Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Folami, or a new signing? 08:37 - Oct 1 with 14918 viewsitfcjoe

What do we do with the news that Norwood is out for 8 weeks? it leaves us light up front with just Oli Hawkins and Kayden Jackson...

Big question marks re Jackson:
- Will we be able to keep hold of him through the window? He's happy to move on and if we get a decent offer....
- Can he play through the middle in this formation?

if Norwood is back after 8 weeks then that takes us to 1st of December.

Do we try and push Ben Folami on? He looked good at back end of 2017/18 season in championship but not been seen much then due to a bad injury - he played at Col U in trophy last season up front on his own.

Or do we look to loan someone until January as Norwood realistically won't be back to 100% until then.

I'd like to see Folami get his chance, but realistically there is so much riding on this season I'd be looking to get someone in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:40 - Oct 1 with 7253 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

I am guessing that Simpson hasn't shown enough since lockdown to be considered? Certainly has the physicality to play the role.

I completely agree though that too much rides on this season to rely on Hawkins not getting injured or Folami/Simpson.

That being said, it is more probably more likely to be a Prem League Under 23 loan like McGuinness rather than an experienced campaigner happy to sit on our bench.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:43 - Oct 1 with 7228 viewsParky

Need one as an absolute minimum, Kayden Jackson hasn’t played a game for how long? He isn’t going to be fit for a while if he even stays here.

An injury to Hawkins leaves us with Folami and I guess Sears could play in the striker role (I’d rather he didn’t).

Will Keane anyone?😂
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:44 - Oct 1 with 7213 viewsPendejo

Good job the midfield have been scoring isn't it.

I say Folami

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:46 - Oct 1 with 7199 viewstractorboy1978

We definitely need another forward. As you say, there is simply too much riding on this campaign. We also all know that 8 weeks is likely to be more as far as our injury history is concerned and Norwood by his own admission hasn't been fully fit for almost a year.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:46 - Oct 1 with 7201 viewsGarv

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:40 - Oct 1 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

I am guessing that Simpson hasn't shown enough since lockdown to be considered? Certainly has the physicality to play the role.

I completely agree though that too much rides on this season to rely on Hawkins not getting injured or Folami/Simpson.

That being said, it is more probably more likely to be a Prem League Under 23 loan like McGuinness rather than an experienced campaigner happy to sit on our bench.

Shame Simpson hasn't featured, I thought he looked useful at the back end of last season. Probably wouldn't fit the system though anyway.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:48 - Oct 1 with 7178 viewsSteve_M

Would think we try to bring someone in but hope to see a chance for Folami too.

What's Will Keane up to these days?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:49 - Oct 1 with 7178 viewsSomethingBlue

Need to get someone in asap, Norwood hasn't been fit for a year — ever since MK Dons away last time — and as you say this basically leaves us short til Christmas even if we are being optimistic. We cannot mess about this season.

Yet another injury at ITFC, what an absolute nonsense ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:52 - Oct 1 with 7138 viewsDarth_Koont

Playing three up front gives us options. But I think a physical presence through the middle is preferable to give some shape and let the wide forwards exploit space.

With his tendency to drift wide not sure Norwood is a massive loss on that score, or that Jackson is that well suited either. So I think Hawkins and Simpson could carry out that role until Drinan is back to bolster it. Hell, I’d even chuck McGuinness up there if it’s just to bother CBs.

If it’s three forwards in a more random formation then we have the players anyway, I think.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:53 - Oct 1 with 7119 viewsBrixtonBlue

I thought we needed a loan striker before this so we definitely need one now.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:00 - Oct 1 with 7067 viewsMetal_Hacker

I as expecting an under 23 to come in to be fair to help with numbers and to take some of the strain before this .Might have to be someone more reliable...which isn't going to leave much out there available ....is it ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:01 - Oct 1 with 7061 viewsitfcpaul

Get in one of those young Arsenal strikers who played against us in the Cup game

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:03 - Oct 1 with 7050 viewsBiGDonnie

Lankester?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:05 - Oct 1 with 7023 viewscatch74

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 08:43 - Oct 1 by Parky

Need one as an absolute minimum, Kayden Jackson hasn’t played a game for how long? He isn’t going to be fit for a while if he even stays here.

