Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd accept a draw today 10:53 - Oct 10 with 3904 viewsSomethingBlue

Tricky game against a side that'll be decent this year and we do not look in great shape personnel-wise. If we can come out looking difficult to beat it'll augur well enough for me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I'd accept a draw today on 11:04 - Oct 10 with 2800 viewsBluefish

Blimey, don't let the Mick Outers read that, it is all they have left to be angry about. Draw in isolation is ok but the performance needs to improve and we need to pass a tougher test. We should beat them really

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'd accept a draw today on 11:07 - Oct 10 with 2792 viewsBlueBadger

'Difficult to beat in division 3'. There's a dream for you. What a time to be alive. Lambert out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'd accept a draw today on 11:09 - Oct 10 with 2787 viewsMoriarty

We took 1 point from our 2 games against them last season.

As Bluefish says, performance is important but if we’re serious about winning this league, we should really be aiming for a win today.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 11:10]

fka omuircheartaigh

They've got 3 points..... on 11:12 - Oct 10 with 2777 viewsBloots

....from 4 games.

A draw will be 2 points lost frankly.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'd accept a draw today on 11:20 - Oct 10 with 2759 viewsBlueBadger

I'd accept a draw today on 11:04 - Oct 10 by Bluefish

Blimey, don't let the Mick Outers read that, it is all they have left to be angry about. Draw in isolation is ok but the performance needs to improve and we need to pass a tougher test. We should beat them really

Ah, but if we're hard to beat today, it'll be because the Football Was Better.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I'd accept a draw today on 11:23 - Oct 10 with 2753 viewsAce_High1

Mick that you?

Only joking :)
I'd accept a draw today on 12:24 - Oct 10 with 2692 viewsParisBlue

We should be trying to win every game. Circumstances might mean we ultimately accept a point (a bit like last week after playing the last 30 with 10 players) but we need to instil a winning and positive mentality.

Ultimately we need to win ~26 games during the season.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

I'd accept a draw today on 12:36 - Oct 10 with 2680 viewsIllinoisblue

I am mildly comforted by the fact Blackpool are still bedding in and there’s surely no way we can be an impotent as we were at MK last week.

Happily take a draw and move on

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

I'd accept a draw today on 12:37 - Oct 10 with 2679 viewsChrisd

I'm going to be greedy, a good performance and a 1-2 victory. Might keep Bluefish and Bluebadger quiet too, so that would be an additional bonus.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 12:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I'd accept a draw today on 12:54 - Oct 10 with 2647 viewsMullet

Only if we go behind or perform badly for me. We should be beating everyone in this league on a good day, so every point dropped is crucial.

We've let fans talk us down into this division over the past 5 years and it needs to stop. This is a league we should never be in, so acceptance of it is far too dangerous.

There is nothing about Blackpool we should fear, and as with the fixture last season only our own complacency should undo us. The Town players should be desperate to right the wrongs of MK Dons and take that frustration out on a team that gives away chances like these lot do.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'd accept a draw today on 12:58 - Oct 10 with 2626 viewsTrequartista

They've got three points in four games. Coupled with the draw against the bottom club, two points from these two fixtures is really not what we are looking for.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I'd accept a draw today on 12:59 - Oct 10 with 2624 viewsBlueBadger

I'd accept a draw today on 12:54 - Oct 10 by Mullet

Only if we go behind or perform badly for me. We should be beating everyone in this league on a good day, so every point dropped is crucial.

We've let fans talk us down into this division over the past 5 years and it needs to stop. This is a league we should never be in, so acceptance of it is far too dangerous.

There is nothing about Blackpool we should fear, and as with the fixture last season only our own complacency should undo us. The Town players should be desperate to right the wrongs of MK Dons and take that frustration out on a team that gives away chances like these lot do.

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad by BlueBadger 10 Oct 2020 10:30
With our players, who are mostly of top-half League One/bottom half Championship standard we should make fairly easy work of the division. Sadly, they've been held back by the manager who is mid/lower league one standard.

