Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut 08:54 - Sep 28 with 1026 viewsSteve_M

It's not 10pm.

Meanwhile, Pritti Patel - of all people - is urging people to take responsibility for their actions. She is, of course, correct here but her brazen disregard for the law and that of this government coupled with the sheer incompetence of politicians having different rules to for themselves makes the message very hard to get across.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 08:55 - Sep 28 with 1014 viewsHerbivore

Rules are for the little people #36674821 by Herbivore 23 Sep 2020 15:58
https://twitter.com/jayrayner1/status/1308778234172108800?s=19

Bunch of arseholes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 09:45 - Sep 28 with 928 viewsGeoffSentence

Why on earth is there a bar in the HoC anyway. It's a place of work not a social club. It's no wonder out government is such a shambles when half the people in it are half cut half the time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 09:51 - Sep 28 with 905 viewsKeno

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 09:45 - Sep 28 by GeoffSentence

Why on earth is there a bar in the HoC anyway. It's a place of work not a social club. It's no wonder out government is such a shambles when half the people in it are half cut half the time.

You may do doing then a disservice there

I’m sure more than half of them are more than half cut most of the time!!

I wonder if this is where Mark Francois has been hiding, haven’t her from him for ages now

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:24 - Sep 28 with 855 viewsfactual_blue

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 09:45 - Sep 28 by GeoffSentence

Five Ways Tower in Birmingham was a government building that had a bar in.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:24 - Sep 28 with 855 viewsPinewoodblue

The simple solution is to ban the sale of alcohol after 10pm. Doubt if any MP, from any party, will call for it to happen.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:33 - Sep 28 with 835 viewseireblue

Why on earth across the parliamentary estate are there about 30 bars.

I think that is what you wanted say.
Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:34 - Sep 28 with 826 viewsSwansea_Blue

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:24 - Sep 28 by Pinewoodblue

The simple solution is to ban the sale of alcohol after 10pm. Doubt if any MP, from any party, will call for it to happen.

They have (for us). At least they have in Wales.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My office has got a bar in it. (n/t) on 10:35 - Sep 28 with 823 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

My office has got a bar in it. (n/t) on 10:37 - Sep 28 with 813 viewsGeoffSentence

My office has got a bar in it. (n/t) on 10:35 - Sep 28 by Bloots

is it open after 10pm and are you making critical decisions that affect the lives of everyone in the country?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:39 - Sep 28 with 805 viewsSteve_M

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:33 - Sep 28 by eireblue

Why on earth across the parliamentary estate are there about 30 bars.

I think that is what you wanted say.

Why not? Bars and restaurants are fine, MPS work unsociable hours and spend a lot of time at Westminster.

The existence of such facilities isn't a problem, the behaviour of some MPs when drunk clearly is and the apparent exemption from last week's 10pm rule is too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

1. No, 2. Yes.... on 10:39 - Sep 28 with 802 viewsBloots

My office has got a bar in it. (n/t) on 10:37 - Sep 28 by GeoffSentence

is it open after 10pm and are you making critical decisions that affect the lives of everyone in the country?

....I'm very, very important.

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:39 - Sep 28 with 805 viewsPinewoodblue

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:24 - Sep 28 by factual_blue

Five Ways Tower in Birmingham was a government building that had a bar in.

Back in the 80’s, when I was working for a motoring organization, they had a bar in regional HQ that was open lunchtimes and for a couple of hours after work.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:41 - Sep 28 with 794 viewsgiant_stow

I get what you mean, but if they're gonna work late, a little bit of booze can pep things up and keep things moving / energised. just a bit mind.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:19 - Sep 28 with 719 viewsRadlett_blue

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:39 - Sep 28 by Steve_M

Why not? Bars and restaurants are fine, MPS work unsociable hours and spend a lot of time at Westminster.

The existence of such facilities isn't a problem, the behaviour of some MPs when drunk clearly is and the apparent exemption from last week's 10pm rule is too.

And also the fact that the Westminster bars and restaurants seem to be heavily subsidised. Like MP's pensions etc, one rule for them & another for the rest of us.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:25 - Sep 28 with 707 viewseireblue

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 10:39 - Sep 28 by Steve_M

Lots of people work unsociable hours, and don’t have access to tax-payer subsidised bars.

Sure, I see if you are entertaining or hosting groups, or you want a place to un-wind away from the public eye, maybe a few areas seems reasonable.

But 30?
Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:30 - Sep 28 with 684 viewsnoggin

Bloody lefty, snowflake cancel culture. The House has today had to announce that bars will no longer stay open after 10pm. Interfering plebs.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:52 - Sep 28 with 614 viewsSwansea_Blue

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:30 - Sep 28 by noggin

Bloody lefty, snowflake cancel culture. The House has today had to announce that bars will no longer stay open after 10pm. Interfering plebs.

I've heard Barnard Castle are doing takeouts though
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 11:52]

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:53 - Sep 28 with 610 viewshype313

U turn on that now, quelle surprise.

Bloody plebs finding this stuff out has ruined it for us all.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:57 - Sep 28 with 586 viewsSwansea_Blue

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:25 - Sep 28 by eireblue

Lots of people work unsociable hours, and don’t have access to tax-payer subsidised bars.

Sure, I see if you are entertaining or hosting groups, or you want a place to un-wind away from the public eye, maybe a few areas seems reasonable.

But 30?

Having partaken of hospitality in some of the said establishments, you'd give some MPs a heart attack if you suggested taking away their treats. Which is rather ironic given some are drinking and eating themselves into early graves anyway.

I'd ban them on the grounds that nobody should be made to sit under a portrait of Maggie listening to some insufferable bore banging on about the particular vintage of the 3rd bottle of stupidly priced wine the waiter has just brought over. Horrendous places.

So does that mean that all "workplace canteens" will..... on 11:58 - Sep 28 with 580 viewsBloots

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 11:53 - Sep 28 by hype313

U turn on that now, quelle surprise.

Bloody plebs finding this stuff out has ruined it for us all.

....now have to shut at 10pm?

Not ideal for those that work unsociable hours/shifts.

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 12:08 - Sep 28 with 555 viewsuefacup81

Guess what time the House of Commons bars currently shut on 09:51 - Sep 28 by Keno

You may do doing then a disservice there

I’m sure more than half of them are more than half cut most of the time!!

I wonder if this is where Mark Francois has been hiding, haven’t her from him for ages now

Hasn't MF been pretty much absent ever since those sexual misconduct allegations regarding an unnamed Tory MP in his mid-50s surfaced?

Purely coincidental, I'm sure.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024