Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well 17:35 - Oct 5 with 3905 viewsAlexGreen

Played every minute for Hull since joining and sitting joint top of the league.

Always seemed like he had the right attitude and while it didn't work out for him here and looked like it was going to get worse when he was released by Bolton, he sounds like he's doing really well at Hull. Good for him.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 17:37 - Oct 5 with 3880 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. One of those who we were right to let go but really gave it his all here and hopefully he has a good career.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 17:58 - Oct 5 with 3776 viewsEl_Fenix

I am pleased but not surprised. IIRC, Rotherham supporters voted him Young Player of the Year when he was sent there on loan a few seasons ago.

Its strange how some players (Kieffer Moore springs to mind ...) are considered rubbish at Portman Road but thrive after they leave.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 18:24 - Oct 5 with 3697 viewsWickets

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 17:58 - Oct 5 by El_Fenix

I am pleased but not surprised. IIRC, Rotherham supporters voted him Young Player of the Year when he was sent there on loan a few seasons ago.

Its strange how some players (Kieffer Moore springs to mind ...) are considered rubbish at Portman Road but thrive after they leave.

In fairness i think that happens quite often a player moves on and it just works out for him .
Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 18:38 - Oct 5 with 3639 viewsjayessess

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 18:24 - Oct 5 by Wickets

In fairness i think that happens quite often a player moves on and it just works out for him .

Can't the remember the last time it worked out for us, rather than against us. Walters maybe?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 18:39]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 18:59 - Oct 5 with 3573 viewsbournemouthblue

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 18:38 - Oct 5 by jayessess

Can't the remember the last time it worked out for us, rather than against us. Walters maybe?

Very few but that's down to bad reinvestment

The Mings, Cresswell and Wickham fees didn't seem to go very far?

Edit: You can throw the Garner, Waghorn and Webster fees into that as well
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 18:59]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 19:02 - Oct 5 with 3559 viewsMatt_Netherlands

McGoldrick was called McGoaldrought by the forest fans before he moved here. Ironically that’s now also worked against us since he moved on!

Waghorn was classed as not good enough by Rangers fans before we signed him, despite having an ok season up there on paper.
Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 19:37 - Oct 5 with 3464 viewsjayessess

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 19:02 - Oct 5 by Matt_Netherlands

McGoldrick was called McGoaldrought by the forest fans before he moved here. Ironically that’s now also worked against us since he moved on!

Waghorn was classed as not good enough by Rangers fans before we signed him, despite having an ok season up there on paper.

Does Didz quite count? Sure Forest weren't interested, but Coventry were the ones who picked him up after that. We just noticed the upswing in performances.

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 20:25 - Oct 5 with 3353 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 19:02 - Oct 5 by Matt_Netherlands

When we signed him he had been scoring goals for fun at Cov.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 20:33 - Oct 5 with 3330 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 19:37 - Oct 5 by jayessess

Does Didz quite count? Sure Forest weren't interested, but Coventry were the ones who picked him up after that. We just noticed the upswing in performances.

We saw what he had done at Coventry and believed in it. Forest had already given up on him. Their fans could not believe he could make it in the Championship. I wonder what they make of him now.

As for Emmanuel and Moore, when they were signed it was on potential that obviously was there. While they were here few, if any, of our fans could see that potential ever being realised but clearly they were raw and the potential was there after all. It also doesn't help that we didn't anticipate needing good League 1 players in the future. We were looking to develop good Championship players while we were at that level.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 20:49 - Oct 5 with 3276 viewsbournemouthblue

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 20:33 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

We saw what he had done at Coventry and believed in it. Forest had already given up on him. Their fans could not believe he could make it in the Championship. I wonder what they make of him now.

As for Emmanuel and Moore, when they were signed it was on potential that obviously was there. While they were here few, if any, of our fans could see that potential ever being realised but clearly they were raw and the potential was there after all. It also doesn't help that we didn't anticipate needing good League 1 players in the future. We were looking to develop good Championship players while we were at that level.

