Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Big If But 13:43 - Sep 27 with 1578 viewscressi

we were to get promoted would any of these strikers be any good in the championship get 15 goals plus personally I dont see it Think we would need two minimum im not convinced they are good enough in this league Norwood may be but looks unfit or uninterested ,Hawkins though people thought he done ok don't look like his a goalscorer and Jackson can only play in a two
A Big If But on 13:53 - Sep 27 with 1537 viewsFixed_It

Thanks for your in-depth assessment based on 3 league matches this season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A Big If But on 14:01 - Sep 27 with 1512 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I would say most of the squad isn't good enough to see us comfortably stay in the Championship. Let's get there first, before we start worrying about that.
A Big If But on 14:10 - Sep 27 with 1473 viewsSpruceMoose

A Big If But on 13:53 - Sep 27 by Fixed_It

Two of the three strikers can be judged on prior seasons though.

Jackson? Probably.
Norwood? No.
Hawkins? TBD

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A Big If But on 14:17 - Sep 27 with 1455 viewsDubtractor

A Big If But on 13:53 - Sep 27 by Fixed_It

Unnecessarily snippy response to a fair question Fixers.

You're better than that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A Big If But on 14:20 - Sep 27 with 1442 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jackson, possibly in a front 2. Not in our system as a lone striker.

Norwood - No

Hawkins - No

Just my opinion of course though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

A Big If But on 14:35 - Sep 27 with 1392 viewsHerbivore

A Big If But on 14:20 - Sep 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

Jackson, possibly in a front 2. Not in our system as a lone striker.

Norwood - No

Hawkins - No

Just my opinion of course though.

Think that looks about right. I still feel Jackson could potentially be useful wide in a front three in the right side as well. Definitely not as the focal point though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A Big If But on 14:55 - Sep 27 with 1365 viewsFixed_It

A Big If But on 14:17 - Sep 27 by Dubtractor

Unnecessarily snippy response to a fair question Fixers.

You're better than that.

Maybe. Question was fair but with unnecessarily negative tone IMO. Norwood 'unfit or uninterested' for example. Just annoys me when people make these kind of assumptions when the season has only just started. Besides - I'm tired!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A Big If But on 15:17 - Sep 27 with 1324 viewsJ2BLUE

A Big If But on 14:55 - Sep 27 by Fixed_It

Maybe. Question was fair but with unnecessarily negative tone IMO. Norwood 'unfit or uninterested' for example. Just annoys me when people make these kind of assumptions when the season has only just started. Besides - I'm tired!

I agree with you. This is like worrying if you'll still want to live in your current house if you get a big promotion at work. I really don't understand the point of these threads. We had them under MM as well with people advocating sacking him if he was somehow to take us up because he wouldn't be a good manager in the Premier League. I find it all a bit odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

A Big If But on 17:37 - Sep 27 with 1206 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A Big If But on 14:01 - Sep 27 by IpswichBoyBlue

I would say most of the squad isn't good enough to see us comfortably stay in the Championship. Let's get there first, before we start worrying about that.

This.

Considering most of this squad got relegated with hardly a whimper, I doubt most of them are good enough for the Championship, probably with the exception of our central midfield. At least one of which is likely to go to another Championship club in January anyway, if not this window.

As for the rest? Nope.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A Big If But on 17:39 - Sep 27 with 1201 viewsHipsterectomy

The depressing truth is that with covid, our finances at the moment, and the relative lack of significant income from being in the Championship, it will likely be a few frees and loans or what we have.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

A Big If But on 05:17 - Sep 28 with 1005 viewsMercian

Go back 7 years or so and Will was the more promising of the Keane twins. Let's hope he is a late bloomer. His wonderkid team mate now plays for Salford.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 5:19]
A Big If But on 08:07 - Sep 28 with 915 viewsWeWereZombies

A Big If But on 17:39 - Sep 27 by Hipsterectomy

The depressing truth is that with covid, our finances at the moment, and the relative lack of significant income from being in the Championship, it will likely be a few frees and loans or what we have.

Worth pointing out that the OP did not consider Drinan and Folami (or Morris if he makes a quicker than expected recovery from the cruciate ligament injury). If any of them are able to get an extended run in the team this season we may have young forwards who can cut it in the Second Division.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A Big If But on 08:29 - Sep 28 with 891 viewsjayessess

They've not proven good enough to get out of this league yet!

15 goals a season? Probably not. Personally I don't think Norwood is ultimately going to cut it for us, unless there's a player in there that fitness has prevented us from seeing. I think Jackson may have improved enough technically that he'd be capable of that. Hawkins has never been capable of that, but does other things well, as far as I can see.

Plenty of teams manage to avoid relegation from the Championship without a 15+-goal a season striker. Last season Cardiff's top scorer had ... 8 goals and they made the play-offs.

If, big if, we're in the Championship next year, I expect survival will depend as much on whether the rest of our team, particularly our young players, kick on and adapt to a higher level. It'll also depend on whether we can find a way of playing that works against teams with more resources.

I also expect we'd be signing a striker, unless one of the guys currently on the books has an exceptional season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A Big If But on 10:17 - Sep 28 with 838 viewsWickets

Remind me what we all thought regards Keiffer Moore !
A Big If But on 11:20 - Sep 28 with 791 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Sears - by next season probably not
Drinan - probably will be a season or two too soon
Norwood - absolutely not
Jackson - decent enough back up
Hawkins - okay as a target man, but would still need a goalscorer

In answer to your question, I think if we were to get promoted, it would not be a bad idea for Marcus to set aside up to £5m for a striker option.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

A Big If But on 17:09 - Sep 28 with 690 viewsipswichtillidie

Championship players we have: KVY, Woolfie, Downes, Dozza, Nolan, Judge, Bishop.
Maybes : Nors, Jackson, Edwards, keepers

The rest are either past it, will never be good enough or haven’t developed enough as yet. As someone said let’s get there first but we have enough players to base a squad around at championship level. If we get up the defence will need a re jig that’s for sure.

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024