No-one is afraid of us this season, unlike the start of last season when they were approaching us with a lot more caution. Well, at least until they worked us out, anyway.

I'd accept a draw today on 13:13 - Oct 10 with 2605 viewswaveneyblue

The responses below are the reason theres a mini meltdown on here after anything but a win. We are what we are, a slightly above average Division One team, playing other Division one teams.

I'm with you, a draw would be decent, have no issues with that.
I'd accept a draw today on 13:22 - Oct 10 with 2572 viewsGarv

I'd accept a draw today on 13:13 - Oct 10 by waveneyblue

The responses below are the reason theres a mini meltdown on here after anything but a win. We are what we are, a slightly above average Division One team, playing other Division one teams.

The bizarre refusal to accept we deserve to be where we are continues.

We went down with a near record breaking points tally, and have bought one player for a fee since.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I'd accept a draw today on 13:29 - Oct 10 with 2549 viewsChrisd

I'd accept a draw today on 12:59 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Our performance at MK Dons was just so bad by BlueBadger 10 Oct 2020 10:30
With our players, who are mostly of top-half League One/bottom half Championship standard we should make fairly easy work of the division. Sadly, they've been held back by the manager who is mid/lower league one standard.

No-one is afraid of us this season, unlike the start of last season when they were approaching us with a lot more caution. Well, at least until they worked us out, anyway.

I was listening to a Dallas Cowboys podcast this week and two former NFL players, who have both won the Superbowl in the past, were asked was it down to the coaching why the team are struggling this season and were indifferent last year? They both said, 'No, the talent is there but it's about time these players stepped up to the plate and started delivering.' Again keep getting told our squad is too good for L1, but when are they actually going to start showing it? We can keep blaming the manager, but if these players are good enough, they'll deliver and get the job done because of their superior talent surely?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 13:37]

I'd accept a draw today on 13:32 - Oct 10 with 2541 viewswkj

A draw wouldn't be a disaster but im not willing to accept it. Blackpool are a good squad right now, but they're exactly the team we should beat to set our statement of intent out there.

If we don't win this game, and accept that, then we're risking being okay with what could potentially be a slide against two teams who will be up there at the end of the season (Donny and Lincoln)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'd accept a draw today on 13:32 - Oct 10 with 2535 viewsBlueBadger

I'd accept a draw today on 13:29 - Oct 10 by Chrisd

I was listening to a Dallas Cowboys podcast this week and two former NFL players, who have both won the Superbowl in the past, were asked was it down to the coaching why the team are struggling this season and were indifferent last year? They both said, 'No, the talent is there but it's about time these players stepped up to the plate and started delivering.' Again keep getting told our squad is too good for L1, but when are they actually going to start showing it? We can keep blaming the manager, but if these players are good enough, they'll deliver and get the job done because of their superior talent surely?

But it's ultimately the manager's job to do that.

Apparently, one of Lambert's great managerial skills is as a motivator and yet the players aren't 'stepping up'.

I'd accept a draw today on 13:34 - Oct 10 with 2528 viewsBlueBadger

I'd accept a draw today on 13:22 - Oct 10 by Garv

We went down with a near record breaking points tally, and have bought one player for a fee since.

We could, and should have gotten comfortably promoted last season particularly given our start. Lambert out.

I'd accept a draw today on 13:36 - Oct 10 with 2527 viewswkj

I'd accept a draw today on 13:32 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Apparently, one of Lambert's great managerial skills is as a motivator and yet the players aren't 'stepping up'.

I have no doubt he is a great motivator of the team and don't question that, but tactically he was a nightmare last season and accept his methods were unacceptable for consistency. I realise our flanks weren't great when KVY was sidelined, but plan B for Lambert was to use plan B then C the D then C then Y... it didn't work.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'd accept a draw today on 13:40 - Oct 10 with 2512 viewsMullet

I'd accept a draw today on 13:22 - Oct 10 by Garv

"We" definitely deserve it. "We" forced out a manager massively overperforming because "we" demanded better and lapped up everything his replacement did without questioning it.

