Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank goodness for that 08:36 - Sep 27 with 3039 viewsgordon

"Laurence Fox launching new political party to fight culture wars"

"His aims include reforming publicly funded institutions, likely to include the BBC, and celebrating Britain's history."

Thank goodness for that on 23:02 - Sep 27 with 891 viewsjeera

Thank goodness for that on 22:47 - Sep 27 by J2BLUE

Who the hell is Lawrence Fox?

A self-entitled c***.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thank goodness for that on 23:12 - Sep 27 with 879 viewsHerbivore

He's like a younger, posher Worzel Gummidge that's been injected with pure, unadulterated white privilege. He's most famous for being Billie Piper's ex, that's until recently when he's carved out a niche as a professional f*cking moron, rent-a-gob, and poster boy the gammomistas.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thank goodness for that on 23:18 - Sep 27 with 870 viewsHARRY10

Thank goodness for that on 23:02 - Sep 27 by jeera

A self-entitled c***.

A self funded c***

if he follows Farages scam by charging the deluded bigots £25 a pop to join the Brexit company (it was never a party as such)

a limited company solely controlled by one Nigel Paul Farage

this might

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/farage-hangs-up-on
Thank goodness for that on 23:33 - Sep 27 with 860 viewsjeera

Thank goodness for that on 23:12 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

He's like a younger, posher Worzel Gummidge that's been injected with pure, unadulterated white privilege. He's most famous for being Billie Piper's ex, that's until recently when he's carved out a niche as a professional f*cking moron, rent-a-gob, and poster boy the gammomistas.

"The former star of the detective drama Lewis has become better known this year for making controversial comments about racism and inequality than for his acting."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/27/laurence-fox-launching-politica

He's an utter tool, he really is: "Fox said it was “odd” to show a Sikh soldier in the first world war film 1917. Following widespread criticism including from historians underlining the contribution of about 130,000 Sikhs in the British army during the war."

Thank goodness for that on 23:39 - Sep 27 with 854 viewsHerbivore

Thank goodness for that on 23:33 - Sep 27 by jeera

"The former star of the detective drama Lewis has become better known this year for making controversial comments about racism and inequality than for his acting."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/27/laurence-fox-launching-politica

He's an utter tool, he really is: "Fox said it was “odd” to show a Sikh soldier in the first world war film 1917. Following widespread criticism including from historians underlining the contribution of about 130,000 Sikhs in the British army during the war."

He's an ignorant arsehole whose privilege makes him think his voice should be heard and respected even when what he's saying is demonstrably wrong.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 23:39]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thank goodness for that on 23:54 - Sep 27 with 840 viewsJ2BLUE

Thank goodness for that on 23:12 - Sep 27 by Herbivore

Are you saying if I act like a rent-a-gob moron I have a chance with Billie Piper?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thank goodness for that on 23:55 - Sep 27 with 836 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank goodness for that on 23:54 - Sep 27 by J2BLUE

Are you saying if I act like a rent-a-gob moron I have a chance with Billie Piper?

It doesn't appear to have worked for you so far...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Thank goodness for that on 23:57 - Sep 27 with 836 viewsHARRY10

In his defence I think his point was to question the likelihood of there being a Sikh soldier serving with a British regiment, which in itself is a fair point and so does raise the point of why he was there i the film..

However, to then talk about forming a political party, which would undoubtedly rail against having such matters discussed and understood rather points to the real reason for Lawrences comment, being that the supposed 'out of place' soldier was non white.
Login to get fewer ads

Thank goodness for that on 23:57 - Sep 27 with 836 viewsjeera

Thank goodness for that on 23:54 - Sep 27 by J2BLUE

She's certainly had some strange tastes in men over the years buh, so don't dismiss your chances just yet.

Thank goodness for that on 23:58 - Sep 27 with 833 viewsJ2BLUE

Thank goodness for that on 23:55 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

It doesn't appear to have worked for you so far...

