Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? 08:16 - Sep 28 with 3619 viewsDubtractor

This time of year really does me in. The shortening days and everything slowly dying gets me feeling pretty miserable every year.

I fear that this year, with home working and no real social life, is going to be a particularly bad one. Especially as the weather switch last week was so dramatic.

Woe is me.

Edited for spelling. Also to add that I like the crisp and clear cooler days, but too much of autumn is just grey and damp.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 8:55]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:20 - Sep 28 with 811 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:02 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

+1. You can keep the snow and ice. It makes driving a pain in the arse but the rest of it, yes please.

I don't like summer. Autumn is the best time of year. New Year's Day usually depresses me because I love everything about Christmas. Christmas is over. The slog of January and February with nothing to break it up. Then spring emerges and it's nice for a couple of months before full on summer f##ks me up every single year.

Gave you an uppie, but I’m not a fan of Xmas.

Otherwise you’re pretty correct. Although I do enjoy the snow, even driving in it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:31 - Sep 28 with 793 viewsRyorry

Am right with you, absolutely hate it, the cold, the dark, the fog, the rain, the gales, the snow & ice, extra travel problems, more likelihood of floods, less outdoor time (shorter daylight), the whole hype about C******as from end of September on.

3rd best day of the year is Dec. 22nd when days start getting longer again; 2nd best day of the year is Boxing Day, when normal life is allowed to resume; best day of the year is 01/01 when you can start looking forward to spring & the first new life of the year starts peeking its head above ground - snowdrops, which have thermo-sensitive flower-tips and therefore don't bother to even try when there's frost on the ground. Roll on 2021!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:34 - Sep 28 with 793 viewshype313

Generally don't mind it, sometimes a welcome relief from the heat, but this years going to chafe with the fact that everything's going to get cancelled.

It's going to be long 6 months till March.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:35 - Sep 28 with 791 viewsBloomBlue

I don't mind it although I did have a fall once
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:44 - Sep 28 with 774 viewsFixed_It

I read that as Autism, which I thought was a bit of a personal question to put on here!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 12:39 - Sep 28 with 739 viewsjeera

Depends doesn't it.

Some years September right through October can be cracking weather with autumn postponed nicely 'til November, making for a shorter winter.

At the moment though, it's turned bloomin' cold.

So no, don't like it much.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 12:40 - Sep 28 with 736 viewsjeera

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:08 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

I also love rain. Those windy and wet days where the rain is blowing directly into your face and you softies go home and immediately start looking at 'winter sun' holiday sites...remember one thing: J2 is f##king loving it and he's not sorry.

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 12:55 - Sep 28 with 721 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Autumn is the best season.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:17 - Sep 28 with 709 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 12:55 - Sep 28 by The_Last_Baron

No. It is the worst.

Spring
Summer
Winter
Autumn

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:19 - Sep 28 with 703 viewsMonkeyAlan

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:02 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

+1. You can keep the snow and ice. It makes driving a pain in the arse but the rest of it, yes please.

I don't like summer. Autumn is the best time of year. New Year's Day usually depresses me because I love everything about Christmas. Christmas is over. The slog of January and February with nothing to break it up. Then spring emerges and it's nice for a couple of months before full on summer f##ks me up every single year.

Yep, agreed, summer is a no no. Can't stand the heat. Give me a nice frosty day or overcast and raining any day. I like snow, but agreed it's a pain for driving, so yes, maybe no snow then.
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:20 - Sep 28 with 700 viewsMonkeyAlan

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 10:46 - Sep 28 by StokieBlue

Going to be harder this year though given all the things you've listed are likely to be cancelled or very small scale.

Can fully understand people not looking forward to long dark days working from home.

SB

I shall still enjoy them as best we can.
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:20 - Sep 28 with 706 viewsmonytowbray

Halloween and the Xmas break keep me going, alongside many chill nights indoors being cosy.

My top tip is make your home somewhere you enjoy spending time in. Get those ambient vibez.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:22 - Sep 28 with 701 viewslowhouseblue

autumn's great. take a vitamin d supplement and enjoy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:22 - Sep 28 with 701 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 12:55 - Sep 28 by The_Last_Baron

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/lifestyle/autumn-is-my-favourite-season-says

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:33 - Sep 28 with 681 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:20 - Sep 28 by monytowbray

Halloween and the Xmas break keep me going, alongside many chill nights indoors being cosy.

