Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad 18:56 - Oct 9 with 3760 viewsMaySixth

it brought me totally back down to earth and unearthed a lot of memories of the back end of last season

we are still very capable of the odd horrific performance

a point tomorrow would be a huge bonus

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 19:10 - Oct 9 with 3736 viewsbournemouthblue

It certainly won't be an easy one, Blackpool have some decent players there despite their league position

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 22:12 - Oct 9 with 3603 viewsOsborneOneNil

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 19:10 - Oct 9 by bournemouthblue

It certainly won't be an easy one, Blackpool have some decent players there despite their league position

It's got 1-1 written all over it.
Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 22:37 - Oct 9 with 3569 viewsBlueBadger

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 22:12 - Oct 9 by OsborneOneNil

It's got 1-1 written all over it.

Yep, 'laboured draw' all over this one.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 10:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 01:03 - Oct 10 with 3507 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Of course we are capable of bad performances, we are Ipswich Town in League 1, not Bayern Munich in the Champions League mate.

If anyone thought we would just breeze and stroll through this league, your ambitions aren’t aligned with reality.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 1:04]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 07:25 - Oct 10 with 3427 viewssundaze

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 01:03 - Oct 10 by TheTrueBlue1878

Of course we are capable of bad performances, we are Ipswich Town in League 1, not Bayern Munich in the Champions League mate.

If anyone thought we would just breeze and stroll through this league, your ambitions aren’t aligned with reality.

Agree. Just imagine how the Hull fans are feeling this morning, getting done by a team near the bottom of the league.
Football is being played in empty grounds, there will be strange results everywhere, just look at Man Utd and Liverpool last weekend.
Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 08:23 - Oct 10 with 3345 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 07:25 - Oct 10 by sundaze

Agree. Just imagine how the Hull fans are feeling this morning, getting done by a team near the bottom of the league.
Football is being played in empty grounds, there will be strange results everywhere, just look at Man Utd and Liverpool last weekend.

Indeed, and look at the results in our first 3 games too!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 08:53 - Oct 10 with 3305 viewsHerbivore

Think we'll be getting done today. Sides will look at how easily a bang average MK Dons side bossed our midfield and will similarly look to crowd us and push us back. They'll exploit the fact we've got two stand in full backs. Our wide forwards will drop deeper and leave Hawkins isolated, meaning no goal threat. Think this will be a 2-0 defeat today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 08:59 - Oct 10 with 3289 viewsMonkeyAlan

I think we will have more than the odd horrific performance this season. It's largely the same team as 2 seasons ago. They have managed a pretty horrific hash of the last couple of years. Cant see that changing a lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 09:36 - Oct 10 with 3225 viewspointofblue

Our huge issue is what do we do if we lose control of the centre of the park? Against MK Dons we brought on Downes (albeit too late) and he made an impact in wrestling the match our way until he got injured. Who will carry out that impact now? At this level we should be able to rely on Huws but he has flattered to deceive far too often for us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 09:41 - Oct 10 with 3218 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I agree that today could be a slog. Obviously there’s a feeling of deja vu, but as much as we shouldn’t get carried away after a couple of seasons, it’s a shame to see people getting too town and writing us off after a poor result or two. The players have clearly loved being able to “shut a few people up” in the first few games, hopefully they might have read some these “here we go again” comments and use them as motivation for today.

Last week was ugly. But I’ll take ugly away points if it means winning our home games.

COYFB.
Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 09:49 - Oct 10 with 3209 viewsArnieM

Better to have a “ a wake up.call”early in season now, to keep the team focused on how difficult it actually is in this division, than to think we’re going to sail away with it , or so we think , and then come unstuck at half way point or towards the end of the season. It’s going to be a battle royal right to end tbh.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 10:28 - Oct 10 with 3130 viewsBlueBadger

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 08:53 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

Think we'll be getting done today. Sides will look at how easily a bang average MK Dons side bossed our midfield and will similarly look to crowd us and push us back. They'll exploit the fact we've got two stand in full backs. Our wide forwards will drop deeper and leave Hawkins isolated, meaning no goal threat. Think this will be a 2-0 defeat today.

Depressingly, I can see this happening. God, I hope you're wrong.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 10:30 - Oct 10 with 3128 viewshampstead_blue

We got passed around but PL properly mucked-up when he bought the headless chicken Judge on for Sears.
There was nobody in midfield who could get stuck in and win the ball back.

Apart from FD, who do we have in the team who can do that job?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 10:30 - Oct 10 with 3132 viewsBlueBadger

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 01:03 - Oct 10 by TheTrueBlue1878

With our players, who are mostly of top-half League One/bottom half Championship standard we should make fairly easy work of the division. Sadly, they've been held back by the manager who is mid/lower league one standard.

No-one is afraid of us this season, unlike the start of last season when they were approaching us with a lot more caution. Well, at least until they worked us out, anyway.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 11:08]

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 10:34 - Oct 10 with 3114 viewsHerbivore

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 10:28 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Depressingly, I can see this happening. God, I hope you're wrong.

I hope so too. Fingers crossed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 11:50 - Oct 10 with 3058 viewsBlueBadger

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 09:41 - Oct 10 by Matt_Netherlands

I agree that today could be a slog. Obviously there’s a feeling of deja vu, but as much as we shouldn’t get carried away after a couple of seasons, it’s a shame to see people getting too town and writing us off after a poor result or two. The players have clearly loved being able to “shut a few people up” in the first few games, hopefully they might have read some these “here we go again” comments and use them as motivation for today.

Last week was ugly. But I’ll take ugly away points if it means winning our home games.

COYFB.

Didn't we hound out our our only competent manager of the Evans era for the 'one point away and hope for hime wins' thing?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 11:54 - Oct 10 with 3054 viewsBlueySwede

We were not bad in the 1st half, if Sears had taken his chance it could have been a different outcome. 2nd half was not good, but I was impressed with Nsiala and Wilson. Unlucky with Ward and Downes going off. We need a few bodies back. You can have your opinions about Jackson and Norwood, but they would definitely sharpen our attack.
We have the quality to win today, need a bit of luck and a good performance.
Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 11:58 - Oct 10 with 3040 viewsnoggin

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 19:10 - Oct 9 by bournemouthblue

I fear a defeat if we don't show a lot more desire than last week. Holy worried me last week with crosses and was lucky to get away with several clangers.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 12:02 - Oct 10 with 3032 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad on 11:50 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Didn't we hound out our our only competent manager of the Evans era for the 'one point away and hope for hime wins' thing?

Aye but I think things got a bit confused and we ended up just drawing all of our games instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024