Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hawkins 11:39 - Sep 28 with 1675 viewshomer_123

Was it just me or did anyone else think his play, style etc. resembled Mich D'Avry?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hawkins on 11:41 - Sep 28 with 1643 viewshype313

I can see the similarities to be fair.

I know it was a few years ago, but he's aged incredibly well.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hawkins on 12:02 - Sep 28 with 1525 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

#niche

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hawkins on 12:44 - Sep 28 with 1405 viewsfarkenhell

The problem for me with Mich, Mich, Mich d'Avray was that he couldn't reach the heights of Muhren and Thijssen. Very unfair, I know.

...and finding out many years later that we had passed up the chance of signing a youthful Ruud Gullet because Mich took up one of our two "foreigner" places!
Hawkins on 12:45 - Sep 28 with 1403 viewsBent_double

Hawkins on 11:41 - Sep 28 by hype313

I can see the similarities to be fair.

I know it was a few years ago, but he's aged incredibly well.

My memory is terrible at the best of times, but I'm convinced that Mich scored the first goal I ever saw 'live' at Portman Road, in a 1-0 win over Brighton, around 1983 or 1984, but I've looked up all the matches from those seasons and can't find when it actually was!

I've probably still got the programme somewhere, I'll have to dig it out one day.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hawkins on 12:49 - Sep 28 with 1370 viewsNthQldITFC

Hawkins on 12:44 - Sep 28 by farkenhell

The problem for me with Mich, Mich, Mich d'Avray was that he couldn't reach the heights of Muhren and Thijssen. Very unfair, I know.

...and finding out many years later that we had passed up the chance of signing a youthful Ruud Gullet because Mich took up one of our two "foreigner" places!

Uppie for correct use of his full name which is, as you say, 'Mich Mich Mich d'Avray'.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 13:02]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hawkins on 12:52 - Sep 28 with 1345 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Mich was highly rated when he was young, he also did pretty well in his early years in the first team.

During his later years with Town he became a bit of a lumberer but up until 1985 I liked him. My favourite memory is a fantastic diving header to beat Liverpool 1-0 at PR circa 1983. It's on Youtube somewhere - as is this:

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Hawkins on 13:26 - Sep 28 with 1225 viewsfarkenhell

Hawkins on 12:52 - Sep 28 by The_Last_Baron

Mich was highly rated when he was young, he also did pretty well in his early years in the first team.

During his later years with Town he became a bit of a lumberer but up until 1985 I liked him. My favourite memory is a fantastic diving header to beat Liverpool 1-0 at PR circa 1983. It's on Youtube somewhere - as is this:

He was a player who you always thought could and, perhaps, should do better. Alongside the occasional brilliance (he was very good in the air), he would often be in the defenders' pockets for large chunks of a game
Hawkins on 15:33 - Sep 28 with 1001 viewslongtimefan

To be fair he was quite tall, so could actually reach heights that the Dutch masters couldn’t
Login to get fewer ads

Hawkins on 15:42 - Sep 28 with 964 viewsclive_baker

Well before my time.

More recent reference, I thought he had a bit of Kieffer Moore about him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hawkins on 15:45 - Sep 28 with 957 viewsCoco

I kept thinking Steve Claridge but that was probably the socks.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Hawkins on 16:06 - Sep 28 with 892 viewsWickets

Hawkins on 15:42 - Sep 28 by clive_baker

Well before my time.

More recent reference, I thought he had a bit of Kieffer Moore about him.

As Marcus Stewart said in commentary recently .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024