Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes out for "a few months" 21:23 - Oct 6 with 2982 viewsScottCandage

[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 21:23]
Downes out for on 13:25 - Oct 7 with 391 viewsEl_Fenix

Downes out for on 07:08 - Oct 7 by hype313

But Watson said it doesn't require surgery, which would indicate that it isn't a torn ACL as that would require surgery

I was told that a ruptured ACL is a complete tear that always requires surgery. A torn ACL is a partial rupture, i.e. a tear that is less than 100%. Tears can stabilize without surgery, but leave the knee weaker. This is what happened in my case. Doctors told me that if I were a professional athlete, they would have performed surgery in order to achieve a fuller recovery.

Adding two and two together, perhaps making five, I suspect that Flynn Downes has a minor ACL tear that at this point may or may not require surgery.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Downes out for on 16:03 - Oct 7 with 353 viewsPhilTWTD

Downes out for on 13:25 - Oct 7 by El_Fenix

I was told that a ruptured ACL is a complete tear that always requires surgery. A torn ACL is a partial rupture, i.e. a tear that is less than 100%. Tears can stabilize without surgery, but leave the knee weaker. This is what happened in my case. Doctors told me that if I were a professional athlete, they would have performed surgery in order to achieve a fuller recovery.

Adding two and two together, perhaps making five, I suspect that Flynn Downes has a minor ACL tear that at this point may or may not require surgery.

Paul Lambert said last night that it wouldn't need surgery. He didn't outline the injury in any depth but would surprise me if it was an ACL tear as that would certainly need surgery. I'm guessing it's a more minor ligament injury given the two/three-month absence which was outlined by PL last night.
Downes out for on 17:37 - Oct 7 with 305 viewsArnieM

Downes out for on 16:03 - Oct 7 by PhilTWTD

Paul Lambert said last night that it wouldn't need surgery. He didn't outline the injury in any depth but would surprise me if it was an ACL tear as that would certainly need surgery. I'm guessing it's a more minor ligament injury given the two/three-month absence which was outlined by PL last night.

I suspect it’s more likely to me a medical collateral ligament with the potential of some meniscus involvement. Which would make 2-3 months feasible and not necessarily needing surgery.

Cant say I’ve heard or come across a partial tear of an ACL in my job. It normally goes fully , in which case he’d be out close to a year.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Downes out for on 18:12 - Oct 7 with 291 viewsPhilTWTD

Downes out for on 17:37 - Oct 7 by ArnieM

I suspect it’s more likely to me a medical collateral ligament with the potential of some meniscus involvement. Which would make 2-3 months feasible and not necessarily needing surgery.

Cant say I’ve heard or come across a partial tear of an ACL in my job. It normally goes fully , in which case he’d be out close to a year.

Sounds about right to me. I had a search for 'knee injury three months football' and an injury along those lines for Kevin de Bruyne popped up first.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/17/kevin-de-bruyne-three-months-kne
Downes out for on 18:16 - Oct 7 with 288 viewsEl_Fenix

Downes out for on 16:03 - Oct 7 by PhilTWTD

I sincerely hope that you are correct - and on further reflection, think that you probably are.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Downes out for on 20:52 - Oct 7 with 249 viewsRyorry

Downes out for on 17:37 - Oct 7 by ArnieM

Are you a professional medic Arnie? (feel free to PM, or not answer at all!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024