Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) 15:02 - Oct 1 with 8779 viewsJ2BLUE

Please don't post any spoilers for the shows

I'm tired of watching tv shows where the ending is a disappointment (Fortitude, GOT, Lost etc etc). The endings always feel rushed and lacking any real conclusion.

Please name some decent shows where the ending is worth the wait and the investment of watching several series.

Cheers

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:05 - Oct 1 with 3623 viewsmrfixit426

Black Sails. Final two episodes were both some of the best tv I've ever watched.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:05 - Oct 1 with 3616 viewsITFC_Forever

Life on Mars / Ashes to Ashes.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:06 - Oct 1 with 3613 viewsSpruceMoose

Six Feet Under is said to have had one of the best endings of any series. I personally liked Mad Men too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:06 - Oct 1 with 3610 viewsm14_blue

The Office.

"Chris. Why don't you fcuk off?"
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:07 - Oct 1 with 3602 viewsGeoffSentence

Eastenders

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:10 - Oct 1 with 3591 viewsKeno

MASH

Scrubs, if you end at the series before the 'medical school' series

1978 FA Cup

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:20 - Oct 1 with 3561 viewsitfcjoe

Six Feet Under is well worth the time, the ending is one of the most stunning pieces of TV I've ever seen.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:21 - Oct 1 with 3547 viewsSpruceMoose

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:20 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

Six Feet Under is well worth the time, the ending is one of the most stunning pieces of TV I've ever seen.

Agreed. I think it's a great piece of television.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:22 - Oct 1 with 3552 viewsgtsb1966

It may have been a comedy but Blackadder goes forth had the best ending to a series I've ever seen.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:24 - Oct 1 with 3543 viewsitfcjoe

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:21 - Oct 1 by SpruceMoose

Agreed. I think it's a great piece of television.

Every now and again I just watch it on YouTube, it brings the whole series back in just that clip

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:25 - Oct 1 with 3531 viewscatch74

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:22 - Oct 1 by gtsb1966

It may have been a comedy but Blackadder goes forth had the best ending to a series I've ever seen.

Beat me to it, was going to put the same.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:34 - Oct 1 with 3496 viewsLRB84UK

Oz! Love the series and the ending
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:36 - Oct 1 with 3496 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Breaking Bad.

Any of the Fargo series. Watch the film first. Series 1 and 2 are brilliant, Series 3 slightly more difficult watch but really stays with you. Each series is set in the same geographical area as the film, and with similar themes, but in different eras, with a few call-backs which show that, although distinct, they are in the same "universe". Because each series is a self-contained story it means they have a proper narrative arc and resolution.

Seconding Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes, and my wife is seconding Mad Men.

I know what you mean about the cliched endings, though. Got to the end of Suits and they did the whole "and then she married a Prince" thing in a bizarre live broadcast, with all sorts of celeb cameos. Weird.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:51 - Oct 1 with 3460 viewsFenboyBlue

Blake's Seven
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:52 - Oct 1 with 3458 viewsjeera

Sopranos didn't!

Although I know it was popular with an element of the audience, I need proper closure!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 16:00]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:55 - Oct 1 with 3453 viewscatch74

There was a Battlestar Galactica thread not that long ago. That ends fairly satisfactorily (the remake!)

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 16:26 - Oct 1 with 3415 viewsOldsmoker

I thought the last episode of Twin Peaks tied up all the loose ends.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 16:27 - Oct 1 with 3411 viewsSpruceMoose

If you want something lighthearted but actually pretty funny and moving at some points Schitt's Creek is great and easy to binge.

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 16:30 - Oct 1 with 3401 viewsPendejo

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:36 - Oct 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

Breaking Bad.

Any of the Fargo series. Watch the film first. Series 1 and 2 are brilliant, Series 3 slightly more difficult watch but really stays with you. Each series is set in the same geographical area as the film, and with similar themes, but in different eras, with a few call-backs which show that, although distinct, they are in the same "universe". Because each series is a self-contained story it means they have a proper narrative arc and resolution.

Seconding Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes, and my wife is seconding Mad Men.

I know what you mean about the cliched endings, though. Got to the end of Suits and they did the whole "and then she married a Prince" thing in a bizarre live broadcast, with all sorts of celeb cameos. Weird.

I'll second Breaking Bad

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 17:16 - Oct 1 with 3347 viewsuefacup81

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:05 - Oct 1 by ITFC_Forever

Life on Mars / Ashes to Ashes.

Just not the American version...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 17:28 - Oct 1 with 3333 viewsfactual_blue

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 15:07 - Oct 1 by GeoffSentence

Eastenders

Amen.

I love these fly-on-the-wall documentary series.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 17:33 - Oct 1 with 3323 viewsDebsyAngel

Casualty. Or Wentworth.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:16 - Oct 1 with 3280 viewsfactual_blue

The One Show.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:23 - Oct 1 with 3268 viewsMercian

GOT of Thrones went to pot after GRRM stopped being part of the production team. Season 1 to 6, great (less so season 5). Season 7 and 9 were poor, terrible by GOT standards. These days I hold less affection for the program.
TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:27 - Oct 1 with 3260 viewsJ2BLUE

TV shows with endings that live up to expectation (no spoilers) on 18:23 - Oct 1 by Mercian

GOT of Thrones went to pot after GRRM stopped being part of the production team. Season 1 to 6, great (less so season 5). Season 7 and 9 were poor, terrible by GOT standards. These days I hold less affection for the program.

I loved it. Even the final season. Just the last episode I hated. Can't violate the no spoilers request but it was just ended in the worst way possible. Made zero sense.

Cheers all, i'll have a look at some of your ideas.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024