Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Depressing 10:57 - Oct 10 with 12824 viewsDarth_Koont

If you can’t get yourself ahead of the Tories on current showing then something’s not right, is it?

Pronouns: He/Him

Depressing on 11:02 - Oct 10 with 3619 viewshampstead_blue

It may show that you and your friends are wrong.
Have you ever thought that may be the case?

There does seem to be a disproportionate number of anti government posts here. Compared to the election I mean.

or

Those who shout loud and with barbs and assumptions stop debate?

Now there is a thought.

Where are all the voices of the people who voted for Brexit and the Tories? The majority I mean.
They can't all be embarrassed and silent. Maybe you and your little angry mob are dissuading them from posting their views.

Just a thought.

Am off to town so won't be able to see the torrents of abuse and assumption but will check back after lunch.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Depressing on 11:05 - Oct 10 with 3605 viewsSarge

Depressing on 11:02 - Oct 10 by hampstead_blue

There does seem to be a disproportionate number of anti government posts here. Compared to the election I mean.

or

Now there is a thought.

Where are all the voices of the people who voted for Brexit and the Tories? The majority I mean.
They can't all be embarrassed and silent. Maybe you and your little angry mob are dissuading them from posting their views.

Just a thought.

Am off to town so won't be able to see the torrents of abuse and assumption but will check back after lunch.

“ Where are all the voices of the people who voted for Brexit and the Tories? The majority I mean.“

Given their general demographic and the general ‘target group’ of COVID, one could infer where they might be.
Depressing on 11:06 - Oct 10 with 3601 viewsDarth_Koont

or

Now there is a thought.

Just a thought.

Hey! I’m no fan of the current Labour approach.

It doesn’t seem to address real or even imagined concerns.

Depressing on 11:21 - Oct 10 with 3567 viewsgiant_stow

I've listened to lbc a bit recently and from that, I think there are still plenty of people out there that:
A) think the govt has done an OK job on handling covid in difficult circumstances
B) want their brexit and want it hard.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Depressing on 11:32 - Oct 10 with 3521 viewssolemio

This merely confirms how rare so-called common sense is.
Depressing on 11:34 - Oct 10 with 3519 viewsDarth_Koont

Depressing on 11:21 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

I've listened to lbc a bit recently and from that, I think there are still plenty of people out there that:
A) think the govt has done an OK job on handling covid in difficult circumstances
B) want their brexit and want it hard.

I’m sure that’s part of the picture.

To me it shows that just like Trump supporters in the States, there’s a sizable number of people who will vote for the Tories no matter what. And after Brexit and Covid, this is going to be bolstered by the Laurence Fox Reclaim nonsense.

The real problem is that in an FPTP system this solid 40% is enough. Opposition politicians in England need to be a lot more inspiring and hopeful if they’re going to make a dent.

Depressing on 11:47 - Oct 10 with 3474 viewsArnoldMoorhen

or

Now there is a thought.

Just a thought.

You support a party which illegally shut down Parliament and has made many attempts, some successful, to rule by ministerial fiat, including current attempts to pass an Enabling Act which will exempt Government legislation from Judicial scrutiny.

They illegally shut down Parliament, and you still voted for them a few weeks later.

Don't lecture us about closing down debate.
Depressing on 11:52 - Oct 10 with 3463 viewsm14_blue

or

Now there is a thought.

Just a thought.

Are you confusing DK with someone else??
Login to get fewer ads

Depressing on 11:55 - Oct 10 with 3448 viewsDarth_Koont

Depressing on 11:52 - Oct 10 by m14_blue

Are you confusing DK with someone else??

That tickled me too.

I put it down to Hampstead confusing himself most of the time.

Depressing on 11:57 - Oct 10 with 3434 viewsm14_blue

Depressing on 11:55 - Oct 10 by Darth_Koont

That tickled me too.

I put it down to Hampstead confusing himself most of the time.

You and your Starmer love in.
Depressing on 12:05 - Oct 10 with 3412 viewsnoggin

There will be no reaction until the reality of brexit dawn on those who ignorantly voted for it through the GE.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 12:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Depressing on 12:06 - Oct 10 with 3406 viewsDarth_Koont

Depressing on 11:57 - Oct 10 by m14_blue

You and your Starmer love in.

Although I was supportive of Starmer at the beginning. His 10 pledges and commitment to unity seemed genuine and valuable at the time.

I’m much, much less hopeful about him and his Shadow Cabinet six months later.

Depressing on 12:10 - Oct 10 with 3399 viewsbournemouthblue

I still don't believe the public appreciate just how much of a disaster track and trace has been

You only have to compare places like Germany and South Korea who have successful systems which actually work to contrast how bad we have been doing. The fact we have had to introduce more restrictions across the country, tells you everything you need to know on Track and Trace. It could and should have been working several months ago, it would reduced the likelihood of restrictions now.

Australia also appears to have crowds at their Aussie rules games, that's the stark difference right there

We have handled the crisis just about as badly as any where in the world

It is internationally embarassing
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 12:18]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Depressing on 12:14 - Oct 10 with 3387 viewsDarth_Koont

Depressing on 12:05 - Oct 10 by noggin

There will be no reaction until the reality of brexit dawn on those who ignorantly voted for it through the GE.

