Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing 15:16 - Oct 4 with 4325 viewsgtsb1966

I think the next one was Brotherhood of Man but I won't mention that!!
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:18]
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:17 - Oct 4 with 2122 viewsIllinoisblue

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus. From Woolworths.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:22 - Oct 4 with 2105 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:25 - Oct 4 with 2089 viewsRyorry

Also from Woolworths! 4/6d (4 shillings & sixpence for young whippersnappers).
(edit: about 22p I think).

Still love it!
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 17:18]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:25 - Oct 4 with 2094 viewsKeno

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:22 - Oct 4 by GeoffSentence

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:25 - Oct 4 with 2090 viewsWD19

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:17 - Oct 4 by Illinoisblue

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus. From Woolworths.

Something that was probably by some bird out of Eastenders singing some guff from the 99p bin at Woolworths. Would need to do my research to try and work it out.

Edit: was probably Sophie Lawrence doing a Donna Summer cover of Loves Unkind.....but that’s only an educated guess.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:31]
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:28 - Oct 4 with 2074 viewsmonytowbray

Three Lions 96 on cassette.

Come on the football lads.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:32 - Oct 4 with 2069 viewsFtnfwest

Touch too much AC/DC
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:36 - Oct 4 with 2050 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:39 - Oct 4 with 2039 viewsVic

From Andy’s records, Bury St Ed’s
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:40]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:40 - Oct 4 with 2029 viewsandytown

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:36 - Oct 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

Axel F by Harold Faltermeyer
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:41 - Oct 4 with 2023 viewsgtsb1966

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:39 - Oct 4 by Vic

From Andy’s records, Bury St Ed’s
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:40]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Radio 1 ban that for a while .
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:42 - Oct 4 with 2023 viewsWeWereZombies

I think from Boots opposite(ish) the Post Office

[edit] must have cost something like 35p
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:57]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:47 - Oct 4 with 2011 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:50 - Oct 4 with 2002 viewsfactual_blue

Purchased with Christmas record tokens at the record shop on The Pavement, Clapham Common.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:56 - Oct 4 with 1983 viewsnoggin

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:59 - Oct 4 with 1976 viewsWeWereZombies

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:50 - Oct 4 by factual_blue

Purchased with Christmas record tokens at the record shop on The Pavement, Clapham Common.

One of Yusuf Cat Stevens' Desert Island Discs - mainly for John Lennon's 'primal scream after the 'aaaaahhhhs'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:02 - Oct 4 with 1970 viewslongtimefan

Though doesn’t fully satisfy the criteria as it was bought for me at my request. By the time I was actually buying music myself it was either albums on vinyl or cassette
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:03 - Oct 4 with 1968 viewsWarkystache

Musicrafts in Witham - £1.29 so I'd have had to save my pocket money for a few weeks for it. I haven't still got it. I scratched it so it jumped about and I ended up giving it to a Bring and Buy sale.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:04 - Oct 4 with 1967 viewsgtsb1966

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:42 - Oct 4 by WeWereZombies

I think from Boots opposite(ish) the Post Office

[edit] must have cost something like 35p
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:57]

I like that. Never heard it before. I'm listening to a lot of Stoner Rock at the moment so this resonates with me. Thanks.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 16:08]
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:20 - Oct 4 with 1943 viewsVic

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:41 - Oct 4 by gtsb1966

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Radio 1 ban that for a while .

I think that was ‘Love to love you’. Banned due to Summer’s erotic moans during the song.

In my opinion I feel love changed dance music forever - and was one of the first really big synth based hits.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 16:41]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:37 - Oct 4 with 1921 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:37 - Oct 4 with 1924 viewsBlueBadger

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 15:50 - Oct 4 by factual_blue

I'm shocked that it was compatible with one of these.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:49 - Oct 4 with 1901 viewsjaykay

although the b side wasn't to shabby either
i still have that record and it get played all the time on my jukebox

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 16:54 - Oct 4 with 1890 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Recommended by my dad and bought from the local independent record store Olivers which had private listening booths - TWTD.

Sh1t song though.
The first single you ever bought..this could be embarrassing on 17:00 - Oct 4 with 1879 viewsjeera

It's So Easy - Linda Ronstadt. circa. 1977.

Next up, something by the Boomtown Rats no doubt.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024