Keiffer Moore was quite the surprise but Josh Emmanuel was always likely to develop into a decent player in the end

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 20:57 - Oct 5 with 3254 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I championed Moore and Emanuel.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 20:58 - Oct 5 with 3247 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 20:57 - Oct 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

I championed Moore and Emanuel.

Bobby and Nurse Gladys?

Have you a link to back that up at all?

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:00 - Oct 5 with 3241 viewsjayessess

We released Emmanuel whilst in League One, so probably remiss of us to imagine we wouldn't need League One standard players, at least temporarily.

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:03 - Oct 5 with 3223 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:00 - Oct 5 by jayessess

We released Emmanuel whilst in League One, so probably remiss of us to imagine we wouldn't need League One standard players, at least temporarily.

I don't believe that at the start of last season it was our intention to be in League 1 this season.

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:13 - Oct 5 with 3204 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 19:37 - Oct 5 by jayessess

Fair point re. Didz. Forgot about his cov spell.

Can I replace that entry with a certain J Magilton? Signed by Sheffield Wednesday for just shy of £2m in 1997, signed for us for about £800k in 1999 after just 30 or so appearances for Wednesday. Think he worked out quite well for us....
Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:21 - Oct 5 with 3187 viewsStNeotsBlue

We didn't sign Emmanuel. He came from the youth team.
I'd have liked to see him get more of a chance at Town.
Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:56 - Oct 5 with 3098 viewsstrikalite

Another doing well is Dominic Iorfa, Sheff Weds player of the season last year, now reports that Watford want him...

He was absolute rubbish here wasn't he?

Eye awful I called him many a time..
Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 22:16 - Oct 5 with 3044 viewsTieDyedIn95

He will probably be back in the Championship before we will, let's be honest.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 23:27 - Oct 5 with 2945 viewsjayessess

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:03 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't believe that at the start of last season it was our intention to be in League 1 this season.

Not a brilliant idea to run a football club on the assumption that all your wishes will definitely come true.

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 23:30 - Oct 5 with 2939 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 23:27 - Oct 5 by jayessess

Not a brilliant idea to run a football club on the assumption that all your wishes will definitely come true.

Nor on an expectation of failure.

I don't think many were arguing we should have hung on to Emmanuel when he left. Yes, he would do a good job at this level I am sure, as will Ward. The important thing is getting the best out of who we have got.

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 09:06 - Oct 6 with 2752 viewsWickets

Garner Waghorne ?
Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 09:10 - Oct 6 with 2745 viewshype313

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 21:13 - Oct 5 by Matt_Netherlands

Fair point re. Didz. Forgot about his cov spell.

Can I replace that entry with a certain J Magilton? Signed by Sheffield Wednesday for just shy of £2m in 1997, signed for us for about £800k in 1999 after just 30 or so appearances for Wednesday. Think he worked out quite well for us....

That's a great shout.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 11:15 - Oct 6 with 2634 viewsGarv

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 23:30 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think many were arguing we should have hung on to Emmanuel when he left. Yes, he would do a good job at this level I am sure, as will Ward. The important thing is getting the best out of who we have got.

Also, if KVY was fit I doubt we'd be having this conversation.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 11:24 - Oct 6 with 2621 viewsjayessess

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 23:30 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Part of the job of a good coaching team is to assess players' abilities more thoroughly than us ordinary mugs can based on occasional first team appearances. If you often find yourself regularly releasing footballers at Emmanuel's age and watch them go on to be more successful for other clubs, you're not doing it very well.

It's one thing to let Nick Pope go aged 16 and then for him to exceed your expectations of him, quite another to release Conor Hourihane aged 20 and Jack Marriott, age 21. The former is about unpredictable things, the latter about your inability to discern or develop potential.

Good to see Josh Emmanuel doing well on 17:12 - Oct 6 with 2487 viewspatrickswell

It was peak Paul Hurst that having taken a job in which he was expected to work with the club’s young players, he re-loaned out Emmanuel who had helped deprive his Shrewsbury team of promotion and replaced him with Donacien who had, unlike Emmanuel, never played in the Championship and had played at a lower level than Emmanuel had done during the previous season.

God, I despise that idiotic gnome!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024