Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surprised 11:44 - Oct 4 with 1554 viewsportmanroadblue

No one has mentioned the possible sending off of the MK goalscorer?

Also, how poor the ref was, couple of times we had good tackles pulled up in good positions.

Overall, felt a lot of town players were under par yesterday, Holy, woeful with crosses, Chambers seemed to bottle it against Harvie after the of the ball incident, midfield went missing, poor distribution on numerous occassions, no real urgency or movement from Edwards or Sears when we won the ball back unexpectantly and injuries to Ward and Downes didnt help.

Only real standouts for me was Toto and Hawkins.
Surprised on 12:08 - Oct 4 with 1092 viewsBrixtonBlue

I did.

My position is if something is bad enough that it's worthy of a yellow - but it happens in an off-the-ball incident - then it must be pretty close to a red. I also pithily said that you could bet your bottom dollar it would've been red if it was the other way round, sod's law and all that.

The commentators were wondering if it should've been a red too.

Hard to say without seeing it but the chances must've been very high.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Surprised on 12:25 - Oct 4 with 1060 viewsportmanroadblue

Surprised on 12:08 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

I did.

My position is if something is bad enough that it's worthy of a yellow - but it happens in an off-the-ball incident - then it must be pretty close to a red. I also pithily said that you could bet your bottom dollar it would've been red if it was the other way round, sod's law and all that.

The commentators were wondering if it should've been a red too.

Hard to say without seeing it but the chances must've been very high.

Sorry, must have missed your comment, I think the 4th official brought it to the refs attention, but as you say, if it warrented a card, it had to be red.
Surprised on 12:34 - Oct 4 with 1038 viewsArnieM

.....perhaps that's because a lot of Town fans only want to criticize anything ITFC?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Surprised on 12:39 - Oct 4 with 1033 viewsportmanroadblue

Surprised on 12:34 - Oct 4 by ArnieM

.....perhaps that's because a lot of Town fans only want to criticize anything ITFC?

Sad, but true.
Surprised on 13:07 - Oct 4 with 987 viewsWickets

Quite strange the comments from the MK Commentators thought it could have been a Red,or so i'm told, Suffolk missed it and said Chambo went down unchallenged at first !
Surprised on 13:13 - Oct 4 with 986 viewsPhilTWTD

Surprised on 12:25 - Oct 4 by portmanroadblue

Sorry, must have missed your comment, I think the 4th official brought it to the refs attention, but as you say, if it warrented a card, it had to be red.

The whole incident was hopelessly refereed. I saw Harvie kick Chambers right in front of the dugouts. Referee let play carry on for a minute or so, Nsiala tried to put the ball out of play, Lewington deliberately kept it in at which point the ref decided to blow his whistle for the injury, spoke at length to the fourth official, eventually booked Harvie and awarded us a free-kick. Should definitely have been a red.
Surprised (n/t) on 13:15 - Oct 4 with 969 viewslongtimefan

Surprised on 13:07 - Oct 4 by Wickets

Quite strange the comments from the MK Commentators thought it could have been a Red,or so i'm told, Suffolk missed it and said Chambo went down unchallenged at first !

I was listening to the MK commentary at that point (only found out how to change it later thanks to a post on here) and both commentators were adamant it should have been a red.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 13:17]
Surprised on 13:53 - Oct 4 with 919 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It’s hard to mention or analyse something that no one saw.

No one can say what happened when they didn’t see it on camera.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Surprised on 13:54 - Oct 4 with 917 viewsHerbivore

Surprised on 12:25 - Oct 4 by portmanroadblue

Based on what?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surprised on 14:02 - Oct 4 with 896 viewsSamWhiteUK

Surprised on 13:53 - Oct 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

It’s hard to mention or analyse something that no one saw.

No one can say what happened when they didn’t see it on camera.

Phil said he saw it
Surprised (n/t) on 14:03 - Oct 4 with 895 viewsWickets

Surprised (n/t) on 13:15 - Oct 4 by longtimefan

I was listening to the MK commentary at that point (only found out how to change it later thanks to a post on here) and both commentators were adamant it should have been a red.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 13:17]

Yes my son who was also on the MK commentary said the same .
Surprised on 14:05 - Oct 4 with 890 viewsBrixtonBlue

Surprised on 13:54 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Based on what?

