Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnny Miller Town shirt 18:31 - Sep 30 with 1267 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone got one they're up for selling?

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 19:30 - Sep 30 with 1153 viewsitfcjoe

Fairly random request!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 19:38 - Sep 30 with 1138 viewsPhilTWTD

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 19:30 - Sep 30 by itfcjoe

Fairly random request!

There is a background to it, someone from the family wants one and asked the Supporters Club to put out some feelers.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Johnny Miller Town shirt on 20:08 - Sep 30 with 1069 viewsKeno

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 19:38 - Sep 30 by PhilTWTD

There is a background to it, someone from the family wants one and asked the Supporters Club to put out some feelers.

This post has been edited by an administrator

for info, for those to young to remember

I had forgotten he was an Ipswich lad

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 21:10 - Sep 30 with 988 viewsPJH

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 20:08 - Sep 30 by Keno

for info, for those to young to remember

I had forgotten he was an Ipswich lad

He and Mick Lambert made their debut's in same game in March 1969.

Johnny Miller played the bulk of his not very many games for us in 1971/72 and, as I remember it, was then being talked about as a future England International.

He ended up going to them up the road and scoring twice for them in 5th round of League Cup at PR to knock us out.

edit-also he was, I think, our first black professional player although not first-teamer because Steve Stacey signed and played in 1968 but Johnny Miller had signed pro forms before that
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 21:14]
Johnny Miller Town shirt on 22:07 - Sep 30 with 926 viewsPhilTWTD

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 21:10 - Sep 30 by PJH

He and Mick Lambert made their debut's in same game in March 1969.

Johnny Miller played the bulk of his not very many games for us in 1971/72 and, as I remember it, was then being talked about as a future England International.

He ended up going to them up the road and scoring twice for them in 5th round of League Cup at PR to knock us out.

edit-also he was, I think, our first black professional player although not first-teamer because Steve Stacey signed and played in 1968 but Johnny Miller had signed pro forms before that
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 21:14]

Someone once told me, not sure who, but it would have been one of his team-mates, that Bobby Ferguson first tried Eric Gates's in the hole role with Johnny Miller in the reserves.
Johnny Miller Town shirt on 22:23 - Sep 30 with 886 viewsPJH

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 22:07 - Sep 30 by PhilTWTD

Someone once told me, not sure who, but it would have been one of his team-mates, that Bobby Ferguson first tried Eric Gates's in the hole role with Johnny Miller in the reserves.

He was originally a winger and he made his debut at RW with Mick Lambert on the other wing.

He started the last 3 games of 1970/71 and started every league game except 1 from the start of 1971/72 until mid- February. He only started 2 more games after that in 71/72 and in 72/73 and 73/74 he only started a handfull of games before moving to Norfolk in October 1974.

I can't remember if he had an injury or whether he just dropped down the pecking order but I think when he had that run in the first team he was mostly playing in midfield rather than on the wing.
Johnny Miller Town shirt on 08:46 - Oct 1 with 741 viewsoldburian

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 22:23 - Sep 30 by PJH

He was originally a winger and he made his debut at RW with Mick Lambert on the other wing.

He started the last 3 games of 1970/71 and started every league game except 1 from the start of 1971/72 until mid- February. He only started 2 more games after that in 71/72 and in 72/73 and 73/74 he only started a handfull of games before moving to Norfolk in October 1974.

I can't remember if he had an injury or whether he just dropped down the pecking order but I think when he had that run in the first team he was mostly playing in midfield rather than on the wing.

I took my then girl friend, now wife, to City Ground Nottingham In March 1972. It was her birthday! It was cold, windy and about 5,000 there, most of those were angry City fans. They got relegated that year but, of course, appointed Brian Clough. Johnny Miller was absolutely brilliant that day, looked a class above anyone else but played only one more game that season and never looked the same after that.

The win that day probably clinched our place in Division one for another season.
Johnny Miller Town shirt on 09:31 - Oct 1 with 691 viewsPJH

Johnny Miller Town shirt on 08:46 - Oct 1 by oldburian

I took my then girl friend, now wife, to City Ground Nottingham In March 1972. It was her birthday! It was cold, windy and about 5,000 there, most of those were angry City fans. They got relegated that year but, of course, appointed Brian Clough. Johnny Miller was absolutely brilliant that day, looked a class above anyone else but played only one more game that season and never looked the same after that.

The win that day probably clinched our place in Division one for another season.

His last game prior to the one at Nottingham, which was at Stoke, he scored and was also substituted so presumably he lost his previously established place due to injury.

Mick Lambert, indirectly, seems to have taken his place in the team and he rarely got back in after that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024