Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 22:15 - Sep 26 with 2120 viewsmonytowbray

I just made 6 “chicken breast” sized lumps of Seitan. First time ever making it from scratch. Took about 10 minutes to prep, 30 minutes of steaming (see also, setting a timer and p1ssing off to play PS4) and job done.

Total cost, less than a quid.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 01:36 - Sep 27 with 687 viewsmonytowbray

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 00:51 - Sep 27 by jeera

I don't have any barley either tbh, but it sort of looked right when you listed that stuff.

I shall buy some on my next shop so's not be a hypocrite.

This year I’ve got into gardening. Always been into cooking. And also bought a bicycle last week.

Approaching the mid-30s is actually alright once I got the hell that was 2019 out the way.

The main downside is the fact I really have to make an effort to get the last bit of p1ss out when aimed at the toilet. Used to be a 3 shake job, now it’s 3 squeezes.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 01:44 - Sep 27 with 678 viewsjeera

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 01:36 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

This year I’ve got into gardening. Always been into cooking. And also bought a bicycle last week.

Approaching the mid-30s is actually alright once I got the hell that was 2019 out the way.

The main downside is the fact I really have to make an effort to get the last bit of p1ss out when aimed at the toilet. Used to be a 3 shake job, now it’s 3 squeezes.

You won't get much sympathy from me on the last point atm.

I've spent much of the past 7 years having cameras and all sorts of other tubes shoved down mine. Various ops which have ended in a series of supposedly pain-killing spinal injections.

They now want to send me to some London hospital for a spinal implant, which isn't happening. Every time they touch me seems to require more corrective stuff, which leads to more corrective stuff.

If things get worse and they offer you surgery, make sure you speak to me first.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 1:45]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 05:16 - Sep 27 with 646 viewsdickie

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 22:30 - Sep 26 by jeera

I have to say one thing I'm not familiar with is vegan/vegetarianism being expensive.

I'd assume it was cheap as chips, so to speak.

Providing one cooks for oneself and doesn't waste a load of money on ready made meals, which goes for meat eaters too anyway.

I know there can be concerns for some people about getting sufficient proteins et al but as someone who likes lentils and can eat a bag of monkey nuts in a sitting if I'm not careful, I'd probably be ok on that count.

Vegetarianism/veganism is definitely much cheaper. My shopping bill decreased massively when I stopped eating meat.

I also get much more protein in my diet nowadays than when I ate meat purely down to being aware of needing to add protein. We just load up on quinoa, lentils, pulses, peas, seeds etc on a daily basis - it's really easy to add them and we almost never resort to processed meat substitutes (although I am partial to a Linda Mc sausage)
bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 07:51 - Sep 27 with 610 viewsDanTheMan

Just a shame it is pure gluten, means it's an absolute no go for anyone with celiac.

That said I agree with the sentiment, it's not too hard. You just need to find some recipes you like.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 09:25 - Sep 27 with 577 viewsMonkeyAlan

Just buy some Quorn chicken pieces. What a lot of messing about.
bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 09:43 - Sep 27 with 569 viewsBrixtonBlue

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 23:47 - Sep 26 by monytowbray

Imagine being your wife and missing out on sexual pleasure? Ir your kids being neglected? Because daddy has LIBS TO OWN on a football forum by trying to be funny and failing.

What a life.

Wowzers. Back of the net.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 20:04 - Sep 27 with 515 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ahead of their time with making sweet loaf...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 23:07 - Sep 27 with 477 viewsNewcyBlue

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 05:16 - Sep 27 by dickie

Vegetarianism/veganism is definitely much cheaper. My shopping bill decreased massively when I stopped eating meat.

I also get much more protein in my diet nowadays than when I ate meat purely down to being aware of needing to add protein. We just load up on quinoa, lentils, pulses, peas, seeds etc on a daily basis - it's really easy to add them and we almost never resort to processed meat substitutes (although I am partial to a Linda Mc sausage)

A Lind McSausage sounds like something you get when you go into the wrong (or right) brothel in Scotland.

We are doing more and more plant based at home. It’s quite easy to fall into cooking the same stuff over and over. Soups, stir fry’s, casseroles, curries.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 23:37 - Sep 27 with 461 viewsJ2BLUE

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 00:43 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

I’ve not reached that level of food w@nker to have Barley to hand, but now you mention it...

I have. Pearl barley is amazing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 00:00 - Sep 28 with 457 viewsjeera

Mmmmm, steamed Seitan..... on 23:37 - Sep 27 by J2BLUE

I have. Pearl barley is amazing.

It's funny, it's the sort of thing mums would add to stews years ago and wouldn't have crossed my mind until recent times.

It's a good filler isn't it, and can stand an all day cook in the slow cooker.

Definitely needs to be in the cupboard with winter coming.

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 08:09 - Sep 28 with 397 viewsKropotkin123

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 22:30 - Sep 26 by jeera

I have to say one thing I'm not familiar with is vegan/vegetarianism being expensive.

I'd assume it was cheap as chips, so to speak.

Providing one cooks for oneself and doesn't waste a load of money on ready made meals, which goes for meat eaters too anyway.

I know there can be concerns for some people about getting sufficient proteins et al but as someone who likes lentils and can eat a bag of monkey nuts in a sitting if I'm not careful, I'd probably be ok on that count.

Meant to up the cheap as chips. Sorry.

Edit: Any chance we could have an edit function or the buttons moved further apart. People often make this error on their phones.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 8:11]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 12:32 - Sep 28 with 350 viewsjeera

bEiNg VeGaN iS tOo dIfFiCuLt aNd ExPeNsIvE pt. 28174 on 08:09 - Sep 28 by Kropotkin123

Meant to up the cheap as chips. Sorry.

Edit: Any chance we could have an edit function or the buttons moved further apart. People often make this error on their phones.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 8:11]

I'm just happy someone appreciates me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024