out of their press when a CB can break lines and things very different - Woolfie back ASAP please

I meant to write centre-forward! But CBs is definitely one as well — as Mills said, don't think they are the two to push us on, either defensively or in buildup play, so hope Lambert doesn't get too wed to that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Another very comfortable win on 17:41 - Sep 26 with 695 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think that is a short and sweet summary.

Would have liked to see us go for the jugular bit it was a professional performance.

I'm hoping we're gradually getting Norwood and Hawkins closer to being fully fit and getting sharper for when we truly need them. Thoughts Joe and anyone else? It's the biggest concern but other than that what a good start to the season. I see Wigan beat pompy away as well.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Another very comfortable win on 17:43 - Sep 26 with 672 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Another very comfortable win on 17:07 - Sep 26 by itfcjoe

Think there will be less in the mix this year but Hull and Sunderland look good. Peterborough always start slow but come good. Normally ditto Portsmouth but not sure this year. Swindon could be a suprise package. Oxford returned to form today and Fleetwood will be in the mix regardless of today. Doncaster I think are slightly dark horses for me.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024