Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... 22:39 - Sep 29 with 2055 viewsSomethingBlue

... for "almost putting the phone down".

How long will the people of Ipswich put up with their poundshop Trump when they deserve so much better?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 08:49 - Sep 30 with 1832 viewsJakeITFC

A genuine question - what can we do to stop his actions?

A good friend of mine has tried reasoned debate on twitter, has sent sensible and well crafted emails to him with no response - I'm trying to say that these are exhaustive means but ultimately what is the alternative when we don't go to the ballot box for another four years?
Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:00 - Sep 30 with 1808 viewsDubtractor

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 08:49 - Sep 30 by JakeITFC

A good friend of mine has tried reasoned debate on twitter, has sent sensible and well crafted emails to him with no response - I'm trying to say that these are exhaustive means but ultimately what is the alternative when we don't go to the ballot box for another four years?

He just isn't interested is he?

Compare with our other recent tory mp and there is a gulf. Ignoring national voting, Gummer was keen to engage with everyone in the town, and someone I genuinely felt wanted the best for everyone. I say that as someone who has voted Labour at almost every election for 27 years now.

What a depressing world we live in right now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:09 - Sep 30 with 1787 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:00 - Sep 30 by Dubtractor

Compare with our other recent tory mp and there is a gulf. Ignoring national voting, Gummer was keen to engage with everyone in the town, and someone I genuinely felt wanted the best for everyone. I say that as someone who has voted Labour at almost every election for 27 years now.

I'm no longer in the constituency, and my MP in that article comes across much better, Hunt really is just the worst - is just vacant intellectually and just happy to tow the party line to the extreme. He's one of those idiots at school who hangs round with the bully and think's he is their mate, a useful idiot.

Like you say with Ben Gummer, he really did seem to try and do a lot for the town and was in constant communication with it's residents, whilst also managing to climb the slippery pole in Westminster

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:09 - Sep 30 with 1788 viewstractorboy1978

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:00 - Sep 30 by Dubtractor

The fact people voted out Sandy Martin for this bloke is baffling. A bloke that has the Town's best interests flowing through his veins for a bloke that couldn't give two sh!tes. A proper career politician.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 9:10]
Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:15 - Sep 30 with 1770 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 08:49 - Sep 30 by JakeITFC

Just have to keep chipping away — worth it for every person who might stop and think "do I really want this?".

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:38 - Sep 30 with 1712 viewsBlueNomad

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:09 - Sep 30 by tractorboy1978

The fact people voted out Sandy Martin for this bloke is baffling. A bloke that has the Town's best interests flowing through his veins for a bloke that couldn't give two sh!tes. A proper career politician.

Jo Churchill (BSE) is another. I wrote to her following the first vote on amending the Withdrawal Agreement, pointing out that it was Thatcher who said that governments should always act within the law. I asked her for her rationale for voting in favour. Three weeks later I have had no reply.

This gets to the nub of the problems we face now. More than ever it has become Party over People. They do not represent us.
Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:46 - Sep 30 with 1688 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:09 - Sep 30 by tractorboy1978

I don't think he's even a career politician, he's just a chancer - he's not going to go anywhere in any Government

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:57 - Sep 30 with 1650 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:46 - Sep 30 by itfcjoe

I don't think he's even a career politician, he's just a chancer - he's not going to go anywhere in any Government

This morning he's spending his time on Twitter tacitly endorsing Trump rather than representing the town he was parachuted into. What a look.

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:12 - Sep 30 with 1630 viewsartsbossbeard

I've posted this before but one of my fellow footy coaches runs a shipping company, is an Ipswich constituent, lifelong tory voter but very much pro remain.

He wrote on Tom's FB page about how much Brexit has cost him to date (6k a month to cover a retainer for the services of a Brexit import expert), the fact that there's little guidance from govt departments and that his retained experts sits twiddling his thumbs presently as the whole "origins" issue is still not resolved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54345882

One of Tom's team took down his posts and stopped him from posting. Lifelong tory, married with 2 kids that will be of voting age come the next election. 4 votes lost.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:16 - Sep 30 with 1595 viewstractordownsouth

I really hope Martin runs again in 2024.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:24 - Sep 30 with 1569 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:16 - Sep 30 by tractordownsouth

I really hope Martin runs again in 2024.

