Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set pieces 12:26 - Sep 27 with 1770 viewsHipsterectomy

At one point, unless I mis-heard, Mick Mills was berating Sears for his awful free kicks and the fact that he is wasting them yet being the first to grab the ball. MM said he didn't care how well he does them in training, that during matches they are shocking.

It is bizarre that no player grabs the ball off Sears, or that Lambert doesn't tell him where to go after wasting some great opportunities.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Set pieces on 12:35 - Sep 27 with 1705 viewsSitfcB

Yep, he’s had his chances. Someone else should’ve had a go yesterday.

GWION would be by pick.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Set pieces on 12:43 - Sep 27 with 1672 viewsLankHenners

I never feel more certain that we won't score from a situation when Sears sets up to take a free kick.

I'd genuinely feel more confident if Thomas Holy walked up to have a crack.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Set pieces on 12:49 - Sep 27 with 1643 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Set pieces on 12:54 - Sep 27 with 1624 viewsJermynblue

It is a shame that we do not have a skilled free-kick taker at the moment as we have had some good opportunities in the early part of the season. Sears has not looked like scoring, but when I look elsewhere in the team yesterday I struggle to identify who would be my next choice. It could just be that Sears is top of a list of not very good free-kick takers. Last year we were fortunate to have Garbutt who gave you a feeling that when we we had a free-kick it represented a realistic opportunity. Perhaps something to work on in training.
Set pieces on 12:57 - Sep 27 with 1604 viewsRobTheMonk

Tell James Wilson that Luke Chambers is standing near the top corner and he'll pick it out no problem.
Set pieces on 17:11 - Sep 27 with 1390 viewsandytown

Set pieces on 12:54 - Sep 27 by Jermynblue

It is a shame that we do not have a skilled free-kick taker at the moment as we have had some good opportunities in the early part of the season. Sears has not looked like scoring, but when I look elsewhere in the team yesterday I struggle to identify who would be my next choice. It could just be that Sears is top of a list of not very good free-kick takers. Last year we were fortunate to have Garbutt who gave you a feeling that when we we had a free-kick it represented a realistic opportunity. Perhaps something to work on in training.

Thought Lancaster was ok with free kicks before he was injured. Not in the team atm obviously
Set pieces on 17:19 - Sep 27 with 1360 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Indeed, someone else has to grab the ball now.

From a purely technical point of view I’d go Dozzell.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Set pieces on 18:52 - Sep 27 with 1263 viewsGarv

Didn't see yesterday's but if he's still taking them after the Wigan debacle then it's a farce.

Bizarre, baffling, strange. All words that are perfectly acceptable to use to describe Freddie Sears taking attacking free kicks and also, as you say, that no one has taken over responsibility.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Set pieces on 19:07 - Sep 27 with 1240 viewsclive_baker

Sears had a couple of poor ones against Wigan that he lofted over. Half decent effort against Rovers which the keeper saved and one yesterday into the wall. I think with the likes of Bishop breaking from midfield we’ll win freekicks in dangerous areas, but I’m not convinced we’ve got anyone who will make the most of them.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ward have a crack. Norwood when he’s fit will fancy them, pretty sure he scored a couple of good ones for Tranmere.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Set pieces on 19:41 - Sep 27 with 1156 viewsWickets

Suppose our Mick had too by the law of average get something right as he started his commentary stint by declaring that he had watched Hawkins for a whole 10 minutes last week and he is not the man to lead our attack !!
Set pieces on 20:19 - Sep 27 with 1095 viewsBluefish

Set pieces on 12:35 - Sep 27 by SitfcB

Yep, he’s had his chances. Someone else should’ve had a go yesterday.

GWION would be by pick.

What is wrong with you? You have gone numbskull. 1st it was live for Shambert, then criticising Didz and now you are rating Gwion. FFS MATE

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Set pieces on 09:04 - Sep 28 with 915 viewstextbackup

Set pieces on 12:43 - Sep 27 by LankHenners

I never feel more certain that we won't score from a situation when Sears sets up to take a free kick.

I'd genuinely feel more confident if Thomas Holy walked up to have a crack.

Sears 1 on 1 with only a keeper to beat doesn’t fill me with confidence, let alone a wall and a keeper

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Set pieces on 09:08 - Sep 28 with 909 viewsPhilTWTD

Set pieces on 19:07 - Sep 27 by clive_baker

Sears had a couple of poor ones against Wigan that he lofted over. Half decent effort against Rovers which the keeper saved and one yesterday into the wall. I think with the likes of Bishop breaking from midfield we’ll win freekicks in dangerous areas, but I’m not convinced we’ve got anyone who will make the most of them.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ward have a crack. Norwood when he’s fit will fancy them, pretty sure he scored a couple of good ones for Tranmere.

Dozzell would be the obvious choice, takes a great free-kick. Am surprised he's not taken any so far.
Set pieces on 09:10 - Sep 28 with 895 viewsBluefish

Set pieces on 09:08 - Sep 28 by PhilTWTD

Dozzell would be the obvious choice, takes a great free-kick. Am surprised he's not taken any so far.

Lankester to be the obvious choice when we are playing him....hopefully soon

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024