Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) 11:18 - Oct 6 with 1286 viewsDinnernotTea

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 11:33 - Oct 6 with 1279 viewsDanTheMan

Nice to see them rallying around the lower leagues to help them in a time of need.

And by that I mean trying to blackmail them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 11:41 - Oct 6 with 1249 viewsKieran_Knows

Virus? What virus?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 11:44 - Oct 6 with 1247 viewssundaze

Last evening on Sky sports they were talking about Loftus-Cheek and a possible loan move to Fulham. The stumbling block were his wages,,,,,£150,000 per week at Chelsea!
Unsurprisingly Fulham said they were only willing to pay half that amount. Last I heard was that unless Chelsea made up the difference, he would stay where he was with little prospect of first team football.

The Premier league, it really is fantasy football.
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 11:57 - Oct 6 with 1208 viewspointofblue

£45m paid by Arsenal for Partey yet they’re so cash strapped they had to let backroom staff and their mascot go. My heart bleeds for them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:04 - Oct 6 with 1183 viewsMattinLondon

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 11:33 - Oct 6 by DanTheMan

Nice to see them rallying around the lower leagues to help them in a time of need.

And by that I mean trying to blackmail them.

Did anyone really expect anything else? The PL is a powerful bully and when you ask a powerful bully for help you get screwed.
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:23 - Oct 6 with 1138 viewsDanTheMan

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:04 - Oct 6 by MattinLondon

Did anyone really expect anything else? The PL is a powerful bully and when you ask a powerful bully for help you get screwed.

Oh no, just nice to see suspicious of just how awful they are confirmed.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:23 - Oct 6 with 1138 viewsScuzzer

And they will be good enough to give the EFL the grand some of £50m.
Sick.

Established 1968

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:31 - Oct 6 with 1111 viewsPrideOfTheEast

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:04 - Oct 6 by MattinLondon

Have to be honest, and I don't know the detail, but it can't be a surprise to anybody that they're seemingly not willing to save the football league. I'm on the same page as Steve Parish - why would they?

Just cements the view that the PL should never have been allowed to detach itself from the rest of English football. But regardless, so few clubs could prove themselves to be financially viable which makes it quite difficult to attract any sort of investment (public or private). I think it's down to the government to weigh up whether they want to step in, and I can see arguments for and against that.
Login to get fewer ads

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:35 - Oct 6 with 1086 viewsBloomBlue

Good for them, any club in the Prem would spent lots of money
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:40 - Oct 6 with 1080 viewsMattinLondon

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 12:31 - Oct 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Have to be honest, and I don't know the detail, but it can't be a surprise to anybody that they're seemingly not willing to save the football league. I'm on the same page as Steve Parish - why would they?

Just cements the view that the PL should never have been allowed to detach itself from the rest of English football. But regardless, so few clubs could prove themselves to be financially viable which makes it quite difficult to attract any sort of investment (public or private). I think it's down to the government to weigh up whether they want to step in, and I can see arguments for and against that.

Childishly, I just want Palace to get relegated now to find out how quickly Parish would change his tune.
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 13:04 - Oct 6 with 1026 viewsBasuco

and half of that will go to agents, players and managers to make those deals happen and not to football clubs, that is why much of English football is in such a dire financial mess.
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 14:22 - Oct 6 with 927 viewsPilgrimblue

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 13:04 - Oct 6 by Basuco

and half of that will go to agents, players and managers to make those deals happen and not to football clubs, that is why much of English football is in such a dire financial mess.

Quite agree.

I'd regulate agents so everyone knows who they are and what they take. Also I'd say to players, you want an agent then you pay him out of your earnings. Plus I'd find some tax on agents fees as many don't pay a penny.

Getting back to Prem funding EFL. If they wont make a decent contribution then put a tax on all transfers say 10%. That should be enough!

And while I'm at it, ban all loans between clubs in same division. Maybe then Prem clubs will think twice before signing too many like Chelsea!!
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 16:29 - Oct 6 with 868 viewsKeaneish

...whilst 5 million children in the UK currently live below a poverty line.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 17:41 - Oct 6 with 808 viewsDouble_Dutch

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 14:22 - Oct 6 by Pilgrimblue

Quite agree.

I'd regulate agents so everyone knows who they are and what they take. Also I'd say to players, you want an agent then you pay him out of your earnings. Plus I'd find some tax on agents fees as many don't pay a penny.

Getting back to Prem funding EFL. If they wont make a decent contribution then put a tax on all transfers say 10%. That should be enough!

And while I'm at it, ban all loans between clubs in same division. Maybe then Prem clubs will think twice before signing too many like Chelsea!!

