Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Observations from today 17:17 - Oct 3 with 1089 viewsstiff_talking

Holy - good shot stopper but struggles with crosses.
Kenlock - from today’s performance he doesn’t look good enough for this level.
Nsiala and Wilson - playing great together
Ward and Chambers - both solid again, we really missed Ward when he left field.
Dozzell and Nolan - both played well throughout.
Bishop - impact player currently. needs to be more involved.
Sears - playing well and no reason for the sub today. Lambert made bad call.
Edwards - Back to 2019 displays with minimal impact.
Hawkins - Every he does is great. Quality signing, but lacks mobility in finding space between defenders.
Judge - Lambert unnecessarily rushed him on and we were rewarded with a terrible 10 feet pass that led to Downes injury and ITFC playing with 10 men.
Overall ;
ITFC abandoned game plan as we couldn’t get the ball for long enough periods
MK Dons played strong possession football but were horrible exposed at the back.
Lambert was right to bring on Downes for Bishop
Lambert should have brought on Jackson, gone 2 up and exposed MK Dons lack of pace at the back.
Observations from today on 17:19 - Oct 3 with 1049 viewsITFCBlues

Go two up front and lessen our midfield options when already being completely overrun in midfield?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Observations from today on 17:25 - Oct 3 with 990 viewsgrow_our_own

"Judge - Lambert unnecessarily rushed him " - Agreed, was Lambert's biggest mistake today.
With our midfield options there's pretty much never a reason to bring Judge on IMO
Observations from today on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 957 viewsstiff_talking

Observations from today on 17:19 - Oct 3 by ITFCBlues

Go two up front and lessen our midfield options when already being completely overrun in midfield?

MK Dons were playing a high line and left 3 at back. They were preventing us from playing out and making effective use of our midfield.
In order to change this we had to force there system to change.
If we had put Jackson on they would have to go 4 across the back.
It needed a tactical change to disrupt there playing pattern.
Observations from today on 17:31 - Oct 3 with 934 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not sure Dozzell and Nolan "played well throughout" when our midfield was completely overrun in the second half
Observations from today on 17:37 - Oct 3 with 905 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I thought first half Holy looked good with crosses but then he went to pot with them second half.
Kenlock is what Nsiala was last 2 seasons. However, I am not convinced he has the potential to turn it around. Kenlock could do a job but will need experience around him and protection from whoever is left midfield. He lacks confidence and that doesn't help.
CBs agreed. I still don't like to see Nsiala on the ball though.
It is worrying how much we seem to rely on one experienced player with regards to Ward (previously Walters and Collins have made that difference but not lasted).
Dozzell and Nolan were lost second half.
I thought Sears had one of his poorest games for us today. Easily could have been Edwards going off but I don't think Sears can complain.
Hawkins could do with more goal threat. Works hard though.
The abandoned game plan was as much down to going down to 10 men. You are suggesting a different game plan changing the system anyway. Will have to see it again but I hadn't connected Downes' ill-judged challenge with a Judge pass.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Observations from today on 17:39 - Oct 3 with 888 viewsJermynblue

In the previous leagues games the midfield has been able to get enough of the ball in part as the opposition were not very good at keeping it and also we were given the space to retain it better. However, today we had to work much harder to win the ball off the opposition and retain it and came up short. I think that Bishop, Nolan and Dozzell as a three looked very lightweight in terms of tracking players, challenging players, tackling and retaining possession when put under pressure. Even Sears and Edwards mucking in still made us look lightweight. It suggested that we have not got the balance right when coming up against a physically strong and organised team. For the very brief period that Downes was on we looked better.

However, I thought the defence collectively did well, although we were weaker without Ward.
Observations from today on 18:17 - Oct 3 with 755 viewsstiff_talking

Observations from today on 17:39 - Oct 3 by Jermynblue

In the previous leagues games the midfield has been able to get enough of the ball in part as the opposition were not very good at keeping it and also we were given the space to retain it better. However, today we had to work much harder to win the ball off the opposition and retain it and came up short. I think that Bishop, Nolan and Dozzell as a three looked very lightweight in terms of tracking players, challenging players, tackling and retaining possession when put under pressure. Even Sears and Edwards mucking in still made us look lightweight. It suggested that we have not got the balance right when coming up against a physically strong and organised team. For the very brief period that Downes was on we looked better.

However, I thought the defence collectively did well, although we were weaker without Ward.

MK Dons coach deserves credit for his brave game plan and Sticking with it despite being 1-0 .
He forced Lambert to make a bad call under pressure.
The double sub turned out to be the game turning point.

The worry is Lambert still believes Judge is the answer from a wide position
Last year it was rotation rotation, this year is it going to be identity, identity!
Is Lambert going to play 4-3-3 against every opponent even when it’s not working (?)
Observations from today on 09:26 - Oct 4 with 556 viewshoppy

I don’t think he’s the first Holy man to struggle with crosses...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024