Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone with a Skybet account 22:28 - Sep 28 with 2404 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The NFL boost tonight at 2/1 is a cracking bet imo. Mahomes & Jackson to throw 2+ touchdowns each. It’s a maximum £25 stake but as long as you can access multiple accounts, it can be quite worthwhile I feel here.

I’d make it around 4/5 so to get 2/1 is an excellent price. Good luck if anyone plays.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone with a Skybet account on 22:45 - Sep 28 with 1689 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed. Sent that to a mate but i'm banned from Sky so can't get on it.

Plenty of good runners but this should be a shootout so i'd be surprised if this didn't come in.

I've had some bad luck on NFL recently. Aaron Jones 70+ rushing yards. He got 69. Brady 300 passing yards and 3 TDs. He got 297 and 3 TDs. Rodgers 300 passing yards and 3 TDs. He got 284 and 3 TDs.

Thankfully i'm in decent form at the moment overall.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:00 - Sep 28 with 1656 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Seems a pretty good bet but I wouldn’t go too nuts. Lamar only threw one last week against Texans and the Chiefs haven’t really been firing yet. I wouldn’t be hugely shocked to see the Ravens shut them down - although admittedly in that scenario there’s still a decent chance of Mahomes getting them in garbage time

Thinking I may stay up though in which case hopefully I’m wrong and it’s Chiefs/Rams 2018 all over again!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:00 - Sep 28 with 1658 viewsJ2BLUE

Betfred doing both teams to get 3+ TDs @ 2.38 which looks a decent bet to keep the running game onside.

Truly impaired.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:07 - Sep 28 with 1637 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:00 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

Betfred doing both teams to get 3+ TDs @ 2.38 which looks a decent bet to keep the running game onside.

Having recently left my job, my 'unemployment resolution' was to get into NFL, as it's pretty much the only sport I've never enjoyed.

Have chosen Seahawks as a random team to 'support' and watched lots of it the last few weeks, I am ashamed to say that I'm a convert.

And now in love with Russell Wilson.
Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:12 - Sep 28 with 1620 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:07 - Sep 28 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Having recently left my job, my 'unemployment resolution' was to get into NFL, as it's pretty much the only sport I've never enjoyed.

Have chosen Seahawks as a random team to 'support' and watched lots of it the last few weeks, I am ashamed to say that I'm a convert.

Now you're screwed as it's on at 1am three times a week.

Truly impaired.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:17 - Sep 28 with 1613 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:12 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

Now you're screwed as it's on at 1am three times a week.

Luckily I have nothing to get up for at the moment!
Still quite a bit of the game I don't quite get but am surprised at how invested I have been - especially last night v Cowboys
Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:30 - Sep 29 with 1566 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone with a Skybet account on 22:45 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

Agreed. Sent that to a mate but i'm banned from Sky so can't get on it.

Plenty of good runners but this should be a shootout so i'd be surprised if this didn't come in.

I've had some bad luck on NFL recently. Aaron Jones 70+ rushing yards. He got 69. Brady 300 passing yards and 3 TDs. He got 297 and 3 TDs. Rodgers 300 passing yards and 3 TDs. He got 284 and 3 TDs.

Thankfully i'm in decent form at the moment overall.

Thankfully I’ve got pals at uni who let me open an account in their name for situations like this. At £25 maximum, more than one account would always be needed for a decent chunk on anyway.

That’s tough that bud. I was mightily unlucky yesterday. Had three medium plays, two of which one. The loser, and it would’ve also landed the treble, was over 46.5 in the Eagles/Bengals game. It finished 23-23 including a blank in overtime. Eagles spectacularly managed to false start to take themselves out of field goal range with 11 seconds to go. Incredible. Couldn’t believe how bad my luck was there. Although I got lucky on the cricket today with the game finishing in a tie (means Betfair Exchange void all bets) after I’d laid off my team in a losing position. So I ended up getting out level despite cutting my losses at halfway. Very fortunate.

Any good antesposts about? Have got 19/4 about the Bills to win their division about 5 minutes after the Brady news dropped knowing patriots were about to drift. With the Bills now 3-0, I’m very hopefully that’ll land. Was also tipped by a mate of mine (he’s very big on NFL punting) the Eagles under 9.5 wins back on the evening of the draft so I’d hope that’ll land. The latter is doubled up with a fair few Cheltenham horses for next year so I’d hope they’ll go in. They frankly look awful so Dar.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:32 - Sep 29 with 1560 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:00 - Sep 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Seems a pretty good bet but I wouldn’t go too nuts. Lamar only threw one last week against Texans and the Chiefs haven’t really been firing yet. I wouldn’t be hugely shocked to see the Ravens shut them down - although admittedly in that scenario there’s still a decent chance of Mahomes getting them in garbage time

Thinking I may stay up though in which case hopefully I’m wrong and it’s Chiefs/Rams 2018 all over again!

Of course it’s never a certainty. But that being said, it’s just never a 2/1 shot in a million years. I thought the Evens was quite fair let alone the boost to 2s.

Just thought I’d let people on here know for those of us who are formal fans of thy punt.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:34 - Sep 29 with 1561 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone with a Skybet account on 23:07 - Sep 28 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Big fan of his myself.

Any reason for the Seahawks? A few years ago I finally decided to cheer on a team and plumped for the Falcons for no reason whatsoever. Although in recent years I grew to like the Chiefs as for about a year there was generally good value on their spread totals each way.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:50 - Sep 29 with 1550 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:34 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Big fan of his myself.

Any reason for the Seahawks? A few years ago I finally decided to cheer on a team and plumped for the Falcons for no reason whatsoever. Although in recent years I grew to like the Chiefs as for about a year there was generally good value on their spread totals each way.