I’d like to believe that but it’ll be someone else’s fault. Support for Brexit has hardened in spite of all evidence that it’s a rubbish idea with no genuine upside to even plan for.

And we’ll see a full shift to the identity politics that makes it toxic to “talk Britain down” as well as pushing a very hard line on immigration.

I can see the battle lines being drawn up now, and the problems caused by Brexit will be channeled into that new fight. Just like the self-imposed problems of neoliberalism and austerity were channeled into Brexit.

Depressing on 12:15 - Oct 10 with 3384 viewsbournemouthblue

Depressing on 12:05 - Oct 10 by noggin

The reality of bad CoVid management could be far more damaging than even Brexit I'd suggest

The combination of Brexit and the Corona Crisis will be curtains for Boris but not necessarily the Conservatives

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Depressing on 12:19 - Oct 10 with 3359 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/04/03/voting-intentio

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Depressing on 12:20 - Oct 10 with 3351 viewsgtsb1966

When the unemployment figures go through the roof and when we all have to start paying back the money owed I think you might just see those polls change.
Depressing on 12:26 - Oct 10 with 3322 viewsVic

or

Now there is a thought.

Just a thought.

I often disagree with stuff you put on her HB, but on this I make you right.

The level of derision that’s comes your way on here when you post something that differs from others opinion just makes it not worth while at the moment. It feels like a cancel culture by mockery. It’s a shame, but there you go. I still pretty much to football posts now, or just not posting at all (which I’m sure pleases some!) PS - I didn’t vote Tory last election!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Depressing on 12:26 - Oct 10 with 3318 viewsm14_blue

Depressing on 12:06 - Oct 10 by Darth_Koont

Although I was supportive of Starmer at the beginning. His 10 pledges and commitment to unity seemed genuine and valuable at the time.

I’m much, much less hopeful about him and his Shadow Cabinet six months later.

Yes, we disagree on this, I remain far more hopeful although accept we still haven't really seen what he stands for yet.

I think hammy views anyone remotely left of centre as one amorphous Chairman Mao shaped blob. His mind would be blown to discover that I didn't like Corbyn and you don't like Starmer, which is why he'll just ignore it.
Depressing on 12:26 - Oct 10 with 3326 viewsgordon

There's still a rump of the electorate, probably around 40% I'd guess, who aren't aware of, and are probably never going to understand how self-defeating, pointless absurd Brexit is, both in terms of the conception and the implementation. Those people are likely to continue to support the conservatives come what may until it seems like the process is over.

I imagine that the conservatives recognise that to maintain the support of those people they need to continue to engineer conflicts and disagreements with the EU for as long as possible, to create the perception that we need to 'stand up to them'. Whether it works or not I don't know, but Cummings et al have obviously been pretty successful at manipulating people for their own ends over the last five years or so.
Depressing on 12:27 - Oct 10 with 3316 viewsDubtractor

Depressing on 12:19 - Oct 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/04/03/voting-intentio

Indeed.

Context of the starting point is quite important here.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Depressing on 12:32 - Oct 10 with 3299 viewsDarth_Koont

Depressing on 12:19 - Oct 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t disagree that Labour were a lot lower and the Tories were higher (especially at the beginning of the pandemic as people rallied around the government). I could post the polling that gave Labour a decent lead at the beginning of 2019.

But we’re talking about where we are now and where the awful handling of Covid leaves us. Starter has been given a free ride by the media, antisemitism has magically become a non-issue, briefings from within the party have disappeared now those actors are in charge themselves and yet ...

Starmer with a progressive platform that engages people might have a chance. But playing the soft establishment line isn’t looking that useful. If they want to learn anything from the Tories and even Corbyn, it’s that electoral success is dependent on leading the debate and not avoiding it.

Depressing on 12:43 - Oct 10 with 3244 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Depressing on 12:32 - Oct 10 by Darth_Koont

I don’t disagree that Labour were a lot lower and the Tories were higher (especially at the beginning of the pandemic as people rallied around the government). I could post the polling that gave Labour a decent lead at the beginning of 2019.

But we’re talking about where we are now and where the awful handling of Covid leaves us. Starter has been given a free ride by the media, antisemitism has magically become a non-issue, briefings from within the party have disappeared now those actors are in charge themselves and yet ...

Starmer with a progressive platform that engages people might have a chance. But playing the soft establishment line isn’t looking that useful. If they want to learn anything from the Tories and even Corbyn, it’s that electoral success is dependent on leading the debate and not avoiding it.

The YouGov voting intention polls from early in 2019 still only ever had Labour around the 30% mark as a maximum, and typically in the mid-20’s though. The only reason they were ever shown ahead of the Conservatives was due to the Brexit Party taking a large share at a time when progress had stalled, which realistically was never going to translate in an election and was quickly quashed by the Tories

The % share has increased significantly under Starmer - which suggests people are buying into Labour under Starmer after all, as much as you might hope otherwise

Depressing on 12:44 - Oct 10 with 3236 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Depressing on 12:27 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

Indeed.

Context of the starting point is quite important here.

Indeed - although clearly there is more work to be done, the bar for Labour is actually winning elections, not just improving but still losing (see also 2017)

Depressing on 12:47 - Oct 10 with 3231 viewsGeoffSentence

or

Now there is a thought.

Just a thought.

That's you that is.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024