Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The world according to Gooch 13:38 - Sep 29 with 828 viewsSharkey

This headline, you're going to half like it.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/essex/essex_graham_gooch_chelmsford_simon_ha
The world according to Gooch on 16:26 - Sep 29 with 697 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's probably right isn't he, at least in terms of position in our respective sports. Luckily the two sports play at different times of the year in the main, so it doesn't have to be a competition. I'm more a Warwickshire supporter anyway as my dad was a huge fan.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The world according to Gooch on 16:32 - Sep 29 with 690 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ah, Derek Bowden is Essex CCC CEO - that explains the reference to ITFC!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The world according to Gooch on 16:40 - Sep 29 with 684 viewshype313

The journalist is a local guy, used to write for the star I believe, very well known in and around the Woodbridge Cricket scene.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The world according to Gooch on 16:47 - Sep 29 with 682 viewsIpswichKnight

I'm pretty sure Essex have looked at hiring the London Stadium for a T20 before only to be told by the London Stadium that they don't have the fan base to make it worth while converting it for a cricket match. I'd argue make it a Friday night game against either Surrey or Kent and I think you could sell it out, the corporate boxes would go in a flash being so close to the city they would be lapped up by the big firms.

I'd be up for it being based in North West Surrey and I bet a lot of other Essex fans around the South East would go as well. Essex have constantly said they can sell out the County game 3 times over for T20 games.
The world according to Gooch on 17:37 - Sep 29 with 629 viewsbournemouthblue

The world according to Gooch on 16:47 - Sep 29 by IpswichKnight

I'm pretty sure Essex have looked at hiring the London Stadium for a T20 before only to be told by the London Stadium that they don't have the fan base to make it worth while converting it for a cricket match. I'd argue make it a Friday night game against either Surrey or Kent and I think you could sell it out, the corporate boxes would go in a flash being so close to the city they would be lapped up by the big firms.

I'd be up for it being based in North West Surrey and I bet a lot of other Essex fans around the South East would go as well. Essex have constantly said they can sell out the County game 3 times over for T20 games.

I believe the problem with the London Stadium is that converting the seat area is costly and hard work

Why they don't have movable seating is anyone's guess

They talked about having a 2 week Cricket festival in the summer which could be shared by the London clubs

The ECB were interested in it for the World Cup also for potentially India Pakistan, England Australia and the Final potentially but it clearly didn't happen

It would be interesting to see how a drop in pitch performs in England
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 17:51]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The world according to Gooch on 18:38 - Sep 29 with 585 viewshampstead_blue

He's right. He's a complete legend.

The End.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The world according to Gooch on 23:51 - Sep 29 with 490 viewsSharkey

I thought it was funny that he didn't even consider that Norwich fans might also question his assessment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024