Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highest paid manager in the league 16:59 - Oct 3 with 3256 viewsBluefish

Isn't capable of making any tactical changes to get us in the game. He has watched Gwion for 55 minutes and decided that he is worth keeping on for the rest of the game.

Not sure if we are allowed to point out the problems in the team today? Apparently we can't after wins so no idea after draws. The issues are the same as the opening games and the same as last season. It was an abysmal performance going forwards.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:00 - Oct 3 with 1674 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know things are bad when Fishers turns

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:06 - Oct 3 with 1626 viewsBasuco

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:00 - Oct 3 by Swansea_Blue

You know things are bad when Fishers turns

He is upset because his team lost.
Highest paid manager in the league on 17:07 - Oct 3 with 1588 viewsSitfcB

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:06 - Oct 3 by Basuco

Derby won today.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:09 - Oct 3 with 1573 viewsBrixtonBlue

You're allowed your opinion... and people are allowed to challenge it.

I feel like the likes of you just wait in the wings for a poor performance... which is always going to come, we aren't going to play great every game.

To say Lambert isn't capable of making any tactical changes to get us in the game is clearly nonsense as he did exactly that against Bristol Rovers.

You're obsessed with Edwards, regardless of what he does. Even when he had a hand in our goal you're straight on here criticising it.

We played poorly today, it happens. They were probably the best team we've played, we were away from home, lost Ward (I never feel comfortable with Kenlock in there) and Downes to injury, down to 10 men for about half an hour, plus the scorer of the equaliser should've been sent off.

Gratefully take a point and move on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 1553 viewsreusersfreekicks

Ah you get to have a go at Lambert and Edwards in one post - must be over the moon
Highest paid manager in the league on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 1547 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:06 - Oct 3 by Basuco

*delighted
Highest paid manager in the league on 17:11 - Oct 3 with 1534 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

You had to wait a while, but eventually you get your chance. Pleased for you.
Highest paid manager in the league on 17:11 - Oct 3 with 1525 viewspointofblue

Downes for Bishop was right but too late - it should have happened at half time. Possibly he would have done had we not already used up a sub at half time. With Judge I presume he wanted some experience on there rather than choosing Lankester or switching Edwards to the left for Jackson; did Sears pick up a knock though? That was the oddest substitution for me.

The big issue was losing Ward - we were in control before then and lost it after he went off. We can only hope Kenlock improves with match fitness as the importance of Ward over him was laid bare today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:12 - Oct 3 with 1522 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You would have been happier to see Sears stay on than Edwards? I think that was a toss of a coin decision (and I like Sears).

Personally would have put McGuiness on the bench ahead of Huws (unless that wasn't an option for some reason), would have brought Lankester on instead of Judge and would have been reluctant to use up all of our subs with 30 minutes left. We did need more bite in midfield so Downes on made sense, just unfortunate he picked a booking and an injury as soon as he did come on. I guess if he had done that without having brought Judge on he would have then called on Huws.

Disappointing performance and only an OK result off the back of the performance but we aren't going to win every game. 2 points off top. Need to win again in 2 weeks.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:13 - Oct 3 with 1510 viewsDubtractor

Put simply, anyone getting carried away after the first 3 games was silly, and likewise anyone throwing their toys out of the pram today is daft.

Yes, we were bloody terrible today, but we still dug in and got a point.

Biggest concern is that we don't seem to have a striker capable of scoring goals.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:18 - Oct 3 with 1473 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:13 - Oct 3 by Dubtractor

Put simply, anyone getting carried away after the first 3 games was silly, and likewise anyone throwing their toys out of the pram today is daft.

Yes, we were bloody terrible today, but we still dug in and got a point.

Biggest concern is that we don't seem to have a striker capable of scoring goals.

We have strikers capable of it ... but they are on the treatment table or the bench on their way back from it. Also less of a concern if the midfield are scoring.

As for the OP, is it known we pay our manager more than Sunderland, Portsmouth and Hull do? I suppose the fact he was appointed while we were in the Championship suggests we might do but his new contract was when we were in League 1 so should have been at a League 1 manager's rate with promotion clauses surely?