That's what I was thinking.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thank goodness for that on 07:04 - Sep 28 with 791 viewssolomon

His uncle tried to shoot De Gaulle
Thank goodness for that on 09:57 - Sep 28 with 772 viewstractordownsouth

So let me get this straight, he's setting up a new party because the others are supposedly ignoring the issues most British people care about, whilst simultaneously getting his knickers in a twist about watching a bloke in a Turban in the cinema?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Thank goodness for that on 10:45 - Sep 28 with 751 viewsBABLUE

Thank goodness for that on 09:57 - Sep 28 by tractordownsouth

So let me get this straight, he's setting up a new party because the others are supposedly ignoring the issues most British people care about, whilst simultaneously getting his knickers in a twist about watching a bloke in a Turban in the cinema?

And of course promoting #alllivesmatter

A total bellend whose followers are that too.
Thank goodness for that on 11:10 - Sep 28 with 740 viewsDarth_Koont

Thank goodness for that on 14:42 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

The insurmountable problem for anybody coming at this from a practical - rather than rabble-rousing - angle is that there is no genuine solution. The trade, mines and factories will not be resurrected, the steady massed jobs (if not actual prosperity) unlikely ever to return to the North of England, South Wales, Central Scotland, etc.

The best which can be offered are inadequate initiatives more slogan than investment, resulting in a small quantity of low-paid warehouse and call-centre employment. Hardly satisfying, especially when popular culture trumpets the wealth of the South East, or booming (London overspill) Manchester.

In the 1850s, their ancestors clambered on the newly arrived trains and left the impoverished countryside for lucrative industrial employment. Now there isn't really any boom for these people to flee to.

Clearly the solution isn’t to go back to what we had. Those jobs have gone because of global events and our management of them or rather lack of it.

But we need policies that address the fallout and address the even bigger challenges to people and the economy of the environment, AI and automation. Plus more global competitors that are doing better than us on basic metrics like productivity.

The UK as whole is exceptionally exposed right now. But made even worse by our inability to even comprehend a solution. Do you think the Dutch, Swedes and Germans think like that?

The big block to meaningful change isn’t reality it’s that the hard and soft power in the UK don’t care and will be OK whatever, as I suspect will be a large proportion of the comfortable middle class. But that still leaves millions of ordinary workers and their families, not to mention the younger generations seeing a bleaker reality and a grimmer future for the first time in the post-war era.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thank goodness for that on 14:03 - Sep 28 with 711 viewsMattinLondon

Thank goodness for that on 14:42 - Sep 27 by Guthrum

The insurmountable problem for anybody coming at this from a practical - rather than rabble-rousing - angle is that there is no genuine solution. The trade, mines and factories will not be resurrected, the steady massed jobs (if not actual prosperity) unlikely ever to return to the North of England, South Wales, Central Scotland, etc.

The best which can be offered are inadequate initiatives more slogan than investment, resulting in a small quantity of low-paid warehouse and call-centre employment. Hardly satisfying, especially when popular culture trumpets the wealth of the South East, or booming (London overspill) Manchester.

In the 1850s, their ancestors clambered on the newly arrived trains and left the impoverished countryside for lucrative industrial employment. Now there isn't really any boom for these people to flee to.

In Fox’s case he will happily flee right up his own arse.

I remember watching ‘Celebrity Gogglebox’ and he was on of the celebrities on it and he actually came across as quite funny and likeable. I was quite disappointed when I found out that he is a bit of a prick.

In a similar vain when someone highlighted that Tarricco is a conspiracy theorist and anti-vax. I’ll never recover from that.
Thank goodness for that on 21:09 - Sep 28 with 662 viewsHARRY10

Thank goodness for that on 07:04 - Sep 28 by solomon

His uncle tried to shoot De Gaulle

Similar to the Chinese, who name years after animals, the French do the same for certain days

that one was named after the jackass (or something)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024