Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist 18:34 - Oct 10 with 2755 viewsMullet

Think he'll go out on a high this season and finally get the credit he deserves? On the bus, trophy in hand at the end of the season would be the perfect wya to say goodbye wouldn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 18:36 - Oct 10 with 2343 viewsBeckets

I think he’s got another season in him after this even as a squad player.
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 18:43 - Oct 10 with 2302 viewsblueislander

I thought he looked shaky against Wigan who had a pretty decent left winger, but today I have to say that he was excellent today.
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 18:55 - Oct 10 with 2268 viewsKropotkin123

After years of people saying he isn't mobile, I think he is better at right-back now. I think his pace is less exposed out there.

Great assist, as you say.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

He was like a young.... on 18:59 - Oct 10 with 2249 viewsBloots

....rampant gazelle running up that pitch for his goal today.

What a perfect specimen of manhood he is.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:03 - Oct 10 with 2222 viewsSwansea_Blue

Goal of the season? Nah, the fourth was better by far. All he did was put his foot through something that sat up for him. The 4th though was a thing of beauty. The pin perfect crossfield ball, sublime first touch and then giving the keeper the eyes and shaping to go far post before tucking it in his near post was better at every stage.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:07 - Oct 10 with 2200 viewsKropotkin123

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:03 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

Goal of the season? Nah, the fourth was better by far. All he did was put his foot through something that sat up for him. The 4th though was a thing of beauty. The pin perfect crossfield ball, sublime first touch and then giving the keeper the eyes and shaping to go far post before tucking it in his near post was better at every stage.

It was my vote in the other thread too

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

He was like a young.... on 19:08 - Oct 10 with 2193 viewsBlueBadger

He was like a young.... on 18:59 - Oct 10 by Bloots

....rampant gazelle running up that pitch for his goal today.

What a perfect specimen of manhood he is.

Him and Skuse will do a great job as our next managers as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:10 - Oct 10 with 2194 viewsMullet

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:03 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

Nonsense. This was a half volley on the run from a bloke who apprently is too old and decrepid to run anywhere and can't pass only hoof it. Yet somehow he smacked that ball like it had stolen his wallet and sent it through a tiny gap between bodies and under the bar.

Sensational.

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:12 - Oct 10 with 2175 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:10 - Oct 10 by Mullet

Nonsense. This was a half volley on the run from a bloke who apprently is too old and decrepid to run anywhere and can't pass only hoof it. Yet somehow he smacked that ball like it had stolen his wallet and sent it through a tiny gap between bodies and under the bar.

Sensational.

Isn't it great to be able to argue about which was the better of two cracking goals in the same match?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:13 - Oct 10 with 2168 viewsMullet

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:12 - Oct 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Isn't it great to be able to argue about which was the better of two cracking goals in the same match?

Especially as he's wrong innit

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:14 - Oct 10 with 2167 viewsmadmouse1959

Do you mean the goal assist for Blackpools goal ? Ha. Probably one of Chambers best games in a blue shirt.

shampoo dave

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:14 - Oct 10 with 2164 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:10 - Oct 10 by Mullet

Sensational.

If a professional footballer can't his a ball sitting up like that, they've been robbing a living. I scored goals like that when I was 10 . He didn't even get it in the top bins or in off the bar.

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:16 - Oct 10 with 2155 viewsMullet

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:14 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

If a professional footballer can't his a ball sitting up like that, they've been robbing a living. I scored goals like that when I was 10 . He didn't even get it in the top bins or in off the bar.

Given it was probably a medicine ball when you were 10 that is impressive, but you're still wrong.

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:19 - Oct 10 with 2146 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:13 - Oct 10 by Mullet

Especially as he's wrong innit

Personally I think you're both wrong. Both great goals in their own right.

FWIW I actually chose Chambers' in the poll. Partly because it was unstoppable, partly because it was the opening goal. However, the skill of the pass, the control and the finish make the Edwards one great too. Bishop's was pretty good as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 20:38 - Oct 10 with 2028 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 19:16 - Oct 10 by Mullet

Given it was probably a medicine ball when you were 10 that is impressive, but you're still wrong.

Last time I read one of your match day reporters. All the awareness of Paul Hurst

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 21:44 - Oct 10 with 1958 viewsITFC_Forever

Not even goal of the week.

#Dobra.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 22:16 - Oct 10 with 1903 viewsGarv

Sensational.

Can I pull you up on one tiny thing?

That isn't a half volley, in my view.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 23:09 - Oct 10 with 1813 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 18:55 - Oct 10 by Kropotkin123

After years of people saying he isn't mobile, I think he is better at right-back now. I think his pace is less exposed out there.

He was always better at right back. His best season was 2014-15, at right back.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 23:10 - Oct 10 with 1810 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Agree, a goal which Bayern Munich would be proud to score.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 23:46 - Oct 10 with 1758 viewsSamWhiteUK

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 18:55 - Oct 10 by Kropotkin123

He's not the quickest but my god the guy can run for days, especially considering his age.
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 03:03 - Oct 11 with 1642 viewsIPS_wich

The other aspect of Chambers' goal that hasn't really been discussed is that we had held onto possession for about a minute before that - about 20-25 passes.

Not dissimilar to the KVY goal at Southend last year that most thought was a contender for goal of the season.

It's why I rate it higher than the Edwards goal, because it was a spectacular finish to a great move.
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 09:11 - Oct 11 with 1484 viewsMullet

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 22:16 - Oct 10 by Garv

Can I pull you up on one tiny thing?

That isn't a half volley, in my view.

Sure. It bounces, he hits it. Feel free to let us all know the new name for a half volley.

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:04 - Oct 11 with 1449 viewsblueislander

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 09:11 - Oct 11 by Mullet

Sure. It bounces, he hits it. Feel free to let us all know the new name for a half volley.

A half volley is when the ball is hit as it touches the ground. When Chambers hit that shot the ball was clearly in the air, and therefore a volley.
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:21 - Oct 11 with 1420 viewsChrisd

After having my doubts about him at RB at the beginning of the season, he just looks like a player that's been rejuvenated and enjoying his football again. Whether that's because he's playing as fullback or that there aren't fans in the grounds to moan about the slightest error, who knows? He's certainly started the season strongly and a guy his age marauding up and down that right flank is very impressive. Sublime pass to Edwards for that 4th goal yesterday, quick mention about that first touch from Edwards, which set up the strike.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:32 - Oct 11 with 1406 viewsITFC_Forever

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:04 - Oct 11 by blueislander

A half volley is when the ball is hit as it touches the ground. When Chambers hit that shot the ball was clearly in the air, and therefore a volley.

Volleys don’t bounce.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024