Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. 18:52 - Oct 7 with 1699 viewsPinewoodblue

We have never had a lock down and we don't have a curfew. You have to stay in when a curfew is in force, not forced out onto the streets.

Closing Pubs at 10pm is pointless if you can still buy alcohol in a shop and roam the streets.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 19:21 - Oct 7 with 1404 viewsStokieBlue

Perhaps you could also ask people who don't want restrictions to stop comparing C19 to the flu?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:44 - Oct 7 with 1331 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 19:21 - Oct 7 by StokieBlue

Perhaps you could also ask people who don't want restrictions to stop comparing C19 to the flu?

SB

Neither Trump nor Paz would listen to me, they are beyond redemption.

2023 year of destiny

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:46 - Oct 7 with 1328 viewsElderGrizzly

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 19:21 - Oct 7 by StokieBlue

SB

I saw Trump try to do this yesterday.

In just 6 months, Covid has killed more people than 5 years of flu in the USA
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:53 - Oct 7 with 1318 viewsBlueBadger

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:46 - Oct 7 by ElderGrizzly

The last truly massive flu outbreak we had in 2010, of swine flu saw 138 deaths in the UK.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/swine-flu-deaths-examined/
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 20:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:58 - Oct 7 with 1310 viewsjeera

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:46 - Oct 7 by ElderGrizzly

I know we all keep repeating ourselves and I bore myself sometimes.

But I also wish that people would not just focus on death rates alone and would consider too their own (and that of others) long-term health.

Libs is a young man in his prime and he was struggling months after contracting C-19. I am still having breathing difficulties at times months after suffering a long-term cough etc.

Surely if a young budding sportsperson catches it then it really could be a life-changer for them. You can't run if you can't breathe. There must be so many potential consequences from catching the bloody thing that it must be at least worth people all doing the best they possibly can.

I don't know how much definite research is available concerning long-term effects in young people. Maybe the average 19 y/o won't suffer any health consequences. I have started to mentally switch off quite a lot now whenever I hear the subject.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:03 - Oct 7 with 1302 viewsBlueBadger

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:58 - Oct 7 by jeera

But I also wish that people would not just focus on death rates alone and would consider too their own (and that of others) long-term health.

Libs is a young man in his prime and he was struggling months after contracting C-19. I am still having breathing difficulties at times months after suffering a long-term cough etc.

Surely if a young budding sportsperson catches it then it really could be a life-changer for them. You can't run if you can't breathe. There must be so many potential consequences from catching the bloody thing that it must be at least worth people all doing the best they possibly can.

I don't know how much definite research is available concerning long-term effects in young people. Maybe the average 19 y/o won't suffer any health consequences. I have started to mentally switch off quite a lot now whenever I hear the subject.

I've had it. I'm left with an ongoing, niggling, persistent cough and intermittent chest tightness. On top of that, you do NOT want to know what my anxiety dreams look like having seen what I've seen professionally.

Frankly, f*ck people like Paz.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 21:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:13 - Oct 7 with 1280 viewsjeera

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:03 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

I've had it. I'm left with an ongoing, niggling, persistent cough and intermittent chest tightness. On top of that, you do NOT want to know what my anxiety dreams look like having seen what I've seen professionally.

I had to cancel a few things for early March when my cough started. A couple of hospital procedures, one overnight stay, and the person I spoke to didn't like my cough and put a nurse on the phone.

The nurse was audibly concerned and asked me to call 111, which I did. They got a doctor to call me back for an over the phone consultation, as it were.

He didn't like it either but said the only way to find out was to go to West Suffolk A&E which he also advised against. At the time, he said, "if you haven't got it then with the state of your chest I don't want you anywhere near it."

He told me to sit it out if I could but to call them if I became too ill. So that's what I did. Coughed consisitantly for 3 months and now pant and puff just walking up the lane and back.

So I can see how difficult it must be for much older people; it must be horrific. But I wonder if it affects younger people the same way but perhaps only less severe.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 21:14]

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:20 - Oct 7 with 1263 viewsBlueBadger

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:13 - Oct 7 by jeera

I had to cancel a few things for early March when my cough started. A couple of hospital procedures, one overnight stay, and the person I spoke to didn't like my cough and put a nurse on the phone.

The nurse was audibly concerned and asked me to call 111, which I did. They got a doctor to call me back for an over the phone consultation, as it were.

He didn't like it either but said the only way to find out was to go to West Suffolk A&E which he also advised against. At the time, he said, "if you haven't got it then with the state of your chest I don't want you anywhere near it."

He told me to sit it out if I could but to call them if I became too ill. So that's what I did. Coughed consisitantly for 3 months and now pant and puff just walking up the lane and back.

So I can see how difficult it must be for much older people; it must be horrific. But I wonder if it affects younger people the same way but perhaps only less severe.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 21:14]

I've seen people in their 30's in the same state(and worse) as you. Youngest person I personally witnessed dying was 51.

And it was an awful, drawn out thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:24 - Oct 7 with 1256 viewsjeera

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:20 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

I've seen people in their 30's in the same state(and worse) as you. Youngest person I personally witnessed dying was 51.

And it was an awful, drawn out thing.

Dreadful. I remember reading your blog[s] at the time.

Informative stuff which one or two who weren't using the forum at the time could have done with reading.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:26 - Oct 7 with 1247 viewsElderGrizzly

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 20:58 - Oct 7 by jeera

I agree with you. It was more a riposte at the it’s less dangerous than flu brigade.
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:26 - Oct 7 with 1257 viewsBlueBadger

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:24 - Oct 7 by jeera

Dreadful. I remember reading your blog[s] at the time.

