Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from fruit....best vegetable? 13:41 - Oct 8 with 9046 viewsWarkystache

For me it has to be the potato. Closely followed by Pak Choi. And then asparagus

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:37 - Oct 8 with 1041 viewsStokieBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:32 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

hahaha, what?!

I am an adult, that's why I know it's science, not government, who decide the value of a potato.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but your chips aren't healthy.

Potatoes aren't inherently unhealthy, especially if you are also eating other types of veg.

It's entirely about variety, consumption quantities and cooking style.

For instance I am partial to some Pomme Anna but I wouldn't say they are healthy in any quantity given they are cooked in lots of butter and then fried. However if you are eating boiled potatoes in reasonable amounts then it's a different matter.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/12/health/potato-healthy-food-drayer/index.html#

You're right that they generally aren't considered part of the 5-a-day.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 16:38]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:45 - Oct 8 with 1028 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:37 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

Potatoes aren't inherently unhealthy, especially if you are also eating other types of veg.

It's entirely about variety, consumption quantities and cooking style.

For instance I am partial to some Pomme Anna but I wouldn't say they are healthy in any quantity given they are cooked in lots of butter and then fried. However if you are eating boiled potatoes in reasonable amounts then it's a different matter.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/12/health/potato-healthy-food-drayer/index.html#

You're right that they generally aren't considered part of the 5-a-day.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 16:38]

FFS. Where did I say potatoes are unhealthy?

I said they're not one of your 5 a day, which is fact.

You're mitigating things by saying they're good WITH OTHER THINGS.
Jesus F Christ.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:49 - Oct 8 with 1022 viewsStokieBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:45 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus F Christ.

Are you alright?

My post wasn't even criticising yours, it was just more information and I agreed they were't part of the 5-a-day by most measures.

You seem to fly off the deep end for absolutely no reason nowadays.

SB

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:53 - Oct 8 with 1014 viewsandytown

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:49 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

Are you alright?

My post wasn't even criticising yours, it was just more information and I agreed they were't part of the 5-a-day by most measures.

SB

Rhubarb
Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:55 - Oct 8 with 1011 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:49 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

Are you alright?

SB

What?! Your post was clearly in opposition to mine.

You've added they aren't part of your 5 a day in your edit!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:58 - Oct 8 with 1003 viewsStokieBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:55 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

What?! Your post was clearly in opposition to mine.

You've added they aren't part of your 5 a day in your edit!

I added it immediately after I posted it - perhaps 30 seconds later to affirm that point which you had made.

I think you need to take a step back, you're so defensive you're behind the byline.

SB

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:58 - Oct 8 with 1005 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:32 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

hahaha, what?!

I am an adult, that's why I know it's science, not government, who decide the value of a potato.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but your chips aren't healthy.

Whatever, it's decided by a group who said it didn't count because it was eaten 'as the starch part of a meal'. Who gives a f#ck?

Science has indeed decided the value of the potato which is why we know how packed with nutrition it is.

I never mentioned chips. Once you start messing with a healthy food of course it can become unhealthy. The fact you can make chips out of potatoes doesn't make it unhealthy anymore than making apple pie out of apples or sweet potato fries makes them unhealthy. I know you didn't say potatoes were unhealthy but I also didn't mention chips.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:01 - Oct 8 with 985 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:58 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

I added it immediately after I posted it - perhaps 30 seconds later to affirm that point which you had made.

I think you need to take a step back, you're so defensive you're behind the byline.

SB

Doesn't matter when you edited, I read and replied to the original. You can't just change it and claim the moral high ground!

I'm not behind any byline if I'm replying to your original post!

Login to get fewer ads

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:03 - Oct 8 with 978 viewsStokieBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:01 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Doesn't matter when you edited, I read and replied to the original. You can't just change it and claim the moral high ground!

I'm not behind any byline if I'm replying to your original post!

Even without the edit it's not criticising your post as I said in my reply to your rant.

I don't know what more to say, you're acting a tad weird.

Perhaps you need more potatoes in your diet?

SB

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:03 - Oct 8 with 979 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:58 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

Whatever, it's decided by a group who said it didn't count because it was eaten 'as the starch part of a meal'. Who gives a f#ck?

Science has indeed decided the value of the potato which is why we know how packed with nutrition it is.

I never mentioned chips. Once you start messing with a healthy food of course it can become unhealthy. The fact you can make chips out of potatoes doesn't make it unhealthy anymore than making apple pie out of apples or sweet potato fries makes them unhealthy. I know you didn't say potatoes were unhealthy but I also didn't mention chips.

