Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few observations 20:28 - Oct 10 with 942 viewsxrayspecs

Thought that was the best performance this season and while there is room for improvement we are heading in the right direction.

Edwards on the left was excellent. It is his best position so lets give him a run there.

We look so much more comfortable on the ball this season than last and importantly look like we can create chances and break teams down. The pace and movement from midfield and forwards is going to create problems for a lot of teams this season.

The back five have looked really strong all season. Wilson and Nsiala have been excellent and at this level, the mistakes we make tend not to get punished.

Compared to this time last season, the performances are much more convincing and we are not nicking last minute winners, holding on to a one goal lead.

Next few games will be a step up and will give us a better sense of where we are in this league this season.
A few observations on 21:26 - Oct 10 with 828 viewsbournemouthblue

I'd say the big difference so far has been the addition of Bishop, Dozzell and new look Edwards and Nsiala's. An improved philosophy, perhaps a few lessons have been learnt from last season?

Ward and Hawkins both look shrewd signings as well, Lambert's transfer business has generally been good in fairness to him

Suddenly it feels like we have options off the bench as well with Lankester, Jackson, Sears and Bennett all available today

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

A few observations on 09:21 - Oct 11 with 596 viewsGuthrum

Somebody passed comment that we look like a unit. Rather than a number of unconnected individuals or smaller units scattered over the pitch.

We also seem to have a concerted plan. Sending the ball to Holy, then playing out from the back is almost like a reset button between each phase, allowing us to be more organised. Also has the effect of drawing opposition players in, before launching an attack through or past them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A few observations on 09:47 - Oct 11 with 544 viewsportmanroadblue

Its getting there, thats for sure, bigger tests to come, but hopefully we can eradicate the silly mistakes, improve our passing and stop hoofing it out from the back to no one.
A few observations on 10:30 - Oct 11 with 501 viewsChrisd

Both Wilson and Nsiala have really surprised me, they both appeared spent forces with us, but they are building a very effective partnership in central defence. Quite happy to eat my own hat with regards to these two, so hope this continues. Edwards has been like a breath of fresh air this season, he seems happier on the left where he can cut back in on his right foot. I also like that he provides that defensive shield for Kenlock, which will also help him grow in confidence, the longer Ward is out of the picture. I agree Xrayspecs about general performances compared to last season, we were scraping results this time last season we appear a lot more in control of games, MK Dons aside. Nevertheless, even that was a positive for me, last season we would've lost that game, but we showed good resilience and there certainly appears a togetherness amongst them all, which is good to see especially after all the rumours during pre season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

A few observations on 10:41 - Oct 11 with 473 viewsHarlestonblue

A few observations on 10:30 - Oct 11 by Chrisd

Both Wilson and Nsiala have really surprised me, they both appeared spent forces with us, but they are building a very effective partnership in central defence. Quite happy to eat my own hat with regards to these two, so hope this continues. Edwards has been like a breath of fresh air this season, he seems happier on the left where he can cut back in on his right foot. I also like that he provides that defensive shield for Kenlock, which will also help him grow in confidence, the longer Ward is out of the picture. I agree Xrayspecs about general performances compared to last season, we were scraping results this time last season we appear a lot more in control of games, MK Dons aside. Nevertheless, even that was a positive for me, last season we would've lost that game, but we showed good resilience and there certainly appears a togetherness amongst them all, which is good to see especially after all the rumours during pre season.

Agree with these comments. Let's enjoy a great start to the season and not be churlish. I count 8 players out injured as well!
A good week for the club with the defeats of Cardiff and Gillingham in other competitions encouraging also.
Early days, of course, and a long way to go but the quality of football yesterday was very high.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024