My top tip is make your home somewhere you enjoy spending time in. Get those ambient vibez.

Make your home somewhere you enjoy.

Cracking tip. I bet no one has thought of that

I'm now picturing people with a fridge full of steaks and cheese thinking Callis said it's ok!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:40 - Sep 28 with 671 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:22 - Sep 28 by lowhouseblue

autumn's great. take a vitamin d supplement and enjoy.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/lifestyle/autumn-is-my-favourite-season-says

This gets more and more apt.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:41 - Sep 28 with 672 viewsjaykay

i got some news for those who hate autumn/winter , when you get into your autumn years (see what i did there) things are going to be 10 times worse.
when my dad died and my mother lived alone, i made sure i visited her every night as i lived in the same town. the reason being she told me, once she drew the curtains at 4pm she saw no one or spoke to anybody till next day. if it was raining or snowing that ment she saw no one that day as well.
she loved the spring ,she could be in the garden till late plus more people be about to speak to as they were not hurrying to get home to the warm.
after she told me that i made sure i went everyday to see her . i know some people cant do this as they live far away from their mum or dad .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:51 - Sep 28 with 648 viewsRyorry

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:31 - Sep 28 by Ryorry

Am right with you, absolutely hate it, the cold, the dark, the fog, the rain, the gales, the snow & ice, extra travel problems, more likelihood of floods, less outdoor time (shorter daylight), the whole hype about C******as from end of September on.

3rd best day of the year is Dec. 22nd when days start getting longer again; 2nd best day of the year is Boxing Day, when normal life is allowed to resume; best day of the year is 01/01 when you can start looking forward to spring & the first new life of the year starts peeking its head above ground - snowdrops, which have thermo-sensitive flower-tips and therefore don't bother to even try when there's frost on the ground. Roll on 2021!

A downvote for being depressed about the oncoming Autumn? :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:54 - Sep 28 with 652 viewsSonOfSpock

I must admit, I'm not really looking forward to it at all, especially if there are any further lockdowns and/or restrictions.

Working from home started as a novelty, but after a few weeks with the kids home schooling, wifes redundancy and trying to continue with work Ive not really recovered from it and been in a bad place since. Our office was supposed to start going back in last week (i actually dont mine going in - i miss the interaction, change of scene and routine) - however, now i'll just be going in to sit on Teams and speak to people at home.. on Teams, so no real change.
Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:58 - Sep 28 with 648 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 11:31 - Sep 28 by Ryorry

I feel almost exactly the same as you re that second paragraph..

22/12, in my head, is where it starts improving. Obv still cold, but it gets lighter with each day, and in the garden you soon start to see little signs of life with early bulbs poking their heads up.

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:59 - Sep 28 with 648 viewsjeera

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:33 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

Make your home somewhere you enjoy.

Cracking tip. I bet no one has thought of that

I'm now picturing people with a fridge full of steaks and cheese thinking Callis said it's ok!

Note to self: must get more beer.

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:15 - Sep 28 with 638 viewsHalf_Idiot

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 08:24 - Sep 28 by Swansea_Blue

*rapidly changes what I was going to type*

Yeah, autumns sucks. Down with this sort of thing.

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:21 - Sep 28 with 626 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:58 - Sep 28 by Dubtractor

I feel almost exactly the same as you re that second paragraph..

22/12, in my head, is where it starts improving. Obv still cold, but it gets lighter with each day, and in the garden you soon start to see little signs of life with early bulbs poking their heads up.

I don't mind the coldness of winter - you get used to that and expect it - but Autumn just happens overnight and sucks the life from me.

Just makes things so much more difficult with kids as well, especially now I have to queue up to drop them at nursery and pick them up.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:24 - Sep 28 with 622 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 13:51 - Sep 28 by Ryorry

A downvote for being depressed about the oncoming Autumn? :(

I thought you would give me one if it was the other way around so I just went for it

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else struggle with Autumn? on 14:27 - Sep 28 with 618 viewsmojo

I love autumn. The best time of year for rare birds turning up. You can actually see them as well as unlike spring, there aren't any leaves on the trees.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024