Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the Month 19:47 - Sep 29 with 3504 viewsBasuco

Just seen on twitter that Town player of the month is between Dozzell, Toto, Nolan and Bish, I really can't choose one above the others, and harsh on Freddie not to be put forward as well. My first thought was Toto but then decided I could not put one above any of the others, so a five way joint winner for me. Indecisive? No I'm just not just not sure.
Player of the Month on 19:49 - Sep 29 with 3009 viewsJ2BLUE

Nolan or Nsiala. Would be a nice confidence boost for both.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Player of the Month on 20:00 - Sep 29 with 2969 viewsxrayspecs

Nice change to have a number of players vying for this recognition this month and it not being the keeper....

I can narrow it down to Dozzell or Nolan, with honourable mentions to both Toto and Bish.

Freddie has had a good month but even better if his decision making was improved, when to pass/shoot and when not to take free kicks....

Have really enjoyed watching us this season, has been a while since I have been able to say that and looking forward to Saturday.
Player of the Month on 20:54 - Sep 29 with 2842 viewsITFC_Forever

Player of the Month on 20:00 - Sep 29 by xrayspecs

Nice change to have a number of players vying for this recognition this month and it not being the keeper....

I can narrow it down to Dozzell or Nolan, with honourable mentions to both Toto and Bish.

Freddie has had a good month but even better if his decision making was improved, when to pass/shoot and when not to take free kicks....

Have really enjoyed watching us this season, has been a while since I have been able to say that and looking forward to Saturday.

Yep, Dozzell or Nolan for me... I’d go with Dozzell, just.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Player of the Month on 21:36 - Sep 29 with 2731 viewsTractorCam

There is no way Freddie has been good as them others and infact a few others would be ahead of him, e.g Edwards, Chambers, Ward.

Shows what an excellent month we've had that we have so many worthy nominations for this award, long may it continue!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 21:36]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Player of the Month on 21:43 - Sep 29 with 2707 viewsMullet

It’s Chambers anyway which makes it all the weirder

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Player of the Month on 23:02 - Sep 29 with 2580 viewsOsborneOneNil

Player of the Month on 21:43 - Sep 29 by Mullet

It’s Chambers anyway which makes it all the weirder

Eh?? For real?
Player of the Month on 08:14 - Sep 30 with 2365 viewsfloridaboy

Ward would get my vote, otherwise both Nolan and Dozzell, both who have had good starts
Player of the Month on 09:26 - Sep 30 with 2288 viewsitfcjoe

Nolan for me, popping up with goals as well as playing well in every game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Player of the Month on 09:39 - Sep 30 with 2260 viewstheipswichman

Dozzell or Nolan but to be honest any of the midfield, those three are the reason we looks so good thus far. I’d give Dozzell the edge as he’s looked so classy.
Player of the Month on 09:41 - Sep 30 with 2252 viewsBluebell

Difficult to chose between Edwards, Dozzell or Nolan for me.

If I had to select one it would have to be Dozzell.

As we have won the first 3 games, everyone has had a part achieving that so it is hard to chose just one.
Player of the Month on 09:48 - Sep 30 with 2242 viewsBiGDonnie

Player of the Month on 20:00 - Sep 29 by xrayspecs

Didn't Bart win player of the year twice on the bounce?

BANTA

Edit - It's Dozzer!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 9:49]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Player of the Month on 09:50 - Sep 30 with 2228 viewsHerbivore

Dozzer for me. Thought Nolan didn't have a great game against Rochdale at the weekend and that edged him out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Player of the Month on 10:48 - Sep 30 with 2168 viewsbracknell_blue

Player of the Month on 21:36 - Sep 29 by TractorCam

There is no way Freddie has been good as them others and infact a few others would be ahead of him, e.g Edwards, Chambers, Ward.

Shows what an excellent month we've had that we have so many worthy nominations for this award, long may it continue!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 21:36]

Agreed. His awful free kicks must surely disqualify him from consideration.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Player of the Month on 11:08 - Sep 30 with 2131 viewsSamWhiteUK

Player of the Month on 09:48 - Sep 30 by BiGDonnie

Didn't Bart win player of the year twice on the bounce?

