Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Permenant Injury Crisis 08:35 - Oct 4 with 1004 viewsHarlestonblue

Our injury crisis is permenant, it seems. We have been dogged by serious injuries for the last 3 seasons or more.
Every game there is another casualty and yesterday there were 2. Indeed we were down to 10 men for a long spell. It's quite common for the injured players roster to be in double figures. Even after 6 months rest and recuperation due to the virus some have not even returned fit and healthy. This is so frustrating and depressing for the fans and it seems as if this situation is unique to our club. .
Marcus Evans needs to review and overhaul the sports science, conditioning and physio departments up at Playford Road because they seem incapable of doing a decent job.
Permenant Injury Crisis on 08:47 - Oct 4 with 972 viewsArnieM

I’ve been raising this issue on here and other forums for well over three years now . There’s us something seriously wrong at ITFC regarding the injuries we sustain. I know the Club have looked into this , but it’s still not right .

It’s chicken and egg really . Is it intrinsic or extrinsic factors causing the rate, frequency , severity of injuries at this Club .

1) Do we bring in “ damaged goods “( Huws, Webster, Didsy, Chopra ). To name but a few historically?

2) Are the strengthening / conditioning methods correct , specific, tailored sufficiently?

3) Is the equipment ( pitches, indoor surfaces, kit ) correct ?

4) is the medical / rehabilitation evidence based , up to date , monitored, changed , of in keeping with what the BEST Clubs currently offer their players ? If not , why not ? Is it cost? Of that we don’t actually KNOW what the current “ best practice “ is?

All these questions need to be reviewed again .

Why is it our players when injured take longer than the average rehab times to recover ? Why does a player returning from one injury ALWAYS gets injured again ?

Our players are very well paid , expensive assets which Evans is paying through the nose for , yet these players rarely “ pay back “ this Club by performances in the pitch . SOMETHING has got to change !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Permenant Injury Crisis on 10:22 - Oct 4 with 888 viewsjayessess

Permenant Injury Crisis on 08:47 - Oct 4 by ArnieM

I’ve been raising this issue on here and other forums for well over three years now . There’s us something seriously wrong at ITFC regarding the injuries we sustain. I know the Club have looked into this , but it’s still not right .

It’s chicken and egg really . Is it intrinsic or extrinsic factors causing the rate, frequency , severity of injuries at this Club .

1) Do we bring in “ damaged goods “( Huws, Webster, Didsy, Chopra ). To name but a few historically?

2) Are the strengthening / conditioning methods correct , specific, tailored sufficiently?

4) is the medical / rehabilitation evidence based , up to date , monitored, changed , of in keeping with what the BEST Clubs currently offer their players ? If not , why not ? Is it cost? Of that we don’t actually KNOW what the current “ best practice “ is?

Why is it our players when injured take longer than the average rehab times to recover ? Why does a player returning from one injury ALWAYS gets injured again ?

Our players are very well paid , expensive assets which Evans is paying through the nose for , yet these players rarely “ pay back “ this Club by performances in the pitch . SOMETHING has got to change !

I'd suggest the first thing to investigate would be whether we actually are any more injury prone than average. It seems to be a standard assumption on here but I've never seen it backed up with any comparative evidence.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Permenant Injury Crisis on 10:35 - Oct 4 with 863 viewsBlueBadger

It's been going on longer than. Our treatment, recovery and rehab programmes look from the outside like they're seriously lacking. You've only got to look at how David Mcgoldrick and Adam Webster have fared since leaving.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Permenant Injury Crisis on 10:38 - Oct 4 with 858 viewsBlueBadger

I think to an extent, our budgets from Jewell onwards have meant that we've either brought in 'talented but fragile'(Webster, Didsy, Huws, possibly Adeyemi) or 'solid but limited'(pretty much everyone else) but the amount of times we've seen the likes of Huws, Bishop, McGoldrick and now Norwood break down quickly after injury makes me question what it is we're doing and have been doing for some time.

