Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off 23:24 - Sep 28 with 1506 viewsEdmundo

Got to be good news. Although students are not all in halls (aka detention centres) yet.
Hospitals, how are they faring?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 1306 viewsBlueBadger

When I was there last week, it was a busy as f*ck at [redacted]. Mainly ongoing post-lockdown fallout at the moment, but I put one 'strong suspicion' into ITU and had my eye on another one before going off on annual leave for two weeks.

At the moment, just a normal 'winter surge' is likely to be catastrophic before we even start factoring in likely rising numbers of covid cases - any kind of winter respiratory illness is going to need isolating or, at worst placing in 'cohort' bays until covid is either confirmed or ruled out. And with test capacity as it is, that's going to be challenging, to say the least.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:03 - Sep 29 with 1296 viewsHerbivore

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:01 - Sep 29 by BlueBadger

When I was there last week, it was a busy as f*ck at [redacted]. Mainly ongoing post-lockdown fallout at the moment, but I put one 'strong suspicion' into ITU and had my eye on another one before going off on annual leave for two weeks.

At the moment, just a normal 'winter surge' is likely to be catastrophic before we even start factoring in likely rising numbers of covid cases - any kind of winter respiratory illness is going to need isolating or, at worst placing in 'cohort' bays until covid is either confirmed or ruled out. And with test capacity as it is, that's going to be challenging, to say the least.

Hope you've managed to save up 3 months of annual leave. I fear the winter is going to be horrific. It's pretty scandalous that the government apparently spent almost none of the time we were in lockdown to come up with a coherent strategy to get us through the next phase of the pandemic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:05 - Sep 29 with 1287 viewsCoco

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:03 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Hope you've managed to save up 3 months of annual leave. I fear the winter is going to be horrific. It's pretty scandalous that the government apparently spent almost none of the time we were in lockdown to come up with a coherent strategy to get us through the next phase of the pandemic.

This government is criminally inept. They MUST be held accountable and have their day in court.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:16 - Sep 29 with 1259 viewsBlueBadger

Mate, I am already having anxiety nightmares about winter. I am genuinely afraid that we are going to see a catastrophic winter. There *are* going to be wholly avoidable deaths.
Which the government will probably lever to say 'well, state funded healthcare clearly doesn't work, we should go full-on private'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:17 - Sep 29 with 1248 viewsHerbivore

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:16 - Sep 29 by BlueBadger

Mate, I am already having anxiety nightmares about winter. I am genuinely afraid that we are going to see a catastrophic winter. There *are* going to be wholly avoidable deaths.
Which the government will probably lever to say 'well, state funded healthcare clearly doesn't work, we should go full-on private'.

At what point do we kick off a revolution? It's got to be fairly soon. We've got over 4 years until a GE and I'm not sure the country can survive that long.

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:20 - Sep 29 with 1238 viewsBlueBadger

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:17 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

At what point do we kick off a revolution? It's got to be fairly soon. We've got over 4 years until a GE and I'm not sure the country can survive that long.

I suspect that economic clusterf*ck in the wake of no-deal will finally open a few eyes. At that point they'll also be fighting amongst themselves and throwing Boris to the wolves.

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:24 - Sep 29 with 1229 viewsHerbivore

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:20 - Sep 29 by BlueBadger

I suspect that economic clusterf*ck in the wake of no-deal will finally open a few eyes. At that point they'll also be fighting amongst themselves and throwing Boris to the wolves.

Although I suspect they will successfully blame the EU for that particular mess and not one of the Brexiteers has the self-awareness or decency to take ownership of the mess.

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 1211 viewsBlueBadger

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 10:24 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

Although I suspect they will successfully blame the EU for that particular mess and not one of the Brexiteers has the self-awareness or decency to take ownership of the mess.

Depressingly, I fear that is exactly how they'll spin it.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 11:14 - Sep 29 with 1133 viewsEdmundo

It's really about decades of underfunding the NHS. We can barely cope with a regular winter (96% full at our local hospital last winter). It's almost as if the government are trying to distract us from the real reason they panic when hospitalisations go up...