The sport that we all love is very much in danger from the lack of paying customers attending games and the complete disconnect between the money in the Premier League as opposed to the EFL.

How many people can honestly say, that they enjoy watching the majority of currently televised games without the atmosphere generated by the grounds being filled with a passionate and vociferous crowd. IMO the games resemble nothing more than training sessions.

This is an ideal time for the EFL to make a stand against the Premier League and completely detach itself from its tentacles. There should be no further promotion or relegation from the Premier League. The Premier League would only be permitted to buy and sell players to and from any EFL clubs with no loans being permitted between the leagues. This would also cover third party interests, for example the Pozzo family at Watford, where the player is purchased by say Udinese, loaned back to the EFL and ultimately when deemed at the required standard purchased by a then Premier League Watford from Udinese. There would no longer be any relevance to Cat 1 academies and, the ridiculous ability to snap up any prospect from clubs without this status. The Premier League teams would not be invited to participate in either the FA or League cups, thus rendering it, league games only for the majority of its members. Once the top 6 to 8 clubs dictate the league and have European interests to play for, how long before the weaker clubs and their supporters get tired of nothing to play for and stadiums begin to empty? The television sales package would become less desirable to the paying customer with so many dead rubbers and no atmosphere at games.

The EFL could be expanded to invite the Scottish clubs within a national pyramid system, also competing within the cup competitions. The EFL could approach UEFA to discuss the possibility of the League 1 (which should always be the top league) top positions gaining entry into European competitions. The leagues would become more competitive retaining the excitement of promotion, relegation and cup games, therefore providing a far more attractive sales package to prospective network suppliers.

The introduction of Scottish teams should not impact on the Scottish national team to retain its independent status and voting rights, as Wales have not lost this whilst still providing club teams that currently compete within the current pyramid system.

Its radical, which is perhaps what is required and obviously needs far more thought and consideration, but just initial thoughts, as one thing is certain, football in this country cannot continue in its current format.
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 20:30 - Oct 6 with 733 viewsPilgrimblue

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 17:41 - Oct 6 by Double_Dutch

The sport that we all love is very much in danger from the lack of paying customers attending games and the complete disconnect between the money in the Premier League as opposed to the EFL.

How many people can honestly say, that they enjoy watching the majority of currently televised games without the atmosphere generated by the grounds being filled with a passionate and vociferous crowd. IMO the games resemble nothing more than training sessions.

This is an ideal time for the EFL to make a stand against the Premier League and completely detach itself from its tentacles. There should be no further promotion or relegation from the Premier League. The Premier League would only be permitted to buy and sell players to and from any EFL clubs with no loans being permitted between the leagues. This would also cover third party interests, for example the Pozzo family at Watford, where the player is purchased by say Udinese, loaned back to the EFL and ultimately when deemed at the required standard purchased by a then Premier League Watford from Udinese. There would no longer be any relevance to Cat 1 academies and, the ridiculous ability to snap up any prospect from clubs without this status. The Premier League teams would not be invited to participate in either the FA or League cups, thus rendering it, league games only for the majority of its members. Once the top 6 to 8 clubs dictate the league and have European interests to play for, how long before the weaker clubs and their supporters get tired of nothing to play for and stadiums begin to empty? The television sales package would become less desirable to the paying customer with so many dead rubbers and no atmosphere at games.

The EFL could be expanded to invite the Scottish clubs within a national pyramid system, also competing within the cup competitions. The EFL could approach UEFA to discuss the possibility of the League 1 (which should always be the top league) top positions gaining entry into European competitions. The leagues would become more competitive retaining the excitement of promotion, relegation and cup games, therefore providing a far more attractive sales package to prospective network suppliers.

The introduction of Scottish teams should not impact on the Scottish national team to retain its independent status and voting rights, as Wales have not lost this whilst still providing club teams that currently compete within the current pyramid system.

Its radical, which is perhaps what is required and obviously needs far more thought and consideration, but just initial thoughts, as one thing is certain, football in this country cannot continue in its current format.

Radical yes but necessary if it is to survive. Plus I'm sick and tired of media only focusing on Prem especially Talksport/Sky/BBC which disrespects millions of fans up and down the UK who support other teams,
£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 21:01 - Oct 6 with 701 viewsOldsmoker

£1.2bn spent by Prem clubs this summer. £1.2bn. (n/t) on 16:29 - Oct 6 by Keaneish

...whilst 5 million children in the UK currently live below a poverty line.

This is a football thread.
...but as your comment is vitally significant in these hard times I'll allow it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024