Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£5k fine 21:59 - Oct 6 with 2243 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

£5k fine on 22:00 - Oct 6 with 1950 viewsStokieBlue

I doubt he cares at all.

Are you honestly suggesting we should base our team selection around not getting 5k fine?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

£5k fine on 22:04 - Oct 6 with 1922 viewsBryanPlug

£5k fine on 22:00 - Oct 6 by StokieBlue

I doubt he cares at all.

Are you honestly suggesting we should base our team selection around not getting 5k fine?

SB

[content removed at owner's request]

£5k fine on 22:07 - Oct 6 with 1893 viewsHipsterectomy

Think you get £10k a win in this competition so a £5k profit for a game nobody wanted isn't the end of the world tbh

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

£5k fine on 22:07 - Oct 6 with 1887 viewspointofblue

£5k fine on 22:04 - Oct 6 by BryanPlug

I guess Lambert would have cleared this with Evans or e en offered for it to come out of his wage.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

£5k fine on 22:09 - Oct 6 with 1871 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In the scheme of things £5k is neither here nor there.

We shouldn't be making a team selection based on saving £5k.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

£5k fine on 22:33 - Oct 6 with 1776 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I'd imagine Lambert would pay the fine himself.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The Save £5k Lineup on 22:34 - Oct 6 with 1776 viewsScottCandage

Holy

Donacien/Baggott/Woolfy/Ndaba

Dozzell/Dobra/Nolan

Lankester/Jackson/Sears

Bench: Cornell, Nsiala, McGuinness, Bishop, Edwards, Drinan, Hawkins
£5k fine on 22:35 - Oct 6 with 1772 viewsStokieBlue

You're absolutely barking.

The team should be picked on merit, not based on escaping what is in reality a tiny fine.

I'm amazed you are even suggesting it, let alone think it's irresponsible not to do it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

£5k fine on 22:43 - Oct 6 with 1752 viewsBryanPlug

£5k fine on 22:35 - Oct 6 by StokieBlue

You're absolutely barking.

The team should be picked on merit, not based on escaping what is in reality a tiny fine.

I'm amazed you are even suggesting it, let alone think it's irresponsible not to do it.

SB

£5k fine on 22:52 - Oct 6 with 1717 viewsPhilTWTD

Goalkeepers don't count. On the upside, we earned £10,000 for winning the tie in 90 minutes.
£5k fine on 22:56 - Oct 6 with 1695 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

£5k fine on 22:52 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

Goalkeepers don't count. On the upside, we earned £10,000 for winning the tie in 90 minutes.

Touch. £5k fine tonight, £5k on the next game against Crawley.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

£5k fine on 22:57 - Oct 6 with 1695 viewsNthsuffolkblue

But Cornell has earnt his place by keeping a clean sheet against Gillingham reserves whereas Holy conceded last match. In fact, on Plug's logic and never change a winning side we will have tonight's team start on Saturday!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

£5k fine on 23:15 - Oct 6 with 1638 viewsPhilTWTD

£5k fine on 22:57 - Oct 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

But Cornell has earnt his place by keeping a clean sheet against Gillingham reserves whereas Holy conceded last match. In fact, on Plug's logic and never change a winning side we will have tonight's team start on Saturday!

Certainly think Cornell's performance tonight was better than Holy's on Saturday, although he had only one real save to make that I can recall. Holy's probably not going to lose his place after one poor game.
£5k fine on 23:20 - Oct 6 with 1610 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's ridiculous. About 6 or 7 of that lot have a first team experience, including a few regulars and a few more who have been regulars in the squad over the last year or two.

I love the cups, but this has been turned into a joke of one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£5k fine on 01:22 - Oct 7 with 1503 viewspointofblue

£5k fine on 23:15 - Oct 6 by PhilTWTD

Certainly think Cornell's performance tonight was better than Holy's on Saturday, although he had only one real save to make that I can recall. Holy's probably not going to lose his place after one poor game.

Cornell earned more of a right after the Fulham game but Holy had a better match before that than Saturday’s game. I’d be surprised if Lambert switches them around at this stage.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

£5k fine on 02:35 - Oct 7 with 1487 viewsgainsboroughblue

I tell you what is mad.

Its the very notion that the football authorities have the audacity to fine a club for apparently devaluing a competition that has already been devalued by allowing Premier League clubs to field players of the exact squad status that we do in a competition that we don't even particularly want to be part of.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

£5k fine on 03:25 - Oct 7 with 1456 viewsjeera

£5k fine on 02:35 - Oct 7 by gainsboroughblue

I tell you what is mad.

Its the very notion that the football authorities have the audacity to fine a club for apparently devaluing a competition that has already been devalued by allowing Premier League clubs to field players of the exact squad status that we do in a competition that we don't even particularly want to be part of.

I've never understood the issue with this anyway.

All professional footballers on the books and a club should be allowed to use its own squad as it sees damn well fit.

It makes no sense being told how to use your own squad.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

£5k fine on 07:25 - Oct 7 with 1353 viewsBryanPlug

£5k fine on 08:07 - Oct 7 with 1274 viewssundaze

£5k fine on 23:20 - Oct 6 by Swansea_Blue

It's ridiculous. About 6 or 7 of that lot have a first team experience, including a few regulars and a few more who have been regulars in the squad over the last year or two.

I love the cups, but this has been turned into a joke of one.

Agree. Last seasons final still not played.

Why should any club be fined if the team that is picked wins the game. Especially at a time when EFL clubs are struggling to keep afloat.
£5k fine on 08:08 - Oct 7 with 1270 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£5k fine on 22:43 - Oct 6 by BryanPlug

Last nights match was effectively a reserve team fixture, like in the old days. And should be treated as such.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

£5k fine on 09:08 - Oct 7 with 1191 viewsWickets

I'm a long way from being an expert on who qualifies and who does not but even if only for this season these regulations make no sense at all . I mean the powers that be should be helping youngsters get game time not hindering their development .
£5k fine on 09:11 - Oct 7 with 1176 viewsMetal_Hacker

£5k fine on 09:08 - Oct 7 by Wickets

I'm a long way from being an expert on who qualifies and who does not but even if only for this season these regulations make no sense at all . I mean the powers that be should be helping youngsters get game time not hindering their development .

But then in the same breath ,they invite the Prem teams to involve their "youngsters"

Couldn't make it up

Poll: If it were one or the other

£5k fine on 09:36 - Oct 7 with 1145 viewsusm

Shows how ineffective such fines are. If we break the rules we should be thrown out of the competition. But Lambert would no doubt take that. We just need to get on with it and stop whingeing - several young players gained decent experience from the game, and we won, with another clean sheet. All good as far as I'm concerned. Om we go.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

£5k fine on 09:40 - Oct 7 with 1137 viewsPhilTWTD

£5k fine on 01:22 - Oct 7 by pointofblue

Cornell earned more of a right after the Fulham game but Holy had a better match before that than Saturday’s game. I’d be surprised if Lambert switches them around at this stage.

Agree, but if Holy has another wobbly game I think he might well consider it as Cornell has done all that's been asked of him in his games.
£5k fine on 10:19 - Oct 7 with 1072 viewsclive_baker

Surely the fine should only apply to clubs that both fail to meet the criteria AND lose the game in question? We won 2-0 FFS, surely that suggests we took it sufficiently seriously and had more than a strong enough side out?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024