Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didz 15:49 - Oct 4 with 2761 viewsBent_double

Scored for SU a few mins ago, I'd just switched the radio onto R5L to see what game they were covering, and within a few seconds he'd scored - good goal, apparently.

Anyway, whoever the co-commentator is then went onto say - in a mocking way - '...this is a player that Ipswich "let go", and now he's doing that in the Premier League.'

Annoys me when you get comments like that...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Didz on 15:51 - Oct 4 with 2736 viewsTheBoyBlue

True though.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:52]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Didz on 15:55 - Oct 4 with 2709 viewsStokieBlue

Didz on 15:51 - Oct 4 by TheBoyBlue

True though.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 15:52]

How is it true?

He was out of contract and wanted to leave.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Didz on 15:58 - Oct 4 with 2701 viewsTheBoyBlue

Didz on 15:55 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

How is it true?

He was out of contract and wanted to leave.

SB

It's more the sentiment. The fact that we have just let a player of that quality slope away and that like everybody else who comes here he spent much of his time injured here is one of many things that we are worthy of mockery for.

Didz on 15:58 - Oct 4 with 2701 viewsGarv

Easy thing to say to make it look like you know your stuff about lesser known PL players.

Great finish but how many times has he done that for them either this or last season?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Didz on 16:12 - Oct 4 with 2659 viewsStokieBlue

Didz on 15:58 - Oct 4 by TheBoyBlue

It's more the sentiment. The fact that we have just let a player of that quality slope away and that like everybody else who comes here he spent much of his time injured here is one of many things that we are worthy of mockery for.

That's nonsense.

He wanted to move North. We didn't let him "slope away".

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Didz on 16:18 - Oct 4 with 2638 viewsTheBoyBlue

Didz on 16:12 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

That's nonsense.

He wanted to move North. We didn't let him "slope away".

SB

Fair enough. I still think we let him go too easily and I think that it is something that it is worthy of us being mocked for.

Didz on 16:21 - Oct 4 with 2630 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Didz on 16:18 - Oct 4 by TheBoyBlue

Fair enough. I still think we let him go too easily and I think that it is something that it is worthy of us being mocked for.

Nonsense.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Didz on 16:22 - Oct 4 with 2627 viewsTheBoyBlue

Didz on 16:21 - Oct 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nonsense.

Duly noted.

Login to get fewer ads

Didz on 16:38 - Oct 4 with 2601 viewsBlueBadger

Didz on 15:58 - Oct 4 by Garv

Easy thing to say to make it look like you know your stuff about lesser known PL players.

Great finish but how many times has he done that for them either this or last season?

He must be rubbish, Mick bought him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Didz on 17:07 - Oct 4 with 2567 viewsSamWhiteUK

Didz on 15:58 - Oct 4 by TheBoyBlue

And how could we possibly be mocked for the fact that he was injured a lot here? I know that we don't have great injury records, but were hardly the first club to have a player with a poor injury record have better luck elsewhere
Didz on 19:18 - Oct 4 with 2493 viewsWickets

He's Sheff Utd's top scorer this season .!
Didz on 19:24 - Oct 4 with 2481 viewsChrisd

Are The Blades going to do an us? Have a good first season in the EPL and then get relegated the following year? They made some decent purchases, but it’s just not clicking losing Henderson looks huge for them currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Didz on 19:26 - Oct 4 with 2477 viewsWickets

Also worth saying he is now fully motivated to play as he did say that while he was here under Mick he was too comfortable !
Didz on 19:27 - Oct 4 with 2474 viewsBent_double

Didz on 19:24 - Oct 4 by Chrisd

Are The Blades going to do an us? Have a good first season in the EPL and then get relegated the following year? They made some decent purchases, but it’s just not clicking losing Henderson looks huge for them currently.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wilder is one of the first sackings of the season - Solskjaer might be first now.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Didz on 19:30 - Oct 4 with 2467 viewsSuperblue95

Didz on 19:18 - Oct 4 by Wickets

He's Sheff Utd's top scorer this season .!

I put them in my relegation acca a few weeks ago. Not looking a bad decision so far.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Didz on 20:11 - Oct 4 with 2430 viewsWickets

Didz on 19:30 - Oct 4 by Superblue95

I put them in my relegation acca a few weeks ago. Not looking a bad decision so far.

Looking as though they will struggle to score goals so yes i'm with you good decision .
Didz on 23:32 - Oct 4 with 2370 viewsTheBoyBlue

Didz on 17:07 - Oct 4 by SamWhiteUK

And how could we possibly be mocked for the fact that he was injured a lot here? I know that we don't have great injury records, but were hardly the first club to have a player with a poor injury record have better luck elsewhere

If he was a one-off, maybe...

Didz on 23:40 - Oct 4 with 2359 viewsjeera

Didz on 23:32 - Oct 4 by TheBoyBlue

If he was a one-off, maybe...

Understand your disappointment.

You do seem to be getting a hard time here! It's easy to feel bitter when a quality player leaves in certain circumstances.

Town turned down a lot of money for him a few years ago and in hindsight we should have sold, but there we go, it happens more than we'd like.

Maybe more could have been done to get the most out of him and his fitness levels whilst he was here, but we'll probably never know. Sometimes though it's just bad luck.

I loved him here and wished he could have stayed and performed for us. It wasn't to be.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024