Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holy worries me (n/t) 18:32 - Oct 3 with 1219 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 18:33 - Oct 3 with 1215 viewsIllinoisblue

He had two or three odd moments today but equally, a few good saves too

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 18:44 - Oct 3 with 1186 viewsSuffolktractor

Holy worries me (n/t) on 18:33 - Oct 3 by Illinoisblue

He had two or three odd moments today but equally, a few good saves too

Thought he was decidedly dodgy in the second half. Several times came for the ball to then just leave it, or pat it away into the danger area.
Second half performance from the whole team except Nsalia and Wilson was really pedestrian.
Holy worries me (n/t) on 18:48 - Oct 3 with 1172 viewsHerbivore

Proper mixed bag from him today. Plenty of good but 2 or 3 moments that had me scratching my head.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 21:17 - Oct 3 with 1074 viewsWD19

If we don’t go up it won’t be because of him.
Holy worries me (n/t) on 21:20 - Oct 3 with 1061 viewsBluefish

He was erratic but we are division 3, overall he did well and saved the important bits. We have far bigger worries than him . Edwards and Kenlock were 1/10

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Holy worries me (n/t) on 21:20 - Oct 3 with 1061 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Holy worries me (n/t) on 18:48 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

Proper mixed bag from him today. Plenty of good but 2 or 3 moments that had me scratching my head.

This. If he didn't have a few moments like that he would be playing at a higher level than this I reckon.

He is perfectly good enough for this level. If he can improve his decision making he will be good enough for the level above too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Holy worries me (n/t) on 21:29 - Oct 3 with 1045 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Made some good saves. But he does worry me as well from time to time.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 04:24 - Oct 4 with 882 viewsharlingblue

Holy had some really bad moments of decision making today. Not shot stopping, but when to come for a cross. At his height, he should dominate the box and take pressure from his defence. Time for our goalkeeping coaches to look at this to earn their corn?
Login to get fewer ads

Holy worries me (n/t) on 08:39 - Oct 4 with 809 viewsWeWereZombies

Holy worries me (n/t) on 04:24 - Oct 4 by harlingblue

Holy had some really bad moments of decision making today. Not shot stopping, but when to come for a cross. At his height, he should dominate the box and take pressure from his defence. Time for our goalkeeping coaches to look at this to earn their corn?

I think so, the iFollow commentators (who, despite not knowing the names of half our players, were a welcome relief from the Woolley and Mathie car crash) honed in on his 'flapping' during the last ten minutes of the game and questioned MK Dons tactics for not testing him more.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 09:23 - Oct 4 with 772 viewsMonkeyAlan

The whole squad worries me. They simply arnt good enough or tough enough.
Holy worries me (n/t) on 09:33 - Oct 4 with 761 viewsChrisd

The conditions weren't great for goalkeepers yesterday, the ball is like a bar of soap zipping off the surface. Watching the Newcastle vs. Burnley game both Darlow and Pope were struggling with their handling at times and having challenges with other facets to their game. Holy is not going to be perfect he's a L1 keeper, we need to get over this idea that he's going to be faultless in games, no keeper is.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 754 viewsWeWereZombies

Holy worries me (n/t) on 09:33 - Oct 4 by Chrisd

The conditions weren't great for goalkeepers yesterday, the ball is like a bar of soap zipping off the surface. Watching the Newcastle vs. Burnley game both Darlow and Pope were struggling with their handling at times and having challenges with other facets to their game. Holy is not going to be perfect he's a L1 keeper, we need to get over this idea that he's going to be faultless in games, no keeper is.

Pickford had a dodgy moment or two yesterday as well, and his team are top of the Premier League.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 09:48 - Oct 4 with 739 viewsChrisd

Holy worries me (n/t) on 04:24 - Oct 4 by harlingblue

Surely, James Walker needs to be looking at his starting position? If he's in the wrong position this takes out Holy's ability to come for a cross, due to the delivery of the ball. Though his height should be an advantage, it's also having the confidence in his ability to come and claim those high balls. Liverpool's Bruce Grobbelaar wasn't overly big (1.85m), but he probably was one of the best in dominating his area and coming and taking crosses. It certainly takes the pressure off the defenders, but Holy won't be able to come for every ball regardless of his height advantage. It's about making good decisions, deciding when to come and when to stay at home.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 11:07]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Holy worries me (n/t) on 10:45 - Oct 21 with 582 viewsMaySixth

last night was always going to happen

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024