Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My journey home is not going well 21:49 - Oct 2 with 1923 viewsNewcyBlue

Malaga to Amsterdam flight delayed. Considerably.

I ran to the Newcastle gate with minutes to spare. I get there and the gate is closed.

They turfed me off the flight as their procedure is 40 minutes for transfer.

Currently sat in a hotel waiting to fly tomorrow.

I’ll probably miss visiting at the hospital tomorrow.

Give your family extra hugs TWTD, because I can’t.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

My journey home is not going well on 21:58 - Oct 2 with 1526 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So sorry to hear this, Newcy. At least you are on the way and not still stuck at sea. I hope all goes well from here on in and that you still get to the hospital tomorrow. Maybe even an explanation of your special circumstances might allow them to be flexible at the hospital although they have to be careful so might not be possible.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My journey home is not going well on 22:01 - Oct 2 with 1511 viewsSwansea_Blue

You’re in charge of a chuffin great big boat and over 70% of the world is water. How hard can it be?

Nearly there Newcy. I’m sure you’d rather be home now, but that won’t matter one bit when you get to see them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My journey home is not going well on 22:06 - Oct 2 with 1495 viewsnorth_stand77

That must be very frustrating for you.

But the best things are worth waiting for so hope all goes well from here Newcy. I also had twins, boy and girl who were premature. Hard work but great fun and they both have their own children now!

Not long now, so good luck.
My journey home is not going well on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 1490 viewsPendejo

Keep on keeping on whatever that means.

Good luck

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

My journey home is not going well on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 1490 viewsjeera

That is tough.

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully it will go a lot smoother.

Bet you can hardly wait.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My journey home is not going well on 22:13 - Oct 2 with 1475 viewsPJH

Can't you swim?

Hope you get home in time for the hospital visit Newcy.
My journey home is not going well on 22:15 - Oct 2 with 1468 viewsWeWereZombies

Which will happen first - Town getting back into the top division or airlines treating their passengers reasonably?

There are worse airports to be stuck in than Schipol, if that is any consolation.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

My journey home is not going well on 22:37 - Oct 2 with 1432 viewsBlueBadger

My journey home is not going well on 22:15 - Oct 2 by WeWereZombies

Which will happen first - Town getting back into the top division or airlines treating their passengers reasonably?

There are worse airports to be stuck in than Schipol, if that is any consolation.

Mrs Badger is currently stuck in Portugal, having had her return flight cancelled(without no notification whatsoever) by Jet2. Thankfully she has a another week's leave to play with and is WFH but it's utterly maddening and likely to involve giving money to bloody Ryanair to get her home.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

My journey home is not going well on 00:04 - Oct 3 with 1354 viewsGuthrum

You should just "borrow" one of the aircraft ...

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/one-fokker-g-i-got-away.9922/

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My journey home is not going well on 00:46 - Oct 3 with 1312 viewsfactual_blue

Have you considered a pedalo to complete your odyssey?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

My journey home is not going well on 06:00 - Oct 3 with 1244 viewsjeera

Good luck today then fella.

My journey home is not going well on 07:10 - Oct 3 with 1207 viewsNewcyBlue

Attempt number two.

I’m at the gate an hour and a half early. The next flight to depart is for Norwich. I’m currently sat here in an ITFC hoodie....

My journey home is not going well on 07:24 - Oct 3 with 1191 viewsbluelagos

My journey home is not going well on 07:10 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

Attempt number two.

I’m at the gate an hour and a half early. The next flight to depart is for Norwich. I’m currently sat here in an ITFC hoodie....

Good luck Newcy

Riding the kwaka back from Germany today/tomorrow and expecting a drenching myself!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

My journey home is not going well on 07:31 - Oct 3 with 1175 viewsNewcyBlue

My journey home is not going well on 07:24 - Oct 3 by bluelagos

Good luck Newcy

Riding the kwaka back from Germany today/tomorrow and expecting a drenching myself!

I’ll be going a bit faster than you. Just!

Safe riding mate.

My journey home is not going well on 07:34 - Oct 3 with 1171 viewsKeno

My journey home is not going well on 07:10 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

Attempt number two.

Crumbs you do get to spend time isa lot of awful places, but Norwich!!!

Hope you get back ok, good luck

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

My journey home is not going well on 07:35 - Oct 3 with 1174 viewsbluelagos

My journey home is not going well on 07:31 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

I’ll be going a bit faster than you. Just!

Safe riding mate.

On the autobahns today to stop overnight just inside German border (Venlo my usual stop would mean quanantine). So will do my best to set a new pb :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

My journey home is not going well on 22:05 - Oct 3 with 995 viewsjeera

How'd you get on?

My journey home is not going well on 22:23 - Oct 3 with 962 viewsNewcyBlue

My journey home is not going well on 22:05 - Oct 3 by jeera

How'd you get on?

I sat smiling at the Norwich people getting on their flight, whilst I was waiting for the Newcastle one. Thinking how great I looked grinning at them in my Ipswich Town hoodie.

I was only wearing a face mask. They basically saw some idiot Town fan staring at them...