I'd like to claim more noble reasons but truthfully... I like their kit and the first game I watched they beat the Falcons.

I need to follow a team to care about a sport and fingers crossed I've chosen better than randomly following Collingwood when living in Australia - the most hated team ever
Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:52 - Sep 29 with 1547 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:50 - Sep 29 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I'd like to claim more noble reasons but truthfully... I like their kit and the first game I watched they beat the Falcons.

I need to follow a team to care about a sport and fingers crossed I've chosen better than randomly following Collingwood when living in Australia - the most hated team ever

That’s as good a reason as any bud.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:59 - Sep 29 with 1544 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:52 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s as good a reason as any bud.

I think so!

Mahomes Jackson will be good tonight. Who do you fancy?
Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:30 - Sep 29 with 1521 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:59 - Sep 29 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I think so!

I can't pick between them. Love seeing Mahomes bomb it downfield but also love watching Jackson run.

Gun to my head i'd say Ravens slightly too much for Chiefs.

Truly impaired.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:31 - Sep 29 with 1521 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:59 - Sep 29 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I think so!

I can see it being something like 40-35 either way.

I’ll plump for the Chiefs narrowly in an end to end epic with 8 touchdowns

Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:35 - Sep 29 with 1514 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:31 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

I can see it being something like 40-35 either way.

I’ll plump for the Chiefs narrowly in an end to end epic with 8 touchdowns

I'm on Hill 100+ receiving yards and a TD amongst quite a few other bets. Only a tenner split up for fun. 9 bets which all return £5. Confident at least two will come in but with that sort of stake is none win then it's not an issue.

Truly impaired.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:41 - Sep 29 with 1510 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

So this is one thing I'm ignorant about: does mahomes running in the TD count as one of the two for your bet Rommy or does it have to be thrown TDs?
Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:56 - Sep 29 with 1499 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:41 - Sep 29 by DropCliffsNotBombs

So this is one thing I'm ignorant about: does mahomes running in the TD count as one of the two for your bet Rommy or does it have to be thrown TDs?

Has to be thrown.

Truly impaired.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 02:01 - Sep 29 with 1491 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone with a Skybet account on 01:41 - Sep 29 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Has to be thrown.

At 13-10 after 18 minutes, I’m pretty sure my over 54.5 bets in. For me it’s now all about getting the 2+ throwing touchdowns in for the lot.

One other thing to note whilst I remember.. I really really really don’t like that the PAT is now further back. I know the kick was almost a certainty before so this adds a bit more drama but it’s a bit of an unnecessary change if you ask me. Lots of PATs missed like in this game already.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 02:36 - Sep 29 with 1473 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mahomes putting in an absolutely stunning first half with three throwing TDs as well as one of his own. Stunning.

27-10 int he first half with the Ravens doing nothing other than a kick return touchdown

Anyone with a Skybet account on 02:40 - Sep 29 with 1467 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone with a Skybet account on 02:36 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Mahomes putting in an absolutely stunning first half with three throwing TDs as well as one of his own. Stunning.

27-10 int he first half with the Ravens doing nothing other than a kick return touchdown

Kansas get the ball after HT. If they get a TD here I might go to bed.

Truly impaired.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 02:48 - Sep 29 with 1456 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone with a Skybet account on 02:40 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

Kansas get the ball after HT. If they get a TD here I might go to bed.

No TD but i'm an old man now so will record the second half.

GL with your bets.

Truly impaired.

Anyone with a Skybet account on 04:18 - Sep 29 with 1417 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:32 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Of course it’s never a certainty. But that being said, it’s just never a 2/1 shot in a million years. I thought the Evens was quite fair let alone the boost to 2s.

Just thought I’d let people on here know for those of us who are formal fans of thy punt.

2nd part of my post couldn’t have been more wrong but the first was spot on. Was worth noting Jackson threw less than 2 TD’s in 6 games last year too - basically against the best 6 teams they played (inc. KC). Looks like the bookies knew what they were doing. Hope you didn’t do too many accounts

Good game though - Mahomes is ridiculous
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 4:19]

Anyone with a Skybet account on 04:21 - Sep 29 with 1407 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone with a Skybet account on 04:18 - Sep 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

2nd part of my post couldn’t have been more wrong but the first was spot on. Was worth noting Jackson threw less than 2 TD’s in 6 games last year too - basically against the best 6 teams they played (inc. KC). Looks like the bookies knew what they were doing. Hope you didn’t do too many accounts

Good game though - Mahomes is ridiculous
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 4:19]

Aye but it was still a decent bet at 2s. It’s lost by a touchdown and Jackson’s probably played the worst he ever has in the NFL.

But that’s gambling. We move on. No drama

Anyone with a Skybet account on 04:23 - Sep 29 with 1402 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone with a Skybet account on 00:50 - Sep 29 by DropCliffsNotBombs

If you get really into it the Clink is well worth a visit when things get back to normal. Was lucky enough to be at the Seahawks-Saints MNF game the year they won the SB when they set a record for crowd noise (beaten by the Chiefs a few weeks later and then reclaimed by Seattle). Unbelievable atmosphere

Decent place to go generally too

Anyone with a Skybet account on 04:26 - Sep 29 with 1396 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone with a Skybet account on 04:21 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Aye but it was still a decent bet at 2s. It’s lost by a touchdown and Jackson’s probably played the worst he ever has in the NFL.

But that’s gambling. We move on. No drama

How much did you put on in the end?

I too thought it was a decent bet but just had a further look at stats and that’s 15 of 26 NFL regular season starts where Jackson has thrown less than 2 TD’s. That’s how they get you kids...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024