Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow long term 13:16 - Sep 29 with 3882 viewsRobTheMonk

Obviously not a substitute for the matchday experience, but an adequate alternative for people like myself who can't get to many games.

If game streaming carried on being available I know I'd personally watch the vast majority of games and would probably spend more money that I do going to games.

Do we think that there would be a dip in attendances if iFollow was a more permanent thing or would the allure of the matchday negate that?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 13:30]
iFollow long term on 13:42 - Sep 29 with 2020 viewsEdwardStone

Exactly my feelings

I live bloody miles from Portman Rd, I used to get to a few away games and I would love to be able to watch my team every Saturday

This latest iFollow is wonderful....huge improvement on Brenner on the radio

I would still go to the usual number of away games and my annual pilgrimage to Portman Road
iFollow long term on 13:47 - Sep 29 with 2010 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Isn't it the case usually that you can't listen to BBC Radio Suffolk commentary if you live outside the region. That seems daft.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 13:47]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

iFollow long term on 13:51 - Sep 29 with 1990 viewsMetal_Hacker

Am I wrong in thinking that iFollow isn't born out of Covid but it was available before anyway ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

iFollow long term on 14:00 - Sep 29 with 1960 viewsRobTheMonk

iFollow long term on 13:51 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

Am I wrong in thinking that iFollow isn't born out of Covid but it was available before anyway ?

Overseas viewers can watch all games I believe. UK viewers could only watch the non-Saturday 3pm kick-offs.
iFollow long term on 14:03 - Sep 29 with 1949 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 14:00 - Sep 29 by RobTheMonk

Overseas viewers can watch all games I believe. UK viewers could only watch the non-Saturday 3pm kick-offs.

With that in mind then I'd suggest making the service better (sack the camera-man) and I'd gladly pay for a lot it not ALL the games so long as MY club made a decent proportion of the sales

iFollow long term on 14:16 - Sep 29 with 1926 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'd love to know what the attendance figures are for the ifollow games so far this season. - Phil? One to ask?

I really don't see why this couldn't continue long term in L1 and 2 at the very least.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

iFollow long term on 14:16 - Sep 29 with 1927 viewsEdwardStone

iFollow long term on 13:47 - Sep 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Isn't it the case usually that you can't listen to BBC Radio Suffolk commentary if you live outside the region. That seems daft.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 13:47]

You can't listen to the match on R Suffolk. you can listen to the pre and post match bits, but to listen to the game you have to buy an iFollow audio subscription....only a few quid per month

The video feed is a much better product, a couple of mates round....a few beers

All football clubs seemed gloriously wedded to the notion that their fans live within a short distance of the ground....maybe used to be true 50 years ago, but ain't true now.
iFollow long term on 14:20 - Sep 29 with 1915 viewsSarge

Not for me. I live 120 miles away and I’ll be straight back at PR ASAP. It’s not a replacement and I want to be in the ground. Useful for away games though. I don’t tend to go to them but would probably pay £10 to watch most of them.
Login to get fewer ads

iFollow long term on 14:23 - Sep 29 with 1902 viewsMetal_Hacker

For those who would subscribe to the idea and you could sign up for home games , away games and or / both , what do you think would be a reasonable figure (£'s) ?

Might be pitching it a little low considering each game is £10 now as it stands but a home "season ticket" surely would be £150 would be a great deal ?

Throw in the option of a reduced rate for chosen away games , cup games etc

Great little revenue earner for L1 and L2 as well right ?

iFollow long term on 14:25 - Sep 29 with 1897 viewshoppy

iFollow long term on 14:16 - Sep 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'd love to know what the attendance figures are for the ifollow games so far this season. - Phil? One to ask?

I really don't see why this couldn't continue long term in L1 and 2 at the very least.

I guess because a lot of League 1 and League 2 clubs are reliant on the additional match day spend from fans to be able to survive, rather than what they would get from iFollow long term, so to make it available when fans are allowed back in grounds would presumably be cutting their noses off?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

iFollow long term on 14:29 - Sep 29 with 1876 viewsRobTheMonk

iFollow long term on 14:25 - Sep 29 by hoppy

I guess because a lot of League 1 and League 2 clubs are reliant on the additional match day spend from fans to be able to survive, rather than what they would get from iFollow long term, so to make it available when fans are allowed back in grounds would presumably be cutting their noses off?

