Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! 10:56 - Oct 1 with 908 viewsswede

For those of you who are going to watch the London marathon on TV watch out for ardent Town fan and former Woodbridge boy Aaron Scott. Give him a cheer on from your sofas!

This is his fifth London marathon and he has finished in the top 25 three times. His PB is 2:16:57 so he's not going to beat Eliud Kipchoge, but as his Dad I'm highly chuffed that he has been selected again in the elite race for GBR.
London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 10:57 - Oct 1 with 890 viewsSwailsey

Is it still going ahead, or is it being done in a different way? Congrats either way!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:00 - Oct 1 with 883 viewsTractorWood

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 10:57 - Oct 1 by Swailsey

Is it still going ahead, or is it being done in a different way? Congrats either way!

It's a smaller lapped course for the elites.

I remember the OP saying his son did Frankfurt a couple of years ago when I ran it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:01 - Oct 1 with 881 viewsswede

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 10:57 - Oct 1 by Swailsey

Yes, it is on Sunday. The course is several laps of St. James Park with the finish in The Mall again. All being done on a Covid safe way with no spectators allowed. Men's, Women's & Wheelchair races with only 40 men invited.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 11:02]
London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:28 - Oct 1 with 851 viewsTractorWood

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:01 - Oct 1 by swede

Yes, it is on Sunday. The course is several laps of St. James Park with the finish in The Mall again. All being done on a Covid safe way with no spectators allowed. Men's, Women's & Wheelchair races with only 40 men invited.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 11:02]

I did London last year and it's an amazing thing. Its scale, organisation and support are unparalleled. Shame it couldn't stop me bonking hugely at mile 15!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:33 - Oct 1 with 839 viewsmisty1984

Good luck to him, have set it to record, think the men’s race is going to be interesting and think it could go sub 2.
London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:37 - Oct 1 with 839 viewsmisty1984

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:28 - Oct 1 by TractorWood

I did London last year and it's an amazing thing. Its scale, organisation and support are unparalleled. Shame it couldn't stop me bonking hugely at mile 15!

I ran last year, it is awesome, I struggled the last 2 miles with my foot but the encouragement from the crowd really do help you.
London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 11:43 - Oct 1 with 834 viewsSwansea_Blue

2:16? You're not allowed to use a bike.

Good luck Aaron

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 12:05 - Oct 1 with 829 viewsFixed_It

Good luck to him!
I'm doing the Virtual London Marathon on Sunday. Training has been seriously hampered by a succession of injuries so have no intention of running it. May well walk most of the way with some light jogging at intervals if my knee behaves itself; so my time is likely to be somewhere between 6-8 hours! I will still get a medal and the t-shirt though so it'll be worth it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 12:26 - Oct 1 with 803 viewsusm

Nice One!! 2:16, wow, brilliant.

I did a half marathon last year - Great North - in 2:39!!! Was aiming for 2:15 ish, but peaked to soon and really slowed over the last 2-3K.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

London Marathon - cheer on the town fan! on 13:57 - Oct 1 with 751 viewsPendejo

His PB for marathon is almost the same as my time for walking 10k...

Good luck to Aaron

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024