An injury to Hawkins leaves us with Folami and I guess Sears could play in the striker role (I’d rather he didn’t).

Will Keane anyone?😂

Annoyingly Keane would work, especially if the midfielders carry on their scoring.Not sure it’s worth it with his appearance stats though.
A couple of league 1 freebies, as that all we can afford - Jordy Hiwula? and what’s happened to Alex Kiwomya,career has faded, just getting Dozzell and Kiwomya on the team sheet is enough for me, don’t care if he fits the role.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:09 - Oct 1 with 7009 viewsHullblue

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:03 - Oct 1 by BiGDonnie

Lankester?

If we can’t get someone in then he’s got to be one of the best options we’ve got - although I don’t think he’s physical enough to play through the middle on his own. Does anyone know if he’s played that role in the youth teams?

Our other option if Hawkins and Folami are out would be to play a false 9 - Bishop would be the ideal candidate for that.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:09 - Oct 1 with 7002 viewsNazemariner

I think we all know that we won't sign anyone.

We were already thin on the ground in those 3 advanced roles, so I would hope that we bring in a loan. Although it would only be an U21 so you could argue that it would be worth giving one of our own a go.

Either that or we revert to the 4-4-2...…..saying that we are also woefully short on wide options.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:20 - Oct 1 with 6925 viewsDanTheMan

Loan I'd have thought. Bit much to chuck Folami's way.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:24 - Oct 1 with 6893 viewsBlueandTruesince82

8 weeks? Whats wrong with him now? Guarantee if we'd sent him to Dundee he'd be fit.

Has been fully fit since he arrived?

Yes, loan needed love Folami to step up but cant see it yet
He needs to go on loan himself.

Any news on this winger yet?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:24 - Oct 1 with 6890 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:03 - Oct 1 by BiGDonnie

Lankester?

Seem to recall an interview with him saying he's comfortable playing in any position along the front line, could be a good shout.

I suspect Will Keane is at the training ground as we speak.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:27 - Oct 1 with 6877 viewsWestcountryblue

Most definitely a loan, albeit a short 2 or 3 month loan.
It's important we continue our good form and make a strong start, plus it will give us time to get Norwood and Drinan back and firing.
We do have Sears and Lankester who can play up top, so alongside Jackson and Hawkins we are not too light of numbers. But a physical, hustle and bustle striker would be a good addition.
I expect we'll wait until.... on 09:28 - Oct 1 with 6865 viewsBloots

....The Hawk gets injured and then sign Will Keane on a short term deal.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:29 - Oct 1 with 6875 viewsgordon

Not sure we really need anyone - we've still got Hawkins, Jackson, Sears, Folami who could all play as a central striker, and not sure that Norwood was going to contribute much anyway.

A serious hamstring injury in training is unforgiveable from the club's perspective - suggests either a player not bothering to warm up properly, or poor communication between the medical staff, manager and player.
Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:29 - Oct 1 with 6866 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Personally I would break the bank to get the best possible loan striker in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:35 - Oct 1 with 6820 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:29 - Oct 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Personally I would break the bank to get the best possible loan striker in.

I think the banks already broken

Poll: If it were one or the other

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:37 - Oct 1 with 6801 viewsGarv

Varney or Keane surely.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:39 - Oct 1 with 6790 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Folami, or a new signing? on 09:20 - Oct 1 by DanTheMan

Loan I'd have thought. Bit much to chuck Folami's way.

With regards to a loan player, have we got cap room for anyone over 21?

Which means we'd likely end up with someone younger and less experienced than BF as won't be many available

Anyone who had a decent season last year out on loan who has struggled to break in to the parent club this season?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024