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:20 - Oct 3 with 1457 viewsBluefish

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:11 - Oct 3 by IpswichBoyBlue

You had to wait a while, but eventually you get your chance. Pleased for you.

Hardly, I have been consistent in my analysis all season, the team still has tactical issues. This concept that we must only criticise defeats and not wins is really odd

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:22 - Oct 3 with 1442 viewsBluefish

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:18 - Oct 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

We have strikers capable of it ... but they are on the treatment table or the bench on their way back from it. Also less of a concern if the midfield are scoring.

As for the OP, is it known we pay our manager more than Sunderland, Portsmouth and Hull do? I suppose the fact he was appointed while we were in the Championship suggests we might do but his new contract was when we were in League 1 so should have been at a League 1 manager's rate with promotion clauses surely?

Well it is known that he is on more than pompey and Sunderland that is for sure

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:22 - Oct 3 with 1442 viewsreusersfreekicks

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:20 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

Hardly, I have been consistent in my analysis all season, the team still has tactical issues. This concept that we must only criticise defeats and not wins is really odd

The concept that you must criticise continually whatever the circumstance is even odder and way more tedious
Highest paid manager in the league on 17:23 - Oct 3 with 1426 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:22 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

Well it is known that he is on more than pompey and Sunderland that is for sure

Known from where? I don't know any different but just curious where the data is coming from.

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:25 - Oct 3 with 1411 viewsBrixtonBlue

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:18 - Oct 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, Blubbers hasn't a clue how much those managers earn. And what baring does Lambert's pay have on today's game in any case?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 1400 viewsBluefish

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:23 - Oct 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Known from where? I don't know any different but just curious where the data is coming from.

The numbers were published last season

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 1392 viewsBluefish

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:23 - Oct 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

When we put in a proper 90 minute performance there will be no criticism

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:28 - Oct 3 with 1384 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:20 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

Constructive criticism is good. Constant criticism is boring.
Highest paid manager in the league on 17:30 - Oct 3 with 1371 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:27 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

The numbers were published last season

Interesting. I would imagine there are accounts showing them but I can't easily find anything on a Google search. Even one for Lambert's salary doesn't give anything.

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:34 - Oct 3 with 1344 viewsBluefish

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:30 - Oct 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Interesting. I would imagine there are accounts showing them but I can't easily find anything on a Google search. Even one for Lambert's salary doesn't give anything.

My Google search was an instant hit

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/huge-wage-gap-in-efl-revealed-1-6630284

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 1334 viewsBluefish

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:28 - Oct 3 by IpswichBoyBlue

Constructive criticism is good. Constant criticism is boring.

I am giving constructive criticism about our team. Some weirdos just don't like to hear it. We are still yet to put a solid o0 minutes performance in under PRP and it he is approaching 2 years in the job

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:38 - Oct 3 with 1313 viewsBrixtonBlue

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:36 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

I am giving constructive criticism about our team. Some weirdos just don't like to hear it. We are still yet to put a solid o0 minutes performance in under PRP and it he is approaching 2 years in the job

When was the last time we played brilliantly in every minute of a game under ANY manager?!

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:39 - Oct 3 with 1296 viewsJDB23

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:30 - Oct 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

“ The survey, filled in by 18 Championship outfits and 15 in the third tier, also shows that one League One manager at a ‘southern club’ is trousering £550,000 a year — it seems highly likely that boss is Paul Lambert.

That wage is almost £400,000 more than the average manager’s wage in the third tier of £182,438.”

Not the confirmed highest but I’d be surprised if he isn’t.
Highest paid manager in the league on 17:40 - Oct 3 with 1285 viewsBrixtonBlue

Highest paid manager in the league on 17:34 - Oct 3 by Bluefish

My Google search was an instant hit

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/huge-wage-gap-in-efl-revealed-1-6630284

Given that was based on last season's figures, would the Hull manager be included as a League 1 boss?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024