I don't think there's an easy answer without viewing/attendance figures.

Edit - There's probably some kind of data you could get from midweek games from previous seasons.

I don't know what other countries do?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 14:30]
iFollow long term on 14:32 - Sep 29 with 1862 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

iFollow long term on 14:20 - Sep 29 by Sarge

Not for me. I live 120 miles away and I’ll be straight back at PR ASAP. It’s not a replacement and I want to be in the ground. Useful for away games though. I don’t tend to go to them but would probably pay £10 to watch most of them.

Me to, Especially as Ipswich get a nice amount from the revenue on away games as you sign in as an Ipswich fan.
Where as normally the hone team gets all of the sales.
iFollow long term on 14:39 - Sep 29 with 1853 viewsParisBlue

It would make sense to keep allowing season ticket holders to have ifollow access for the games they can't make. If you're local you'd still go to the game. Long distance fans get better value.

Theoretically if the season ticket has been used the code should become invalid to avoid abuse.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

iFollow long term on 14:45 - Sep 29 with 1847 viewsHullblue

Overseas supporters can watch every game - I take it you're based in the UK though. If only there were a Very Practical way to Navigate this problem.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

iFollow long term on 14:51 - Sep 29 with 1837 viewsRobTheMonk

iFollow long term on 14:45 - Sep 29 by Hullblue

Overseas supporters can watch every game - I take it you're based in the UK though. If only there were a Very Practical way to Navigate this problem.

Haha, reading between the lines, yes there are. But it would be nice to not have to run into this issue.
iFollow long term on 15:01 - Sep 29 with 1813 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

iFollow long term on 14:16 - Sep 29 by EdwardStone

You can't listen to the match on R Suffolk. you can listen to the pre and post match bits, but to listen to the game you have to buy an iFollow audio subscription....only a few quid per month

The video feed is a much better product, a couple of mates round....a few beers

All football clubs seemed gloriously wedded to the notion that their fans live within a short distance of the ground....maybe used to be true 50 years ago, but ain't true now.

I've always thought it's absurd that you couldn't listen to the match commentary on the radio though if you're out of the area.

Agreed re Ifollow, it should continue as is.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

iFollow long term on 15:05 - Sep 29 with 1801 viewsWickets

Of course the small up side of all this is we can now watch ifollow for away games live now .
iFollow long term on 15:37 - Sep 29 with 1744 viewsDebsyAngel

I would definitely be happy to see this entire season on IFollow - there are a few blips here and there, but mostly been pleased with the stream. It's safer for me as I am not setting foot back in Portman Road until a vaccine comes along.
iFollow long term on 15:47 - Sep 29 with 1727 viewsWallingford_Boy

Get IPTV, £50 a year and can watch all Town games on it.

Plus Sky Sports, BT Sports, etc.

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 15:50 - Sep 29 with 1718 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 15:47 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Not really in the spirit of the game and definitely not helping an "industry" already on it's knees ...but I see your point ...I think

iFollow long term on 15:53 - Sep 29 with 1712 viewsSwansea_Blue

It depends whether they buy the cameraman a tripod! I'd not chose iFollow over a live game but would certainly buy streams for those matches I can't get to.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

iFollow long term on 15:53 - Sep 29 with 1710 viewsHullblue

iFollow long term on 14:51 - Sep 29 by RobTheMonk

Haha, reading between the lines, yes there are. But it would be nice to not have to run into this issue.

Agreed!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

iFollow long term on 16:09 - Sep 29 with 1672 viewsWallingford_Boy

iFollow long term on 15:50 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

Not really in the spirit of the game and definitely not helping an "industry" already on it's knees ...but I see your point ...I think

Its not just football clubs struggling financially!

RIP Sir Bobby

iFollow long term on 16:13 - Sep 29 with 1657 viewsMetal_Hacker

iFollow long term on 16:09 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Its not just football clubs struggling financially!

Sod it then hey !

iFollow long term on 16:17 - Sep 29 with 1643 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

iFollow long term on 15:47 - Sep 29 by Wallingford_Boy

What is IPTV? Is it legal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024