Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
only seen MK's goal on SSN 09:16 - Oct 4 with 2426 viewstextbackup

looked to be the man all alone at the back post with weeks of space to control, pick his spot, was that Chambers man?
or was there more to it, and the full build up shows the guilty party? or collectively poor from us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:22 - Oct 4 with 1632 viewsitfcjoe

Looks collectively poor, Kenlock caught upfield so everyone shifts over one - Chambers slips as well which doesn’t help but he’s covering centrally anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:23 - Oct 4 with 1617 viewsBluefish

I expect every goal that we concede this year will put down to Chambers by many fans, see if you can see where Kenlock or Wilson are instead

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:23 - Oct 4 with 1615 viewstextbackup

having now seen more, is chambers man

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:26 - Oct 4 with 1597 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:23 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

I expect every goal that we concede this year will put down to Chambers by many fans, see if you can see where Kenlock or Wilson are instead

not at all. but when the right back has drifted inside leaving his man alone at the far stick it should be called out.

ive seen enough of kenlock to know he's sht.

and Edwards has started the season with a couple of goals and couple of decent games. believe he was poor yesterday, from seeing you mention this 657 times

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:26 - Oct 4 with 1589 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:22 - Oct 4 by itfcjoe

Looks collectively poor, Kenlock caught upfield so everyone shifts over one - Chambers slips as well which doesn’t help but he’s covering centrally anyway

toto looks to be spare to me?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:27 - Oct 4 with 1586 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:23 - Oct 4 by textbackup

having now seen more, is chambers man

Watch the clip again and Chambers is marking the number 9 because he has tucked in due to Wilson and kenlock being absent. This is exactly what he should do and the rm should then drop to cover his man. Madness to pin that goal on Chambers.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:30 - Oct 4 with 1572 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:26 - Oct 4 by textbackup

not at all. but when the right back has drifted inside leaving his man alone at the far stick it should be called out.

ive seen enough of kenlock to know he's sht.

and Edwards has started the season with a couple of goals and couple of decent games. believe he was poor yesterday, from seeing you mention this 657 times

Chambers had another good game with many important blocks in a sh*t show of a team performance. One of few that came out with credit.

Kenlock and Edwards were both 1/10. Judge possibly 2/10

We can focus on the real issues in the team or just keep pinning on certain players.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:34 - Oct 4 with 1559 viewsBrixtonBlue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:30 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Chambers had another good game with many important blocks in a sh*t show of a team performance. One of few that came out with credit.

Kenlock and Edwards were both 1/10. Judge possibly 2/10

We can focus on the real issues in the team or just keep pinning on certain players.

'or just keep pinning on certain players"

Oh, sweet irony.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 1557 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:27 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Watch the clip again and Chambers is marking the number 9 because he has tucked in due to Wilson and kenlock being absent. This is exactly what he should do and the rm should then drop to cover his man. Madness to pin that goal on Chambers.

sorry, but kenlock is out of position, yes. however toto is a spare man and should have been handed the man chambers had, to allow him to deal with incoming man at the back post. as the RB should IMO. poor communication from a few is what im putting it down to.

not pinning it just on him you silly silly man. collectively sounded poor yesterday.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:42 - Oct 4 with 1526 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:35 - Oct 4 by textbackup

sorry, but kenlock is out of position, yes. however toto is a spare man and should have been handed the man chambers had, to allow him to deal with incoming man at the back post. as the RB should IMO. poor communication from a few is what im putting it down to.

not pinning it just on him you silly silly man. collectively sounded poor yesterday.

That isn't how it works though, Wilson has lost it and is out of position. If the player drives away from him into the box Toto has to be across there to stop that so Chambers fills in. A back line has to shift across together. You can't have your full back standing there saying he marked his man while a forward has a free header on the 6 yard box. Ask any coach about the back 4 shifting across and the winger dropping back

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:55 - Oct 4 with 1485 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:42 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

That isn't how it works though, Wilson has lost it and is out of position. If the player drives away from him into the box Toto has to be across there to stop that so Chambers fills in. A back line has to shift across together. You can't have your full back standing there saying he marked his man while a forward has a free header on the 6 yard box. Ask any coach about the back 4 shifting across and the winger dropping back

im fully aware of how shifting across works.

but at no point is that man fully away from Wilson running into the area, requiring toto to be spare in order to dash over to close him down.

the cross comes from out wide. toto is alone, chambers and him are effectively dealing with one man, with another left alone at the far post.

from this I see the following mistakes, IMO

- kenlock out of position
- Wilson not winning his battle
- toto and chambers marking the same man
- the initial cross not cleared from chambers trying to head it, but I think he slips
- man alone at the back post, where I personal feel the RB should have been.

so put away your angry pants im not pinning it all on chambers

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:58 - Oct 4 with 1476 viewsHerbivore

All stemmed from Kenlock being about a mile out of position and everyone then getting pulled over. Sadly Chambers can't be in two places at once.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:01 - Oct 4 with 1458 viewsBrixtonBlue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:58 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

All stemmed from Kenlock being about a mile out of position and everyone then getting pulled over. Sadly Chambers can't be in two places at once.