Injuries happen, it's part of the game, but any long-term looking injury basically has me seeing the dark clouds gather over that player's career.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Permenant Injury Crisis on 10:39 - Oct 4 with 851 viewsBlueBadger

Permenant Injury Crisis on 10:22 - Oct 4 by jayessess

I'd suggest the first thing to investigate would be whether we actually are any more injury prone than average. It seems to be a standard assumption on here but I've never seen it backed up with any comparative evidence.

I don't think we are. I think the issue is what we are doing *with* those injuries. The frequency of breakdown post-injury makes me suspect that more Evans corner cutting is occurring.

Permenant Injury Crisis on 10:43 - Oct 4 with 849 viewstextbackup

personal opinion is that the overriding factor for all of this is MONEY.

We bring in cheap/free damaged goods, we cant fix them permanently, we cant fix them quickly. All because budget dictates.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:19 - Oct 4 with 814 viewsElephantintheRoom

I suggest you have a drink with Teddy Bishop's dad in the plough in duxford. You might be surprised with Town's rather unusual approach to injuries.... and then not surprised at the result of this policy.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:39 - Oct 4 with 781 viewsRegencyBlue

Permenant Injury Crisis on 10:39 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

I don't think we are. I think the issue is what we are doing *with* those injuries. The frequency of breakdown post-injury makes me suspect that more Evans corner cutting is occurring.

From a purely logical point of view everything else behind the scenes has had to absorb cuts so the medical/sports science set up has probably had to do so as well.

If that really is the problem it’s incredibly short sighted by Evans but wouldn’t be a surprise, sadly.
Login to get fewer ads

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:43 - Oct 4 with 759 viewsBlueBadger

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:39 - Oct 4 by RegencyBlue

From a purely logical point of view everything else behind the scenes has had to absorb cuts so the medical/sports science set up has probably had to do so as well.

If that really is the problem it’s incredibly short sighted by Evans but wouldn’t be a surprise, sadly.

Evans is basically a Tory government of an owner. Initially chucks money at flash harries who come in promising the earth but are less effective than the low-cost predecessor. When he does stumble on something that works, he cuts and cuts and cuts. Finally, he takes us out of the EU/Champonship which proves evens more disatrous for his country/club but rather than address root causes and failing ministers/managers, he doubles down on them.

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:48 - Oct 4 with 750 viewsKeno

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:43 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Evans is basically a Tory government of an owner. Initially chucks money at flash harries who come in promising the earth but are less effective than the low-cost predecessor. When he does stumble on something that works, he cuts and cuts and cuts. Finally, he takes us out of the EU/Champonship which proves evens more disatrous for his country/club but rather than address root causes and failing ministers/managers, he doubles down on them.

I understand Netflix are making one of those docs-series about out medical facilities

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:48 - Oct 4 with 748 viewsCokeIsKey

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:19 - Oct 4 by ElephantintheRoom

I suggest you have a drink with Teddy Bishop's dad in the plough in duxford. You might be surprised with Town's rather unusual approach to injuries.... and then not surprised at the result of this policy.

Care to elaborate?

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:51 - Oct 4 with 742 viewsRyorry

"I’ve been raising this issue on here and other forums for well over three years now "
As have several dozen others Arnie - without ever getting any answers!

Seems we need moles - see the comment re Teddy Bishop's dad ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Permenant Injury Crisis on 12:00 - Oct 4 with 706 viewsBlueBadger

Permenant Injury Crisis on 11:43 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Ah. DaveU is duty 'defend the incompetent, bigoted and corrupt right' man today, I see.

Permenant Injury Crisis on 12:38 - Oct 4 with 671 viewsArnieM

oh blimey , EINTR don't leave there please!! I KNOW somethings not right at this club re injuries , but just cant pin it down. PM if you want. I'm in the clinical trade as they say , and I'm really suspicious of what's going on ...or not as the case may be .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Permenant Injury Crisis on 13:16 - Oct 4 with 620 viewsWickets

Do the family not live in Bar Hill now ?
Permenant Injury Crisis on 13:52 - Oct 4 with 579 viewsCokeIsKey

Permenant Injury Crisis on 13:16 - Oct 4 by Wickets

Do the family not live in Bar Hill now ?

Don’t know about his family but Teddy lives in one of the flats on a fairly nice housing estate called Ninewells - In south Cambridge so not too far from Duxford.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024