Looks like you've chosen the wrong hill to die on here fella!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Surprised on 14:07 - Oct 4 with 887 viewsPhilTWTD

Surprised on 13:54 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Based on what?

I'm pretty sure deliberately kicking someone off the ball is a red card offence!
Surprised on 14:08 - Oct 4 with 881 viewsDubtractor

Surprised on 14:02 - Oct 4 by SamWhiteUK

Phil said he saw it

I think Phil was probably there, so not relying on the pretty poor camera work. It wasn't shown on camera.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Surprised on 14:08 - Oct 4 with 876 viewsEly_Blue

Surprised on 14:07 - Oct 4 by PhilTWTD

I'm pretty sure deliberately kicking someone off the ball is a red card offence!

Ouch!

As the kids would say “you just got burned” 🔥🔥

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Surprised on 14:08 - Oct 4 with 875 viewsHerbivore

Surprised on 14:07 - Oct 4 by PhilTWTD

Didn't see your post initially. Fair enough if you saw it and that's what happened, but you had people on here calling it a red without seeing it or hearing from anyone that had seen it.

Surprised on 14:10 - Oct 4 with 865 viewsHerbivore

Surprised on 14:05 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Looks like you've chosen the wrong hill to die on here fella!

Yeah, this really doesn't prove your point. You said it was a red without having seen it or listening to anyone who had seen it. You didn't even know it was a kick at the time.

Surprised on 14:11 - Oct 4 with 863 viewsEly_Blue

Surprised on 14:08 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Didn't see your post initially. Fair enough if you saw it and that's what happened, but you had people on here calling it a red without seeing it or hearing from anyone that had seen it.

[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 14:13]

Surprised on 14:11 - Oct 4 with 863 viewsPhilTWTD

Surprised on 14:08 - Oct 4 by Dubtractor

I think Phil was probably there, so not relying on the pretty poor camera work. It wasn't shown on camera.

I think only me and the MK Dons commentator seemed to see it as there were a few asking what had happened in the press box. I just happened to catch it.
Surprised on 14:11 - Oct 4 with 860 viewsHerbivore

Surprised on 14:11 - Oct 4 by Ely_Blue

[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 14:13]

Great contribution.

Surprised on 14:14 - Oct 4 with 845 viewsEly_Blue

Surprised on 14:11 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Great contribution.

Pot-kettle-black. Oh the irony 😂😂😂

Surprised on 14:14 - Oct 4 with 840 viewsBrixtonBlue

Surprised on 14:08 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

As I said to you yesterday, if something's bad enough that it warrants a yellow (i.e. it's deliberate) and it's also off the ball, then there's a very very high chance it should be a red. I can't really think of why it would be a yellow.

You said my view didn't make any sense and I had "lost my head."

I'm going to sit here smugly while I wait for your contrition

Surprised on 14:15 - Oct 4 with 832 viewsBrixtonBlue

Surprised on 14:10 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Yeah, this really doesn't prove your point. You said it was a red without having seen it or listening to anyone who had seen it. You didn't even know it was a kick at the time.

Best to stop digging now champ.

Surprised on 14:21 - Oct 4 with 817 viewsHerbivore

Surprised on 14:14 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

As I said to you yesterday, if something's bad enough that it warrants a yellow (i.e. it's deliberate) and it's also off the ball, then there's a very very high chance it should be a red. I can't really think of why it would be a yellow.

You said my view didn't make any sense and I had "lost my head."

I'm going to sit here smugly while I wait for your contrition

Kicking someone is a red card whether it's off the ball or not. You said it was a red without knowing what happened. That's just silly. If it's as Phil described then it's a red, but you've only just become aware of that information.

Surprised on 14:36 - Oct 4 with 778 viewsBrixtonBlue

Surprised on 14:21 - Oct 4 by Herbivore

Kicking someone is a red card whether it's off the ball or not. You said it was a red without knowing what happened. That's just silly. If it's as Phil described then it's a red, but you've only just become aware of that information.

My point was if it was worthy of a yellow it was worthy of a red, whatever it was. I didn't need to see it to reach that conclusion, and I've been proved right.

What flavour of humble pie would you like? I've got better at cooking since lockdown.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024