I think he's done with it all now.

He went out with a bang on election night..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:41 - Sep 30 with 1529 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:12 - Sep 30 by artsbossbeard

I've posted this before but one of my fellow footy coaches runs a shipping company, is an Ipswich constituent, lifelong tory voter but very much pro remain.

He wrote on Tom's FB page about how much Brexit has cost him to date (6k a month to cover a retainer for the services of a Brexit import expert), the fact that there's little guidance from govt departments and that his retained experts sits twiddling his thumbs presently as the whole "origins" issue is still not resolved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54345882

One of Tom's team took down his posts and stopped him from posting. Lifelong tory, married with 2 kids that will be of voting age come the next election. 4 votes lost.

I got banned from James Cartlidge's page for asking him(on a post about him visiting a food bank) why he was so intent on continually voting in favour of benefit cuts and stuff sanctions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:43 - Sep 30 with 1522 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:57 - Sep 30 by SomethingBlue

This morning he's spending his time on Twitter tacitly endorsing Trump rather than representing the town he was parachuted into. What a look.

I hope all the people who've been reminding of the old chant 'Ipswich lives in racial harmony' will be taking note of him endorsing an actual white supremacist.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:46 - Sep 30 with 1515 viewsbracknell_blue

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:38 - Sep 30 by BlueNomad

Jo Churchill (BSE) is another. I wrote to her following the first vote on amending the Withdrawal Agreement, pointing out that it was Thatcher who said that governments should always act within the law. I asked her for her rationale for voting in favour. Three weeks later I have had no reply.

This gets to the nub of the problems we face now. More than ever it has become Party over People. They do not represent us.

Jo Churchill is my MP, I have met her a few times and actually quite like her as a person. But every time I write to her I get the same bland reply back as most other people around the country. She is now a Junior Minister and so won't rock the boat, although I suspect there are a few issues where she doesn't agree with Govt policy - like Brexit. But she doesn't only put party beforfe country, she puts self before country too. Does things in exactly the reverse way what her namesake Winston said: Country before party before self.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:51 - Sep 30 with 1491 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:38 - Sep 30 by BlueNomad

Yep, had that from James Cartlidge as well. He writes a column in a few local papers. Might start writing to them with the opening line 'as he doesn't answer his letters...'.

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:52 - Sep 30 with 1488 viewsTangledupin_Blue

He had a rant on FB, yesterday, again saying that he doesn't need unconscious bias training.

He managed to mention that he is now ambassador for the BSC (Bangladeshi Support Centre), although he couldn't even get that right - he called it the BSE. The clear inference being "I have dealings with Asian people therefore I can't be racist."

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:56 - Sep 30 with 1470 viewsHerbivore

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:52 - Sep 30 by Tangledupin_Blue

He had a rant on FB, yesterday, again saying that he doesn't need unconscious bias training.

He managed to mention that he is now ambassador for the BSC (Bangladeshi Support Centre), although he couldn't even get that right - he called it the BSE. The clear inference being "I have dealings with Asian people therefore I can't be racist."

It tends to be the people who refuse to undertake unconscious bias training that need it the most.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:57 - Sep 30 with 1458 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 10:52 - Sep 30 by Tangledupin_Blue

Be fair, he's never been unconsciously bigoted, he's pretty openly bigoted all the way through.

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 13:07 - Sep 30 with 1345 viewsuefacup81

Tom Hunt attacking young local journalists I see ... on 09:09 - Sep 30 by itfcjoe

I'm no longer in the constituency, and my MP in that article comes across much better, Hunt really is just the worst - is just vacant intellectually and just happy to tow the party line to the extreme. He's one of those idiots at school who hangs round with the bully and think's he is their mate, a useful idiot.

Like you say with Ben Gummer, he really did seem to try and do a lot for the town and was in constant communication with it's residents, whilst also managing to climb the slippery pole in Westminster

I agree with the comments on Ben Gummer.

Although I didn't agree with him politically, it was fairly clear from how he worked for and interacted with his constituency that he was still a fairly 'old school' Tory - came from wealth, but adopted the 'one nation' point of view.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024