Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A theory: Were we a bit complacent last season? 17:32 - Sep 27 with 609 viewsBrixtonBlue

I wonder if Lambert, and perhaps the players too, were a bit complacent last season, thinking our extra quality would tell and we could afford to rotate and use different systems without it affecting us too much (with the good initial results perhaps cementing that idea).

I'm sure they'd never admit it, or perhaps even think it consciously, but subconsciously?

They all seem to be a lot more focussed and professional this term; a proper left back brought in, sticking with 4-3-3 every single game and most of the same players kept in their correct positions, plus talk of the system being worked on over and over in training, drilling it into the players (which one or two have suggested, while necessary, is a bit boring).

There's the talk of tough love too that seems to have rubbed a few up the wrong way, although it hasn't had an adverse reaction on the pitch.

Also Marcus Evans seems to be more involved than he's ever been previously.

Is it just me or does the club as a whole seem a lot more focussed this season?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A theory: Were we a bit complacent last season? on 18:21 - Sep 27 with 547 viewsfactual_blue

You have a theory. Are you Anne Elk?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A theory: Were we a bit complacent last season? on 09:37 - Sep 28 with 372 viewsBrixtonBlue

A theory: Were we a bit complacent last season? on 18:21 - Sep 27 by factual_blue

I'll be honest, I had to look that up.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A theory: Were we a bit complacent last season? on 09:48 - Sep 28 with 365 viewsKeno

A theory: Were we a bit complacent last season? on 18:21 - Sep 27 by factual_blue

Are you implying Dolly is thin to start with gets thicker in the middle and end up thin again?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A theory: Were we a bit complacent last season? on 10:21 - Sep 28 with 335 viewsPinewoodblue

Complacency is usually short-lived and turns to panic.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024