Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Permafrost and climate change 00:17 - Oct 6 with 913 viewsmonytowbray

https://graphics.reuters.com/CLIMATE-CHANGE/PERMAFROST/oakveelglvr/

Great piece of interactive content. Awful news though mind you.

I feel like people are having these discussions more recently though which is good.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Permafrost and climate change on 00:21 - Oct 6 with 891 viewsSpruceMoose

Same as with BLM. If you aren't onboard by now, fook off, we will do it without you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Permafrost and climate change on 00:31 - Oct 6 with 879 viewsBlueBadger

Permafrost and climate change on 00:21 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

Same as with BLM. If you aren't onboard by now, fook off, we will do it without you.

Yes, but some lefties were RUDE to someone who was only making a very racist joke.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Permafrost and climate change on 00:41 - Oct 6 with 877 viewsSpruceMoose

Permafrost and climate change on 00:31 - Oct 6 by BlueBadger

Yes, but some lefties were RUDE to someone who was only making a very racist joke.

Well quite. The real problems today (according to some folks with more farts than brains) is that people like me don't listen to the Very Real Concerns of racists, homophobes and climate deniers.

Their big brainered but somewhat provincial theory goes that by not listing to their racism, homophobia and climate denial I somehow make them even more racist, homophobic, and in denial about our impending environmental doom!

So, sorry lads, it's all my fault.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 0:47]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Permafrost and climate change on 00:57 - Oct 6 with 866 viewsmonytowbray

Permafrost and climate change on 00:41 - Oct 6 by SpruceMoose

Well quite. The real problems today (according to some folks with more farts than brains) is that people like me don't listen to the Very Real Concerns of racists, homophobes and climate deniers.

Their big brainered but somewhat provincial theory goes that by not listing to their racism, homophobia and climate denial I somehow make them even more racist, homophobic, and in denial about our impending environmental doom!

So, sorry lads, it's all my fault.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 0:47]

When will the left learn? - LowhouseBlue 2020

TWTD never forgets…

Permafrost and climate change on 01:18 - Oct 6 with 852 viewsSpruceMoose

Permafrost and climate change on 00:57 - Oct 6 by monytowbray

When will the left learn? - LowhouseBlue 2020

"Blair had the right idea"

Permafrost and climate change on 06:22 - Oct 6 with 747 viewsdickie

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/smallpox-siberia-return-climate-change

Just happened to read this yesterday
Permafrost and climate change on 11:29 - Oct 6 with 653 viewsWeWereZombies

So much of the land affected is in Russia, to persuade them to act means Russia will want something in return - and the rest of the World will, more or less, have to hand it over. Who is in the White House and why is becoming more irrelevant by the day, the real power lies elsewhere.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Permafrost and climate change on 11:49 - Oct 6 with 642 viewshampstead_blue

Permafrost and climate change on 11:29 - Oct 6 by WeWereZombies

So much of the land affected is in Russia, to persuade them to act means Russia will want something in return - and the rest of the World will, more or less, have to hand it over. Who is in the White House and why is becoming more irrelevant by the day, the real power lies elsewhere.

You've nailed one of the biggest problems with dealing with climate change. "What's in it for me?".....said Putin, China, India, everyone......

I've not go the answer other than threatening them with a week locked in a cabin with Greta...that's a joke before anyone spits out their lentils......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Permafrost and climate change on 11:58 - Oct 6 with 636 viewsSpruceMoose

Permafrost and climate change on 11:49 - Oct 6 by hampstead_blue

You've nailed one of the biggest problems with dealing with climate change. "What's in it for me?".....said Putin, China, India, everyone......

I've not go the answer other than threatening them with a week locked in a cabin with Greta...that's a joke before anyone spits out their lentils......

Hilarious.

Permafrost and climate change on 12:36 - Oct 6 with 615 viewsClapham_Junction

What's in it for India? Stopping much of the country becoming uninhabitable by the end of this century is probably reasonably high up their agenda.

One of the reasons emissions from China are so high is that they make so much of the world's stuff. We have exported much of our manufacturing emissions to them.

Even so, the Chinese government is doing something about it and has set a net zero target of 2060.
Permafrost and climate change on 12:39 - Oct 6 with 612 viewscvillageblue

Thanks for that - never thought I'd pick up a teaching tool on the TWTD message board!!

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Permafrost and climate change on 12:44 - Oct 6 with 600 viewsDanTheMan

Permafrost and climate change on 12:36 - Oct 6 by Clapham_Junction

What's in it for India? Stopping much of the country becoming uninhabitable by the end of this century is probably reasonably high up their agenda.

One of the reasons emissions from China are so high is that they make so much of the world's stuff. We have exported much of our manufacturing emissions to them.

Even so, the Chinese government is doing something about it and has set a net zero target of 2060.

Also their per-person usage is way below ours. They emit a lot because they have a lot of people.

China similarly are bad for this reason, although they are much worse than India.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Permafrost and climate change on 13:15 - Oct 6 with 579 viewsmonytowbray

HAMSTER: “Last time I said stuff like this in a climate change thread I got torn apart and got proven undoubtedly wrong by the facts.”

ALSO HAMSTER: “I know, I’ll it again!”

The longer this stuff drags on the more I start to suspect you are a troll account.

TWTD never forgets…

Permafrost and climate change on 15:07 - Oct 6 with 547 viewsBlueBadger

Permafrost and climate change on 12:39 - Oct 6 by cvillageblue

Thanks for that - never thought I'd pick up a teaching tool on the TWTD message board!!

There's plenty of tools on TWTD that we can learn important lessons from...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Permafrost and climate change on 15:21 - Oct 6 with 536 viewsWeWereZombies

You have completely missed the point of what I said. The consequence of other nations continuing with social and commercial operations that contribute to man made climate change will be to strengthen Russia immeasurably. What Russia does or does not do about climate change per capita is, due to their relatively low population, almost unimportant except for the consequences of melting permafrost in Siberia, some flooding and the risk of crop failures. These are problems but on a far smaller scale than practically every other nation will be suffering in the very near future.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024