Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? 19:27 - Sep 29 with 20695 viewshampstead_blue

It seems the Gov can be slammed 24/7
People can be vile toward Tory MP's.

Who else? Norwich are fair game. That's a given.

However, when I dared to criticize a muslim the post was removed and a few people showed a dislike.

Why?

I guess I stepped on a 'woke' landmine.
It's sad when you can't offer-up genuine and polite criticism of a religion. Especially after that religion had screamed and screamed at a cricket club for celebrating a victory.

So, Essex CCC are allowed to be slammed by a person of religion but said person isn't allowed to be criticized?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:28 - Sep 29 with 2903 viewsdickie

You're spoiling for a ban aren't you?
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:30 - Sep 29 with 2895 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

This is going to get nasty.
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:32 - Sep 29 with 2880 viewshampstead_blue

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:28 - Sep 29 by dickie

You're spoiling for a ban aren't you?

I really don't understand why one cannot make a fair criticism?

What is wrong with that? The chap was explosive about Essex CCC. Can nobody turn it back on him?

Do you get banned for politely criticizing certain communities? Is that it?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:33 - Sep 29 with 2874 viewsdickie

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:32 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

What is wrong with that? The chap was explosive about Essex CCC. Can nobody turn it back on him?

You weren't polite in your previous post, in the slightest
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:36 - Sep 29 with 2867 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:32 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

You didn't make any fair criticism.

You made a stupid post knowing full well it was out of order.

Again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:38 - Sep 29 with 2855 viewsMattinLondon

If truth be told you can criticise anyone and everyone as long as you’re not overly abusive about it.

It sounds like you’re trying to play the victim which isn’t a good look.
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 with 2840 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:38 - Sep 29 by MattinLondon

If truth be told you can criticise anyone and everyone as long as you’re not overly abusive about it.

It sounds like you’re trying to play the victim which isn’t a good look.

It had a clear racist angle, and he knows it.

If he doesn't know it then he needs to educate himself and stop spouting this sh1t every day.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 with 2838 viewshampstead_blue

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:36 - Sep 29 by jeera

You didn't make any fair criticism.

You made a stupid post knowing full well it was out of order.

Again.

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54337950

Utterly wrong to be so arrogant and aggressive toward Essex CCC. That bloke should be embarrassed. Pouring beer over your head is a normal celebration in cricket. The chap ought to have not been on the balcony, he also looked like he was having a great time.

There. That is more polite.

Why should Essex CCC be forced into apologising? They did nothing wrong. He should be more tolerant and less demanding that everyone follows his own code. One big melting pot.

Login to get fewer ads

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:44 - Sep 29 with 2831 viewsMattinLondon

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 by jeera

If he doesn't know it then he needs to educate himself and stop spouting this sh1t every day.

I didn’t see the post in general - simply thought the OP was playing the victim card.
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:46 - Sep 29 with 2820 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:44 - Sep 29 by MattinLondon

I didn’t see the post in general - simply thought the OP was playing the victim card.

He is playing victim.

He wants to say what he likes and doesn't understand anyone with a shred of decency isn't interested.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:50 - Sep 29 with 2778 viewsgiant_stow

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

Utterly wrong to be so arrogant and aggressive toward Essex CCC. That bloke should be embarrassed. Pouring beer over your head is a normal celebration in cricket. The chap ought to have not been on the balcony, he also looked like he was having a great time.

Why should Essex CCC be forced into apologising? They did nothing wrong. He should be more tolerant and less demanding that everyone follows his own code. One big melting pot.

From the link, it sounds like his fellow players genuinely regretted not thinking about him.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:50 - Sep 29 with 2783 viewsHARRY10

The desperation for attention is almost embarrassing.
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:58 - Sep 29 with 2739 viewsSwailsey

It’s been nice knowing you.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 19:58]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:07 - Sep 29 with 2685 viewsGeoffSentence

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

This does raise a question, can he use alcohol handgel?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:07 - Sep 29 with 2687 viewshampstead_blue

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:50 - Sep 29 by giant_stow

From the link, it sounds like his fellow players genuinely regretted not thinking about him.

The lad looked like he was having a great time and I am sure the other players would have felt bad for him knowing he was probably going to get some tap.

I find it really cheap that someone made a huge deal out of it and then had the brass neck to demand Essex apologise!

It's not good.

My point is that abuse and falsehoods can be thrown around on this board. I get called a right wing extremist which is horrid and so untrue, politicians get dogs abuse (welo Tory ones) but nobody bats an eyelid.

I post and give this bloke a bit of tap for crying and it's racist and all other horrid things.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:07 - Sep 29 with 2683 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

Is anyone making a big deal of this? Says they spoke about it and the team have apologised. Not one quote from the man in question which suggests he hasn't kicked off but maybe raised his points calmly and privately.

I think many people know about Islam and alcohol but perhaps wouldn't have thought about it in the moment. Just something to learn from.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:10 - Sep 29 with 2670 viewshampstead_blue

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 by jeera

Racist?
There you go again. Utterly abusive, irrelevant to the post and wrong.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:10 - Sep 29 with 2671 viewshomer_123

Hampstead... dude.

You can have that view...it's yours and you can vocalise it if you so choose...but you can't then moan if others disagree or don't share that view.

I urge you to take a step back and have a think about things bud. Your more recent posting comes across as particularly argumentative, negative and combative.

Are you OK? Happy to chat if you wanna PM.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 20:13]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:10 - Sep 29 with 2644 views26_Paz

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

Which bloke should be embarrassed?

The Paz Man

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:11 - Sep 29 with 2659 viewsPinewoodblue

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

Can we be critical of everyone on the balcony for not socially distancing?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:12 - Sep 29 with 2660 viewsm14_blue

HB, some friendly advice, just take the evening off and chill out.

You’re becoming a little obsessed with this whole ‘woke left’ thing, the world really ain’t out to get you and your values.

I think you’re almost certainly a decent guy and would certainly welcome a chat about footy or cricket over a beer but your mind is being poisoned from somewhere, you’re angry about all the wrong things and are being manipulated to hate this latest bogeyman. It’s sad to see you getting angrier by the day.
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:13 - Sep 29 with 2643 viewsEdwardStone

Sorry Mr H

You're on the div list
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:13 - Sep 29 with 2642 viewshampstead_blue

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:07 - Sep 29 by J2BLUE

Is anyone making a big deal of this? Says they spoke about it and the team have apologised. Not one quote from the man in question which suggests he hasn't kicked off but maybe raised his points calmly and privately.

I think many people know about Islam and alcohol but perhaps wouldn't have thought about it in the moment. Just something to learn from.

You're virtually there in nailing it.

The bloke who complained, demanded apologies and was exasperated that Essex CCC didn't bow down and issue unreserved apologies.

He should have just reminded the young muslim player to step back when the booze was around rather than going national and demanding reverence.

I am sure the young lad felt he'd got carried away, wouldn't you! and ought to have stepped away.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:14 - Sep 29 with 2635 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:10 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

Racist?

To paraphrase part of your ridiculous post:

"We are not a Muslim country, we are an alcohol country."

That's about the level of sense it made.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:14 - Sep 29 with 2643 viewsPhilTWTD

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:10 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

Racist?

Can't see how generalising about an ethnic group in the manner you did could be seen as anything other than racist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024