Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID 13:57 - Oct 8 with 2047 viewsghostofescobar

infections in people I actually know. My son (uni), my bosses son (uni), a mate's son (secondary), chap from work.....during the first wave I was only hearing of friends of friends type thing. I'm not a super spreader BTW - I've had no contact with any of the aforementioned! Anyone similar? Guess the school/uni thing is a real factor.

GhostOfEscobar

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 14:36 - Oct 8 with 1964 viewsParsley

Same, I think because there's a lot more testing now so more cases are being diagnosed. Track and trace still no where near where it needs to be but shows why it's important.
Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 14:38 - Oct 8 with 1959 viewsusm

Yep definitely getting closer...

Daughter's boyfriend's flat mate
Lady player at the local football club I am involved in
Fiance of a colleague of my wife

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 14:45 - Oct 8 with 1929 viewsDarth_Koont

There was nowhere near as much testing during the first wave so the non-hospitalised cases were almost completely ignored, let alone those with no or very mild symptoms.

Pronouns: He/Him

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 15:47 - Oct 8 with 1846 viewsFtnfwest

Ftnf junior going for a test tonight with 3 other house mates (he's at Uni of Nottingham). 2 others in his house have just had tests - one of which is positive and in isolation.
Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 15:50 - Oct 8 with 1831 viewsclive_baker

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 14:45 - Oct 8 by Darth_Koont

There was nowhere near as much testing during the first wave so the non-hospitalised cases were almost completely ignored, let alone those with no or very mild symptoms.

Quite. Perfectly feasible its more widespread now than it ever was in April time. My wife has had it, I know loads of people that have had positive tests or positive antibody tests.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 16:19 - Oct 8 with 1775 viewsghostofescobar

Good points re the testing. Hadn't thought that one through.

GhostOfEscobar

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 16:33 - Oct 8 with 1751 viewsTractorFactor

I've seen estimates that true case numbers for March / April were actually 10-20 times higher than being reported back then. Also with c80% of cases asymptomatic, clearly it's much more widely spread now in the population than being reported.
Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 16:52 - Oct 8 with 1714 viewsEwan_Oozami

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 15:47 - Oct 8 by Ftnfwest

Ftnf junior going for a test tonight with 3 other house mates (he's at Uni of Nottingham). 2 others in his house have just had tests - one of which is positive and in isolation.

Youngest Oozami is at Nottingham Trent - she went back last weekend and already she knows of at least five people (housemates, tutors, course colleagues) who've tested positive this week....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 16:57 - Oct 8 with 1697 viewsMullet

Being in a school: kids in every year group and a few staff. Plus their family members.

My neighbour had it and celebrated by throwing a massive party (I am still agog given she was old etc.) Maybe it was being in a school, but I've known people with it right through I think.

Never really got the denial beyond fear and it hurting mate's livelihoods. The evidence was pretty clear, the government not.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 17:07 - Oct 8 with 1679 viewsFtnfwest

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 16:52 - Oct 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Youngest Oozami is at Nottingham Trent - she went back last weekend and already she knows of at least five people (housemates, tutors, course colleagues) who've tested positive this week....

Much easier to get tests at uni as well. Most if not all of the positives seem to be asymptomatic as well
Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 17:51 - Oct 8 with 1623 viewsghostofescobar

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 16:52 - Oct 8 by Ewan_Oozami

My lad is at NTU as well (Clifton). Seems most of his halls are isolating with confirmed/suspected Covid.

GhostOfEscobar

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 17:53 - Oct 8 with 1618 viewsmonytowbray

i was still living in London when it kicked off and I'm sure loads of people had it back in December/January (Myself included).

I could be one of the the original Ipswich super spreaders if I did have it, no one knew what it was back then and powered on, including going to Football :S

I had a chest x ray in January due to a cough that had lasted weeks which found nothing, then one day it just cleared up. BUT looking back now I had other symptoms, including the post-fatigue. I was whinging a lot at the start of the year I was much more tired than I'd ever felt since I started working 9-5.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 18:16 - Oct 8 with 1575 viewsjas0999

Certainly more people I know this time round, but most with positive test have very mild symptoms.
Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 18:24 - Oct 8 with 1564 viewsElephantintheRoom

Kind of depends on who you know doesn't it. Most infections this time round are in young people who are catching covid whilst out and about.

Last time round it was old and vulnerable people catching it whilst sitting in care homes or lying horizontal in hospitals.

Given that probably 80% of cases are asymptommatic at the moment, you probably know a lot more people who have had it, or have it than you think

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 18:42 - Oct 8 with 1533 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 18:24 - Oct 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Kind of depends on who you know doesn't it. Most infections this time round are in young people who are catching covid whilst out and about.

Last time round it was old and vulnerable people catching it whilst sitting in care homes or lying horizontal in hospitals.

Given that probably 80% of cases are asymptommatic at the moment, you probably know a lot more people who have had it, or have it than you think

Going completely off topic, why are the E and R in your username capitalised but not the i and t?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 19:51 - Oct 8 with 1475 viewsElephantintheRoom

Don't know if I am imagining it, but this time around, I'm noticing COVID on 18:42 - Oct 8 by GeoffSentence

Going completely off topic, why are the E and R in your username capitalised but not the i and t?

Because that's the way I typed it - the theory being

ElephantintheRoom is easier to read than ElephantInTheRoom

which May or may not be Right

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024