You jumped on me calling me to be an adult for having the temerity to suggest potatoes aren't one of your 5 a day. Which they aren't.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:05 - Oct 8 with 970 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:03 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

You jumped on me calling me to be an adult for having the temerity to suggest potatoes aren't one of your 5 a day. Which they aren't.

No, I know they aren't part of your five a day. I suggested, as an adult, you had a look at their nutritional content and if you do I believe you won't give a sh1t whether or not some group says they count or not because you will see they are very healthy when boiled/baked/air fried without oil.

That was my point. Apologies if it came across the other way.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:07 - Oct 8 with 967 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:03 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

Even without the edit it's not criticising your post as I said in my reply to your rant.

I don't know what more to say, you're acting a tad weird.

Perhaps you need more potatoes in your diet?

SB

Wow. You disagree with my post, edit to make it seem worse, then say that I'M acting weird.

Ok then!

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:08 - Oct 8 with 957 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:03 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Oh has herbs taken over from Bloots in the tag-team-down-arrowing stakes? This website.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:10 - Oct 8 with 947 viewsHerbivore

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:08 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Oh has herbs taken over from Bloots in the tag-team-down-arrowing stakes? This website.

I think they were all warranted to be fair. The tone you've taken with two very reasonable posters (well, one reasonable poster and J2) is rather appalling in what should be a pretty light-hearted thread. You don't always have to win the internet, Dollers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:11 - Oct 8 with 944 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:05 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

No, I know they aren't part of your five a day. I suggested, as an adult, you had a look at their nutritional content and if you do I believe you won't give a sh1t whether or not some group says they count or not because you will see they are very healthy when boiled/baked/air fried without oil.

That was my point. Apologies if it came across the other way.

The fact you say "as an adult" says it all. Your apology is therefore hollow.

Cheerio.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:12 - Oct 8 with 937 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 16:45 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus F Christ.

Oh Dollers. Only you could turn a lighted hearted romp through the fridge into an argument

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:15 - Oct 8 with 930 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:10 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

I think they were all warranted to be fair. The tone you've taken with two very reasonable posters (well, one reasonable poster and J2) is rather appalling in what should be a pretty light-hearted thread. You don't always have to win the internet, Dollers.

I thought my posting on here was fair, and they attacked me. But I'm never going to win against you lot am I?

Congrats, you've won.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:16 - Oct 8 with 925 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:15 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

I thought my posting on here was fair, and they attacked me. But I'm never going to win against you lot am I?

Congrats, you've won.

He ded.

Killed by a tayto of all things.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:16 - Oct 8 with 924 viewsJ2BLUE

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:11 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

The fact you say "as an adult" says it all. Your apology is therefore hollow.

Cheerio.

As an intelligent adult you don't have to accept every piece of info given to you without looking into it yourself.

I know more about potatoes than anyone who doesn't make a living dealing with potatoes should ever need to know. I lost 5 stone eating 500g-1KG (shop bought weight) of potatoes a day in their whole unadulterated form. They are packed with nutrition and one study showed that boiled potatoes are the most satiating food of all they tested. There is no sensible argument against the potato if nothing has been added to it in the cooking for healthy people/the vast majority of unhealthy people.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:16 - Oct 8 with 923 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:12 - Oct 8 by SpruceMoose

Oh Dollers. Only you could turn a lighted hearted romp through the fridge into an argument

It wasn't me who turned it into an argument though.

Ah well. My time here is done.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:17 - Oct 8 with 920 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:16 - Oct 8 by BrixtonBlue

Um... it clearly was. Go have a cup of tea you silly sausage. This'll blow over, it's all much of a muchness.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:18 - Oct 8 with 915 viewsJ2BLUE

Jesus.

Truly impaired.

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:19 - Oct 8 with 912 viewsBrixtonBlue

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:16 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

As an intelligent adult you don't have to accept every piece of info given to you without looking into it yourself.

I know more about potatoes than anyone who doesn't make a living dealing with potatoes should ever need to know. I lost 5 stone eating 500g-1KG (shop bought weight) of potatoes a day in their whole unadulterated form. They are packed with nutrition and one study showed that boiled potatoes are the most satiating food of all they tested. There is no sensible argument against the potato if nothing has been added to it in the cooking for healthy people/the vast majority of unhealthy people.

Again, where have I said potatoes are unhealthy?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:19 - Oct 8 with 1045 viewsHerbivore

See you in a week or two.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:20 - Oct 8 with 1043 viewsSpruceMoose

Following on from fruit....best vegetable? on 17:18 - Oct 8 by J2BLUE

Jesus.

He's not actually leaving over a potato is he?!

Hey Phil, if Dollers is chipping off, under the established one in one out protocols can we have Footers back please?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024