That relegation was totally deserved but should never have happened in the manner that it did. The pathetic manner in which Lambert allowed us to surrender and "we" lapped it up was disgraceful. That has to be on the players on the culture of entitlement the fanbase let in until the damage was already done.

"We" were told that players like Knudsen and McGoldrick were crap and crocks and that too many lower league punts were nothing compared to the likes of Nolan and Nsiala. "We" were told that bouncing back from this division was exactly what this club needed.

It's funny how "we" got everything wrong and now demanding any sense of belief that the club should be halfway between where they were and where they are now is some sort of "bizarre refusal to accept" reality is rich to say the least.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'd accept a draw today on 13:42 - Oct 10 with 2503 viewsChrisd

I'd accept a draw today on 13:32 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

I disagree, you have your own personal pride wanting to perform well. I never went out and deliberately played poorly because of the manager and I'm sure you never did either. Soon as you cross that white line it's down to you and the other 10 on the field to perform and deliver the result.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 13:43]

I'd accept a draw today on 13:46 - Oct 10 with 2483 viewsBlueBadger

I'd accept a draw today on 13:42 - Oct 10 by Chrisd

I disagree, you have your own personal pride wanting to perform well. I never went out and deliberately played poorly because of the manager and I'm sure you never did either. Soon as you cross that white line it's down to you and the other 10 on the field to perform and deliver the result.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 13:43]

And we've all worked for crap bosses who either by accident or design make it hard for you to do that.

I suspect that Lambert is a bit of 'David Brent' as a boss...
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 13:49]

I'd accept a draw today on 13:48 - Oct 10 with 2481 viewsWeWereZombies

I'd accept a draw today on 13:13 - Oct 10 by waveneyblue

Ah, I remember them fondly, the days when Blackpool v Ipswich would be a First Division game. Sad that it is a Third Division scrap now but I still have hopes that it will be worth a look in...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I'd accept a draw today on 13:52 - Oct 10 with 2451 viewsChrisd

I'd accept a draw today on 13:46 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

And we've all worked for crap bosses who either by accident or design make it hard for you to do that.

I suspect that Lambert is a bit of 'David Brent' as a boss...
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 13:49]

Is PL making it hard for them to perform? They seem very much a collective unit looking at how they've been celebrating our goals this season and dug in last week to get a draw at the MK Dons with 10 men for the last 30 minutes.

I'd accept a draw today on 14:07 - Oct 10 with 2404 viewsjudespiveyg

I'd accept a draw today on 13:40 - Oct 10 by Mullet

"We" definitely deserve it. "We" forced out a manager massively overperforming because "we" demanded better and lapped up everything his replacement did without questioning it.

That relegation was totally deserved but should never have happened in the manner that it did. The pathetic manner in which Lambert allowed us to surrender and "we" lapped it up was disgraceful. That has to be on the players on the culture of entitlement the fanbase let in until the damage was already done.

"We" were told that players like Knudsen and McGoldrick were crap and crocks and that too many lower league punts were nothing compared to the likes of Nolan and Nsiala. "We" were told that bouncing back from this division was exactly what this club needed.

It's funny how "we" got everything wrong and now demanding any sense of belief that the club should be halfway between where they were and where they are now is some sort of "bizarre refusal to accept" reality is rich to say the least.

Feels like I'm saying this for the one millionth time, but no one would have been complaining about finishing twelfth in the Championship on our budget had the football been watchable. It was never about McCarthy underachieving it was more about the turgid, safe, and risk averse football being played, just as it was never the idiots hurling abuse that made Evans' mind up but the thousands staying away (there was probably less than 10000 in the ground some games.)

Expecting watchable football in return for a £30 ticket is not being entitled. I personally think 95% of fans have been fantastic these last 5 years or so and do deserve better.

We absolutely should expect a win today, if we just go for it.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 14:09]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024