BANTA

Edit - It's Dozzer!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 9:49]

Think it was 3 on the spin?
Player of the Month on 11:10 - Sep 30 with 2123 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tough call but like someone has said already I don't think Nolan had his better game Saturday so for me , Dozzell shades it but Nolan and Nsiala along with Ward deserve massive mentions

Poll: If it were one or the other

Player of the Month on 11:15 - Sep 30 with 2110 viewsBrixtonBlue

Player of the Month on 09:50 - Sep 30 by Herbivore

Dozzer for me. Thought Nolan didn't have a great game against Rochdale at the weekend and that edged him out.

This is what I was going to say. Bish was similarly quiet the game before.

Toto gets an honourable mention, partly because it's been so unexpected, although his passing is still a bit erratic.

Dozzell has been superb every game. The clear winner IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Player of the Month on 11:18 - Sep 30 with 2106 viewsArnieM

Toto it is then. The fella has come back well from an awful seas9n last year. I hope he gets it as it would boost the fella no end and we’ll likely get an even better player out of him 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Player of the Month on 12:51 - Sep 30 with 2028 viewsSouperJim

Player of the Month on 11:18 - Sep 30 by ArnieM

Toto it is then. The fella has come back well from an awful seas9n last year. I hope he gets it as it would boost the fella no end and we’ll likely get an even better player out of him 👍

I think it depends on how you're judging him. Yes he has had a decent improvement and I appreciate the way Lambert is trying to build him up at the minute, but he's not even been our best defender. Ward has been pretty much error free from what I've seen?

I do still wonder if we're simply trying to put Nsiala in the shop window.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Player of the Month on 12:51 - Sep 30 with 2028 viewslazyblue

Dozzell and Nolan have been the real stand out performers so far.
Player of the Month on 12:52 - Sep 30 with 2025 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Player of the Month on 11:18 - Sep 30 by ArnieM

First 45mins on Saturday Toto was arguably worse than at points last year. His distribution wouldn't have looked out of place in a pub side.

Second half he was much better.

Overall though it's got to be Nolan or Dozzell, and I'd probably go Nolan.
Player of the Month on 13:11 - Sep 30 with 1991 viewsPJH

Player of the Month on 12:52 - Sep 30 by PrideOfTheEast

First 45mins on Saturday Toto was arguably worse than at points last year. His distribution wouldn't have looked out of place in a pub side.

Second half he was much better.

Overall though it's got to be Nolan or Dozzell, and I'd probably go Nolan.

He only started three league games for us last season and in one he was subbed at half time and in another BEFORE half time so if he was as worse than last season he should be nowhere near the first team.
Player of the Month on 13:13 - Sep 30 with 1980 viewsKieran_Knows

Player of the Month on 12:51 - Sep 30 by SouperJim

I think it depends on how you're judging him. Yes he has had a decent improvement and I appreciate the way Lambert is trying to build him up at the minute, but he's not even been our best defender. Ward has been pretty much error free from what I've seen?

I do still wonder if we're simply trying to put Nsiala in the shop window.

'I do still wonder if we're simply trying to put Nsiala in the shop window'

I hope so.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Player of the Month on 13:18 - Sep 30 with 1965 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Player of the Month on 13:11 - Sep 30 by PJH

He only started three league games for us last season and in one he was subbed at half time and in another BEFORE half time so if he was as worse than last season he should be nowhere near the first team.

You watched the first half on Saturday? In another game his passing would have led to conceding goals and he would have been taken off. Not disimilar to Accrington last year.
Player of the Month on 13:22 - Sep 30 with 1950 viewsPJH

Player of the Month on 13:18 - Sep 30 by PrideOfTheEast

You watched the first half on Saturday? In another game his passing would have led to conceding goals and he would have been taken off. Not disimilar to Accrington last year.

Yes, I cannot understand why he got rave reviews for Saturday because some of the time he was sorting out problems of his own making.

At Accrington apart from giving away goals he was also likely to get sent off-as he was also likely to have been at Portsmouth before being subbed.
Player of the Month on 13:24 - Sep 30 with 1945 viewsVaughan8

Player of the Month on 13:18 - Sep 30 by PrideOfTheEast

I've only seen the Wigan game but from what I have heard and read, he is playing better than last year but is still making those silly passes. As you say, on another day he would have cost us a goal or 2.

People are blinded by the clean sheets I feel. Unfortunately we haven't let in a goal because the other team can't finish rather than our defence is a lot better.

I would predict Nsiala and Wilson as CBs all season will equal no promotion. I would assume if everyone is fit, those 2 wouldn't even get in the team (unless we played 3 CBs).

That cup game against Lincoln I think it was, was the worse performance by a town player I have ever seen.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024