Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? 10:24 - Sep 27 with 683 viewsBarneycurley

I am obviously talking DLR era too, did they ever play in the UK?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 10:27 - Sep 27 with 677 viewsBlue_Heath

Didn't see it as was too young but:

Van Halen
Gaumont Theatre,
Ipswich, UK
28/May/1978

In 1978 Van Halen were the warm-up act
on Black Sabbath's 10th anniversary UK tour.
Here they are warming 'em up in Ipswich.
High adrenalin stuff.
mp3 @320
This is a remixed version which has never
been shared anywhere before.
Another soundaboard exclusive!
Covers included.
regards
Titus

1. On Fire
2. I'm The One
3. Bass Solo
4. Runnin' With The Devil
5. Atomic Punk/Drum solo
6. Little Dreamer
7. Feel Your Love Tonight
8. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
9. Eruption
10. You Really Got Me
11. D.O.A.

Available as a bootleg cd.
Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 11:13 - Sep 27 with 639 viewsb1079blue

Saw DLR at a couple of festivals. absolutely superb, every inch a showman if not the most technically gifted singer. If I was trying to be clever I would comment how this brash, loud American had a load of p*****d up brits eating out of the palm of his hand.

BTW
Anyone spread any truth to the rumor that big American rock bands would come over an play secret gigs at USAF bases in Suffolk?
Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 11:20 - Sep 27 with 632 viewsBarneycurley

Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 11:13 - Sep 27 by b1079blue

Saw DLR at a couple of festivals. absolutely superb, every inch a showman if not the most technically gifted singer. If I was trying to be clever I would comment how this brash, loud American had a load of p*****d up brits eating out of the palm of his hand.

BTW
Anyone spread any truth to the rumor that big American rock bands would come over an play secret gigs at USAF bases in Suffolk?

Yeah i saw him in his own right, he was superb as you say, just a regret to not have seen him with Van Halen. Total nostalgia for me

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 12:01 - Sep 27 with 601 viewsFoD_Blue

Saw DLR live solo in 1991 in Manchester. It was a great show and DLR was a great showman.
Never got to see Van Halen, they are my bucket list band and the only band I can think of that I haven't seen that I want to.

I actually prefer Sammy Hagar as VH's frontman.
Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 13:25 - Sep 27 with 570 viewsSouperJim

I saw them support Bon Jovi at Wembley in the early nineties, can't recall the exact year. They didn't leave that much of an impression but I was only a teenager.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 13:33 - Sep 27 with 564 viewsfactual_blue

Wasn't aware of their Docklands Light Railway connection.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone lucky enough to see Van Halen live? on 15:29 - Sep 27 with 537 viewsJamestownPrince

Apologies!!

I saw Van Hagar, 1995 (Gateshead Stadium) with Skin, Ugly Kid Joe and Bon Jovi (just before they went pop!!)

VH were amazing......

I also saw DLR on his own circa 2004/2005 at Wolverhampton Civic Hall, singing wasn't the best, though a good night out!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024