Informative stuff which one or two who weren't using the forum at the time could have done with reading.

I fear you're expecting a lot of these people to actually develop some kind of empathy and sense of community.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:31 - Oct 7 with 1238 viewsjeera

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:26 - Oct 7 by ElderGrizzly

I agree with you. It was more a riposte at the it’s less dangerous than flu brigade.

Oh my post wasn't aimed at yours, more like tagged on.

Yes, I get extremely irritated by ignorant comparisons which are still being repeated despite it being so late in the day.

It's been months and a number of people haven't been listening at all.

We really had a chance to knock this thing back a bit and failed miserably.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:40 - Oct 7 with 1208 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:03 - Oct 7 by BlueBadger

That last sentence would be a nightmare.

There was a young doctor on Sky news earlier today. She had Covid last March. A couple of months later she started getting other health problems, including pain in her feet so much so that the distance she can walk is decreasing all the time. She is currently awaiting an examination of her spinal cord . We just don't know the full extent of ongoing complications which are likely to be with people for the rest of their life. Long-covid clearly takes many forms. This doesn't just impact on the old.

2023 year of destiny

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:45 - Oct 7 with 1191 viewsBluesquid

Post viral illness is not a new phenomena.

Just look at all of those around the world suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalomyelitis which many attribute to a viral infection.

The CDC estimates as many as 17-24 million people worldwide have ME/CFS.
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:51 - Oct 7 with 1175 viewsDyland

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:45 - Oct 7 by Bluesquid

Just look at all of those around the world suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalomyelitis which many attribute to a viral infection.

Indeed, and here's a new super virulent zoonotic disease that triggers this kind of stuff. Possibly/probably/likely.

Not sure what your point is. No one on these threads urging caution and that CV19 is taken very seriously is suggesting these are new phenomena.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:01 - Oct 7 with 1140 viewsBluesquid

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:51 - Oct 7 by Dyland

Indeed, and here's a new super virulent zoonotic disease that triggers this kind of stuff. Possibly/probably/likely.

Not sure what your point is. No one on these threads urging caution and that CV19 is taken very seriously is suggesting these are new phenomena.

People should stop labeling it as 'long covid', it's a post viral illness which has been around for donkeys years and has an estimated 17-24 million sufferers worldwide.

Ever heard of someone who has had 'long glandular fever'?

Nah, me neither.
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:06 - Oct 7 with 1130 viewsDyland

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:01 - Oct 7 by Bluesquid

People should stop labeling it as 'long covid', it's a post viral illness which has been around for donkeys years and has an estimated 17-24 million sufferers worldwide.

Ever heard of someone who has had 'long glandular fever'?

Nah, me neither.

Eh? Yes I do, "funnily" enough. It's a poor example because glandular fever is well known to reoccur and cause longer term fatigue and health problems, but you know that I'm sure.

I take your point about how stuff is labelled.

The main point is not to be blase about COVID19.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:10 - Oct 7 with 1118 viewsBluesquid

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:06 - Oct 7 by Dyland

Eh? Yes I do, "funnily" enough. It's a poor example because glandular fever is well known to reoccur and cause longer term fatigue and health problems, but you know that I'm sure.

I take your point about how stuff is labelled.

The main point is not to be blase about COVID19.

Ok but they are not referred to as suffering from 'long glandular fever' are they?

Absolutely re your last point.
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:15 - Oct 7 with 1104 viewsjeera

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:45 - Oct 7 by Bluesquid

Who said it was a new phenomena?

Malaria can affect people for life too.

So when in a place where it is prominent, we do all we can to not catch it don't we.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 22:16]

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:17 - Oct 7 with 1095 viewsBluesquid

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:15 - Oct 7 by jeera

Who said it was a new phenomena?

Malaria can affect people for life too.

So when in a place where it is prominent, we do all we can to not catch it don't we.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 22:16]

See my post to Dyland re labeling.
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:19 - Oct 7 with 1090 viewsjeera

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:17 - Oct 7 by Bluesquid

See my post to Dyland re labeling.

I did and it is irrelevant.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:20 - Oct 7 with 1088 viewsDyland

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:10 - Oct 7 by Bluesquid

Ok but they are not referred to as suffering from 'long glandular fever' are they?

Absolutely re your last point.

Sure, but glandular fever is known to go on a long time in some cases anyway. It's not a great example. CV19 is a newly discovered virus. It seems that it affects some people (young included) for much longer than others. Some of these longer term symptoms may be serious chronic problems. Who knows? It's new (in humans, being studied).

I take your point about labeling, and that viral knock on effects are not new phenomena. Nothing wrong per se about calling this "long Covid" though. In time there may be other names and it may be different for different cases. That's medicine innit.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:22 - Oct 7 with 1073 viewsBluesquid

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:19 - Oct 7 by jeera

I did and it is irrelevant.

Heard of 'long glandular fever' then have you?

No because it falls under post viral illness, examples - ME/CFS.
Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:54 - Oct 7 with 1038 viewsBlueBadger

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 21:51 - Oct 7 by Dyland

He never has a point. Squiddy is Piers Corbyn to Paz's Donald Trump. Two cheeks, same arse.

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:57 - Oct 7 with 1025 viewsjeera

Covid Wish they would stop using misleading descriptions. on 22:22 - Oct 7 by Bluesquid

Heard of 'long glandular fever' then have you?

No because it falls under post viral illness, examples - ME/CFS.

Again so what?

You're not making any point.

This just seems to be another, "what angle can I come up with today?"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024