You'd think Kenlock would've learnt by now. How long have we been saying the phrase "Kenlock out of position"?! I'd be half tempted to play him in a completely different position to see if THAT might get him in the correct position FFS.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:04 - Oct 4 with 1448 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:01 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

You'd think Kenlock would've learnt by now. How long have we been saying the phrase "Kenlock out of position"?! I'd be half tempted to play him in a completely different position to see if THAT might get him in the correct position FFS.

id make his permanent position on the bench for the u23's.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:04 - Oct 4 with 1447 viewspointofblue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 09:58 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Exactly. If Kenlock had been in position each defender would have been in place to mark and it would have been more difficult for the cross to be made.

We have to hope Ward isn’t out for long as Kenlock isn’t the answer to our left back issues. My real concern is he seems to be getting progressively worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:05 - Oct 4 with 1440 viewsHerbivore

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:04 - Oct 4 by pointofblue

Exactly. If Kenlock had been in position each defender would have been in place to mark and it would have been more difficult for the cross to be made.

We have to hope Ward isn’t out for long as Kenlock isn’t the answer to our left back issues. My real concern is he seems to be getting progressively worse.

This is the thing with Kenlock, he's a worse player now than he was as a 17 year old making his debut. I can't see him having a career as a professional footballer once his contract here expires. He's so poor.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:20 - Oct 4 with 1403 viewsBrixtonBlue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:04 - Oct 4 by textbackup

id make his permanent position on the bench for the u23's.

I've seen him for the u23's and he looked one of the stand out players. I'm not sure why he can't bring that into the first team.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:20 - Oct 4 with 1403 viewspointofblue

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:05 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

This is the thing with Kenlock, he's a worse player now than he was as a 17 year old making his debut. I can't see him having a career as a professional footballer once his contract here expires. He's so poor.

The question is what is that down to, if he had natural talent at 17 or at least something which suggested a reasonable career as a footballer, why has that drained away - is it down to a lack of natural development, bad mentality or poor coaching? I guess he may be someone who needs consistent game time to develop and has gone backwards due to a lack of it. Lambert has clearly never seen him as a member of the first XI, with the signings of Elder, Garbutt and Ward during his tenure.

I’ve lost track - when is Nydam due back?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:40 - Oct 4 with 1368 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:20 - Oct 4 by pointofblue

The question is what is that down to, if he had natural talent at 17 or at least something which suggested a reasonable career as a footballer, why has that drained away - is it down to a lack of natural development, bad mentality or poor coaching? I guess he may be someone who needs consistent game time to develop and has gone backwards due to a lack of it. Lambert has clearly never seen him as a member of the first XI, with the signings of Elder, Garbutt and Ward during his tenure.

I’ve lost track - when is Nydam due back?

never back - is my guess.

just how long can one man be injured for?

I simply don't understand this football club

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:42 - Oct 4 with 1359 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:40 - Oct 4 by textbackup

Do you think other clubs would get nydam back sooner? Or are you suggesting other clubs would make his bones stronger?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 10:54]

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:42 - Oct 4 with 1360 viewsBlueBadger

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:40 - Oct 4 by textbackup

Apparently Tom Adeyemi's agent is telling clubs that he'll be fit next month.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:51 - Oct 4 with 1354 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:42 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Do you think other clubs would get nydam back sooner? Or are you suggesting other clubs would make his bones stronger?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 10:54]

you know this isn't specific to one player. i'm talking collectively about maybe 12/15 players over 5/7 years that once injured here just don't recover. appreciate I didn't word it like that, so can see how you were confused.

yes, I do think other clubs would deal with this issue better.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:57 - Oct 4 with 1332 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:51 - Oct 4 by textbackup

you know this isn't specific to one player. i'm talking collectively about maybe 12/15 players over 5/7 years that once injured here just don't recover. appreciate I didn't word it like that, so can see how you were confused.

yes, I do think other clubs would deal with this issue better.

Happens at all clubs though

Waghorn was always fit here but struggles to be fit at Derby. We just see it more at our own club, norwich didn't have any fit centre halves last season.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:10 - Oct 4 with 1319 viewstextbackup

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 10:57 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Happens at all clubs though

Waghorn was always fit here but struggles to be fit at Derby. We just see it more at our own club, norwich didn't have any fit centre halves last season.

they had that godfrey pretty much ever present I believe.

I know you like to go against the grain, so really seems pointless discussing it with you. but 99% of the fan base would agree, there is something wrong at itfc with rehab etc.

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:14 - Oct 4 with 1305 viewsBluefish

only seen MK's goal on SSN on 11:10 - Oct 4 by textbackup

they had that godfrey pretty much ever present I believe.

I know you like to go against the grain, so really seems pointless discussing it with you. but 99% of the fan base would agree, there is something wrong at itfc with rehab etc.

They all made it clear before that it was Mick's training methods. Little Paul the messiah was bringing his new methods from Shrewsbury and fixing it. Next up PRP and his German football methods would sort it but because neither have we have to blame the physios or Marcus. All teams get injuries

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024