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 11:16 - Sep 29 with 1119 viewsHerbivore

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 11:14 - Sep 29 by Edmundo

It's really about decades of underfunding the NHS. We can barely cope with a regular winter (96% full at our local hospital last winter). It's almost as if the government are trying to distract us from the real reason they panic when hospitalisations go up...

That is a salient point my good man.

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 12:04 - Sep 29 with 1055 viewsitfcpaul

I am amazed that they seem to have nothing in place when we KNOW that the winter period will be catastrophic again, probably worse than March/April/May was just due to the influenza outbreak as well, they just seem to be bumbling along fire fighting and promising the world, World Beating Test and Trace is the main lie, but have you noticed the massive drop in positive cases this weekend was probably brought about by there being a drop of 110k tests carried out in a 2 day period compared to the normal test figures, yet this has never been mentioned, no wonder its dropped.

They were all very loud about tests increasing when the positive cases was going up but not mentioned it at all this time, remember that a great percentage of people who need tests can't even get them either at the moment so nothing can be added to the numbers, check out the Zoe Covid Tracker APP its much more accurate.

ONS still show Covid deaths are at 60k plus whereas the Govt show it as just over 40K, I know who I believe....

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 16:51 - Sep 29 with 933 viewslongtimefan

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 12:04 - Sep 29 by itfcpaul

I am amazed that they seem to have nothing in place when we KNOW that the winter period will be catastrophic again, probably worse than March/April/May was just due to the influenza outbreak as well, they just seem to be bumbling along fire fighting and promising the world, World Beating Test and Trace is the main lie, but have you noticed the massive drop in positive cases this weekend was probably brought about by there being a drop of 110k tests carried out in a 2 day period compared to the normal test figures, yet this has never been mentioned, no wonder its dropped.

They were all very loud about tests increasing when the positive cases was going up but not mentioned it at all this time, remember that a great percentage of people who need tests can't even get them either at the moment so nothing can be added to the numbers, check out the Zoe Covid Tracker APP its much more accurate.

ONS still show Covid deaths are at 60k plus whereas the Govt show it as just over 40K, I know who I believe....

To be factual about it the ONS only reports the deaths in England And Wales and as of this morning’s update, the figure for deaths where Covid was mentioned on the death certificate is 52631, compared to an excess deaths figure of 53633
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 16:52]
Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 18:28 - Sep 29 with 853 viewsMullet

I know you didn;t ask but anecdotally schools are doing badly up here.

There are some right horror stories on the teaching groups, luckily we've been pretty good as a group when it comes to H and S, but people are still learning.

We've had a few dozen kids forced to isolate and positive tests are going up. (We've also had several kids unable to get tested which obscures things). Staff have started going down with it too which is a big worry.

If my place is faring well as it seems to be, then god knows how bad it is elsewhere or might well get. The usual winter bugs and viruses going around are even more rampant earlier it seems. That isn't helping either.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 15:01 - Sep 30 with 675 viewsEdmundo

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 18:28 - Sep 29 by Mullet

There are some right horror stories on the teaching groups, luckily we've been pretty good as a group when it comes to H and S, but people are still learning.

We've had a few dozen kids forced to isolate and positive tests are going up. (We've also had several kids unable to get tested which obscures things). Staff have started going down with it too which is a big worry.

If my place is faring well as it seems to be, then god knows how bad it is elsewhere or might well get. The usual winter bugs and viruses going around are even more rampant earlier it seems. That isn't helping either.

Probably more rampant because kids haven't mixed like this for 6 months rather than 6 weeks.
Our local schools are getting to grips with it: 15 off first week in my boy's Junior School, now just 1.
Keep the faith, but don't trust Handjob, Witless and Imbalance. :-)

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 16:05 - Sep 30 with 637 viewsSwansea_Blue

Covid Zoe research lead says cases leveling off on 18:28 - Sep 29 by Mullet

Schools aren't too good here either. Over half the school out in a few cases. Our Uni's holding up so far, only cases in the 20s and they are all linked to twots in sports clubs going on piss ups, plus a handful of staff (not all who caught it in the uni).

We've got nearly 75% of Wales in local lockdowns now. Although lockdown is stretching it. Everything is open, we just can't cross the county boundary except for schools or work schools (proof from employer needed). We've lost the bubble system though, so no mixing with another household any more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024