Got home, car was dead. Showered, walked down and hired a van. Drove to the hospital. MrsN started crying when I walked in. I started crying when I held our little girl. She’s tiny. Utterly tiny. And she’s the bigger of the two.

After an hour and a bit, I walked along to special care baby unit. Sat down and held our little boy. He’s incredibly small. There were more tears.

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

Madeleine and Michael (Michael was my good friend who died in May).

They’re absolutely wonderful.

I then went to Ikea, got the cots and the changing table. The wardrobes MrsN wanted weren’t in stock.

I asked if I could pop round and see Seb. Answer was a no. I’ll see him Tuesday.

Seb isn’t allowed to visit. He’s staying Friday and Saturday nights, so Saturday and Sunday we won’t be able to visit the babies. I will use the time with Seb to have some proper boy time. I’m sure he must be worried that there’s new babies and he’s going to be pushed aside. So I will make sure he understands that will never happen.

It’s weird being in the house alone. The cats come to me for a little bit then they have sodded off because it’s stopped raining and they have gone outside.

I’ve been to Asda to get some food, but to be honest I came back with bacon, stotties, and a bar of chocolate. It was just far too much choice that I didn’t know what to buy. I’m not used to choice.

I’ll sit down and plan my food tomorrow.

Oh and I have also narrowed it down to a Ford S Max or a Ford Galaxy both cars seem to be ideal for 3 car seats. Or a Mercedes V class.

My journey home is not going well on 22:26 - Oct 3 with 946 viewshoppy

My journey home is not going well on 22:23 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

I sat smiling at the Norwich people getting on their flight, whilst I was waiting for the Newcastle one. Thinking how great I looked grinning at them in my Ipswich Town hoodie.

I was only wearing a face mask. They basically saw some idiot Town fan staring at them...

Got home, car was dead. Showered, walked down and hired a van. Drove to the hospital. MrsN started crying when I walked in. I started crying when I held our little girl. She’s tiny. Utterly tiny. And she’s the bigger of the two.

After an hour and a bit, I walked along to special care baby unit. Sat down and held our little boy. He’s incredibly small. There were more tears.

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

I then went to Ikea, got the cots and the changing table. The wardrobes MrsN wanted weren’t in stock.

I asked if I could pop round and see Seb. Answer was a no. I’ll see him Tuesday.

Seb isn’t allowed to visit. He’s staying Friday and Saturday nights, so Saturday and Sunday we won’t be able to visit the babies. I will use the time with Seb to have some proper boy time. I’m sure he must be worried that there’s new babies and he’s going to be pushed aside. So I will make sure he understands that will never happen.

It’s weird being in the house alone. The cats come to me for a little bit then they have sodded off because it’s stopped raining and they have gone outside.

I’ve been to Asda to get some food, but to be honest I came back with bacon, stotties, and a bar of chocolate. It was just far too much choice that I didn’t know what to buy. I’m not used to choice.

Oh and I have also narrowed it down to a Ford S Max or a Ford Galaxy both cars seem to be ideal for 3 car seats. Or a Mercedes V class.

Stotties! Good to be home?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

My journey home is not going well on 22:35 - Oct 3 with 927 viewsNewcyBlue

My journey home is not going well on 22:26 - Oct 3 by hoppy

Stotties! Good to be home?!

I’ve had 8 hours sleep since 0700 on Thursday. Currently lying in bed and can’t sleep. It’s too quiet. My ears are ringing. This happens every time. I’m so used to the noise of the ship, the engine, the ventilation, the feel of the movement of the ship. At least when MrsN is here I can hear her breathing.

The cats have been all over me. I need to find my antihistamines.

A bacon stottie tomorrow should cure all!

My journey home is not going well on 22:42 - Oct 3 with 911 viewshoppy

My journey home is not going well on 22:35 - Oct 3 by NewcyBlue

I’ve had 8 hours sleep since 0700 on Thursday. Currently lying in bed and can’t sleep. It’s too quiet. My ears are ringing. This happens every time. I’m so used to the noise of the ship, the engine, the ventilation, the feel of the movement of the ship. At least when MrsN is here I can hear her breathing.

The cats have been all over me. I need to find my antihistamines.

A bacon stottie tomorrow should cure all!

But you’d rather be home with that to contend with than being stuck on the ship without having seen the twins yet!!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

My journey home is not going well on 22:50 - Oct 3 with 890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

So glad you were able to get to see them today.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My journey home is not going well on 22:58 - Oct 3 with 874 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

Can you please stop getting me and the missus all teary!
By the by I am the eldest of 4 ...when my 5 year younger twin brothers were born I was bought a box kite and alarm clock to 'let you know you are still special to us' or some such...I remember thinking something along the lines of , "how odd"....Seb will be fine!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

My journey home is not going well on 23:21 - Oct 3 with 853 viewsSwansea_Blue

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

This not being able to see your own kid is a weird thing. My brother in law has it with his only daughter. Not easy to cope with at all, no idea how you do it.

Despite all that sounds like you've had the most fantastic day. Really pleased for you all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My journey home is not going well on 23:23 - Oct 3 with 848 viewsPhilTWTD

They’re magnificent.

Names were agreed.

Glad you're finally home and have met Madeleine and Michael after such a wait.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024