Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams for Saturday then? 16:22 - Oct 8 with 637 viewsclive_baker

What would you go with, rather than what you think PL will do. I'm going:

Holy
Chambers Nsiala Woolfenden Kenlock
Bishop Dozzell Nolan
Lankester Hawkins Sears

Little harsh on Wilson, admittedly. I fancy Lankester to have 60 minutes in him too, use Edwards or Dobra off the bench.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:25 - Oct 8 with 617 viewsStokieBlue

Holy
Chambers Nsiala Wilson Woolfenden
Bishop Dozzell Nolan
Lankester Jackson Sears

Assuming Jackson is fit, we need to get someone who can run in behind and be picked out by Dozzell, Nolan and Bishop. Perhaps a bit harsh on Edwards given he's scored a few but he's just so frustrating.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:26 - Oct 8 with 614 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lankester won’t start after 90 in the week.

Will be the same team. Kenlock for Ward will be only change.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:29 - Oct 8 with 607 viewsSparky85

He will go:

Holy
Chambers Nsiala Wilson Kenlock
Bishop Dozzell Nolan
Edwards Hawkins Sears

He should go (IMO):

Holy
Chambers Nsiala Woolfenden Ndaba
Bishop Dozzell Nolan
Edwards Hawkins Sears

I cannot see Lankester starting if he played his first 90 mid week.

Hope to see some involvement from Jackson this weekend. I really think he could do a job as a wide forward in the 433. Also, when we have a goal kick, would prefer us to go to quickly into a 442 with Sears, Edwards or Jackson running in behind. The amount of headers Hawkins won and no one had gambled was so frustrating to watch.

Not a bad time to play Blackpool as they haven't done too much yet this year.
Teams for Saturday then? on 16:30 - Oct 8 with 600 viewsclive_baker

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:26 - Oct 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

Lankester won’t start after 90 in the week.

Will be the same team. Kenlock for Ward will be only change.

I'm not asking who will start, I'm asking who you would start.

Lankester's 20 and he's pumped, he would have 60 in him. I would unleash him now and not look back.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:35 - Oct 8 with 583 viewsWallingford_Boy

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:25 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

Holy
Chambers Nsiala Wilson Woolfenden
Bishop Dozzell Nolan
Lankester Jackson Sears

Assuming Jackson is fit, we need to get someone who can run in behind and be picked out by Dozzell, Nolan and Bishop. Perhaps a bit harsh on Edwards given he's scored a few but he's just so frustrating.

SB

Jackson hasn't had a single second of match action since injury, so he is hardly going to start.

Be good to see him have 30 mins though.

I also don't think Jackson is really the central striker of the front three, so Hawkins will fill that role, done very well so far.

RIP Sir Bobby

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:39 - Oct 8 with 569 viewsStokieBlue

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:35 - Oct 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Jackson hasn't had a single second of match action since injury, so he is hardly going to start.

Be good to see him have 30 mins though.

I also don't think Jackson is really the central striker of the front three, so Hawkins will fill that role, done very well so far.

He won't start but I'd like to see it (if fit which is what I said). Hawkins was very good in one match and entirely ineffective in the next.

Why isn't Jackson the central striker? We have the midfield to play balls in behind, we don't have to structure the team around some big bloke we fire it up to and play off.

If Hawkins plays like he did in his first match he will have a very good season for us though.

SB
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 16:42]

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:44 - Oct 8 with 551 viewstractorboy1978

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:39 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

He won't start but I'd like to see it (if fit which is what I said). Hawkins was very good in one match and entirely ineffective in the next.

Why isn't Jackson the central striker? We have the midfield to play balls in behind, we don't have to structure the team around some big bloke we fire it up to and play off.

If Hawkins plays like he did in his first match he will have a very good season for us though.

SB

Hawkins had nobody anywhere near him against MK.
Teams for Saturday then? on 16:49 - Oct 8 with 537 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:30 - Oct 8 by clive_baker

I'm not asking who will start, I'm asking who you would start.

Lankester's 20 and he's pumped, he would have 60 in him. I would unleash him now and not look back.

I understand what you were asking, was just dropping a dose of reality.

Login to get fewer ads

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:52 - Oct 8 with 528 viewsMullet

I'd put Huws in for Bishop as I think he might enforce a bit more structure in an away game against opposition who are still sorting themselves out. I'd also start Gwion and see if he can get another goal as he seems on a hot streak.

I'd keep it tight where we can for an hour then introduce Jackson, Dobra and Lankester in the final half an hour to try and put them to the sword (assuming no injuries or bookings preclude it)

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:55 - Oct 8 with 513 viewsWallingford_Boy

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:39 - Oct 8 by StokieBlue

SB

I just don't think Jackson is a finisher. He is not great at holding the ball up either, it tends to bounce off of him.

What he is better at is making the diagonal runs behind the defence, more akin to a wide forward player, but I would guess there are a few ahead of him in these spots.

Just not sure he'll fit in tbh.

RIP Sir Bobby

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:55 - Oct 8 with 513 viewsStokieBlue

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:52 - Oct 8 by Mullet

I'd put Huws in for Bishop as I think he might enforce a bit more structure in an away game against opposition who are still sorting themselves out. I'd also start Gwion and see if he can get another goal as he seems on a hot streak.

I'd keep it tight where we can for an hour then introduce Jackson, Dobra and Lankester in the final half an hour to try and put them to the sword (assuming no injuries or bookings preclude it)

Actually, that's not a bad plan.

I still think Woolfendon might be a better bet than Kenlock though but I don't think it will happen.

SB

Teams for Saturday then? on 18:24 - Oct 8 with 415 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Teams for Saturday then? on 16:52 - Oct 8 by Mullet

That’s a good shout.

In that similar mould to BR away, comfortable until 60, but when the subs came on we went through the gears and cleaned up a little bit, could have been 4 that day.

Although can’t see Dobra involved but Jackson/Lankester certainly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024