Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? 08:16 - Sep 28 with 3617 viewsDubtractor

This time of year really does me in. The shortening days and everything slowly dying gets me feeling pretty miserable every year.

I fear that this year, with home working and no real social life, is going to be a particularly bad one. Especially as the weather switch last week was so dramatic.

Woe is me.

Edited for spelling. Also to add that I like the crisp and clear cooler days, but too much of autumn is just grey and damp.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 8:55]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:29 - Sep 28 with 1113 viewsJimmy86

Totally with you on this one!! Depressing time of year, made even worse by this god awful pandemic, that seems to be around for the foreseeable future :(

Only last week the weather was pretty decent.... the nights really have drawn in very quickly
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:30 - Sep 28 with 1112 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:27 - Sep 28 by mojo

I love autumn. The best time of year for rare birds turning up. You can actually see them as well as unlike spring, there aren't any leaves on the trees.

I'll give you that one!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:42 - Sep 28 with 1097 viewsAce_High1

Yes awful time of the year. Wish I could fast forward to March right now.

Most people who like the winter do so because they enjoy the festivities/Christmas season - good on them. I normally like to go away somewhere hot at that time of the year as it is the one time in the whole year when work slows and I can actually have a few days without being on the work/emails. Obviously this is not really an option this year so really expecting a long slog through the winter.

As I have got older, I really look forward to the summer and a warmer climate more and more.The weather does seem to impact my mood and most of the things I enjoy - like cricket and golf are all impacted by the weather and seasons.

Once I finally am in a position to do it financially I would love to own a property on the other side of the world and then spend March - September in UK and the other 6 months abroad in the heat!
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:06 - Sep 28 with 1084 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:24 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

I thought you would give me one if it was the other way around so I just went for it

What about a downvote though?

[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 15:07]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:08 - Sep 28 with 1080 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 08:26 - Sep 28 by MonkeyAlan

I love the autumn/winter. We have Halloween, Fire works, Xmas. Love all that stuff. Hopefully snow. It's the best time of year. But then, l really don't do heat, so summer is never good for me.

You've described winter there, not autumn.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:09 - Sep 28 with 1077 viewsSarge

Yup, winter too. I’d live in permanent summer somewhere like California if could. You may have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I’ve considered ordering a SAD lamp to see if it helps but not got round to it yet.
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:15 - Sep 28 with 1073 viewsSarge

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:08 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

You've described winter there, not autumn.

In fairness October and November are classed as Autumn aren’t they?
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:40 - Sep 28 with 1059 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:15 - Sep 28 by Sarge

In fairness October and November are classed as Autumn aren’t they?

According to the Met Office, "The seasons are defined as spring (March, April, May), summer (June, July, August), autumn (September, October, November) and winter (December, January, February)."

I stand corrected.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:54 - Sep 28 with 1047 viewshype313

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 15:40 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

According to the Met Office, "The seasons are defined as spring (March, April, May), summer (June, July, August), autumn (September, October, November) and winter (December, January, February)."

I stand corrected.

...Said the man in the orthopedic shoes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 16:43 - Sep 28 with 1020 viewsRyorry

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:24 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

I thought you would give me one if it was the other way around so I just went for it

As if!!! Well it'll be a very long time before you get another uppie from me young man!

Seriously - really dreading it. Sometimes I'd go a whole day without seeing another person to speak with if it weren't for meeting neighbours on dog-walks & over the wall for "coffee mornings" on sunny days since March. Those things aint gonna happen much from November on, and the isolation is starting to get to me already.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 18:10 - Sep 28 with 1004 viewsReuser_is_God

Yup.

Last week the missus was sleeping naked & now she’s in long pyjamas with a fooking hot water bottle for company.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 18:31 - Sep 28 with 984 viewsDebsyAngel

I do a bit, and always feel sad once August is over. I have the last couple of years gone away for a couple of days in early October to have something to look forward to, but this year not a chance. That means this year will be struggling to cope with the depression and thinking of all we would normally do. The gigs we had looked forward to have all been postponed. I feel so bloody sad and not well anyhow which makes it hard every day. I do like the colours of the garden though, but not keen on the colder temperatures and having the heater on ALL day.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 18:39]
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 18:38 - Sep 28 with 981 viewsMullet

I'm not much of a fan, especially when everything stinks of cinnamon and it gets dark so I rarely see daylight for most of my week.

I hate winter more because of snow and slush and Christmas.

Summer is too hot usually.

Spring is hard work.

Apart from that not really.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 18:47 - Sep 28 with 970 viewsazuremerlangus

I'm with you on this. But I think it must be an age thing.

When I was young it certainly never used to bother me; I would take each season as it came and made the most of each one. These days I find autumn/winter a bit of a drag - going to and from work in the dark is depressing. Maybe I need to make sure I get out on my bike more at weekends.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 20:31 - Sep 28 with 931 viewsDeano69

Me too. Really dislike the next few months. Dark, dull, miserable and cold. What’s to like.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 21:58 - Sep 28 with 892 viewsTrequartista

Doesn't really affect me one way or another, it's just weather.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 890 viewspeterleeblue

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:02 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

+1. You can keep the snow and ice. It makes driving a pain in the arse but the rest of it, yes please.

I don't like summer. Autumn is the best time of year. New Year's Day usually depresses me because I love everything about Christmas. Christmas is over. The slog of January and February with nothing to break it up. Then spring emerges and it's nice for a couple of months before full on summer f##ks me up every single year.

exactly how i see it. I'm Ok On NYD but Jan 2nd if a working day is without doubt the most depressing day of the year.
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 22:04 - Sep 28 with 886 viewsjeera

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 18:38 - Sep 28 by Mullet

I'm not much of a fan, especially when everything stinks of cinnamon and it gets dark so I rarely see daylight for most of my week.

I hate winter more because of snow and slush and Christmas.

Summer is too hot usually.

Spring is hard work.

Apart from that not really.

"everything stinks of cinnamon"

What? Does it?

Besides, what's wrong with cinnamon?

I fancy a Chelsea bun now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 02:02 - Sep 29 with 849 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 22:04 - Sep 28 by jeera

"everything stinks of cinnamon"

What? Does it?

Besides, what's wrong with cinnamon?

I fancy a Chelsea bun now.

Cinnamon is amazing. I am deeply suspicious of anyone who doesn't like it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 02:06 - Sep 29 with 845 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 16:43 - Sep 28 by Ryorry

As if!!! Well it'll be a very long time before you get another uppie from me young man!

Seriously - really dreading it. Sometimes I'd go a whole day without seeing another person to speak with if it weren't for meeting neighbours on dog-walks & over the wall for "coffee mornings" on sunny days since March. Those things aint gonna happen much from November on, and the isolation is starting to get to me already.

Ahh feeling a bit guilty now! Could you set up some Zoom coffees?

Hopefully this virus will be much better by next summer and we can all have a several month long party!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024