Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous 21:11 - Oct 10 with 2649 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/10/lawyers-claim-knife-attack-at-l

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 21:13 - Oct 10 with 1588 viewsitfcjoe

And despite being aware of the potential link has doubled down on it - nasty piece of work

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 21:55 - Oct 10 with 1508 viewsBlueNomad

We are sliding dangerously to an extreme right-wing government
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 21:58 - Oct 10 with 1505 viewsHerbivore

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 21:55 - Oct 10 by BlueNomad

We are sliding dangerously to an extreme right-wing government

We're already there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:18 - Oct 10 with 1480 viewsfactual_blue

Never forget, she is a repeat offender at workplace bullying.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:35 - Oct 10 with 1448 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 21:13 - Oct 10 by itfcjoe

And despite being aware of the potential link has doubled down on it - nasty piece of work

She's evil and always has been. May was an appalling Home Sec too. It's as if they have to show how bigoted they can possibly be in that roll to stand a chance of further progression in the party.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:38 - Oct 10 with 1441 viewsBlueNomad

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 21:58 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

We're already there.

I think they will go a fair bit further yet. Wait until after 31 January when we have no deal with the EU and they have even less leverage on this miserable crew.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:43 - Oct 10 with 1428 viewsjeera

Deliberately provocative language, endorsed by Johnson no less.

"Boris Johnson went even further, claiming the entire criminal justice system was “being hamstrung by lefty human rights lawyers”.

Sh1t people aren't they? Utter low life trash.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:48 - Oct 10 with 1412 viewsHerbivore

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:43 - Oct 10 by jeera

"Boris Johnson went even further, claiming the entire criminal justice system was “being hamstrung by lefty human rights lawyers”.

Trying to politicise the judiciary and painting them as 'lefties', and therefore the current government bogeyman, is straight out of the fascist textbook. Bunch of utter kunts.

Login to get fewer ads

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:49 - Oct 10 with 1412 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:43 - Oct 10 by jeera

Yep, the lowest of the low. By appealing to people's base instincts they suck some people in though.

Fk this government and anyone who voted for them needs to have a long, hard look at themselves.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 23:22 - Oct 10 with 1387 viewsClapham_Junction

Not great news when your partner is an immigration lawyer at a London law firm
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 09:24 - Oct 11 with 1236 viewstractordownsouth

It's mad how the Tories accuse Labour of being weak on national security and crime and sneering at ordinary people, when Priti Patel met foreign diplomats behind our government's back, co-authored a book calling British workers "among the worst idlers" and is now using rhetoric to incite violence against a profession.

They're now just following the Trump tactics of " I know you are, but what am I?"

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 09:30 - Oct 11 with 1221 viewsMullet

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 23:22 - Oct 10 by Clapham_Junction

Not great news when your partner is an immigration lawyer at a London law firm

On a tengent, the Tipping Point's latest epidsode was about how after May's immigration vans and other cheap tricks there was amassive spike in victims of crime being reported to the immigration service.

A woman was kidnapped and raped for six months in Germany and fled here. After she finally got enough help to be able to tell the police, they moved her on to people to get her deported.

A sex-worker (from Brazil) I think was attacked and robbed and the police went after her not her attackers so she could be deported.

This is in the last decade not the last year. Yet it's going under the radar.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 09:37 - Oct 11 with 1210 viewsGuthrum

On a slightly different note, this kind of thing does highlight the failings of education policy and mantal health provision in this country that we have so many people falling under deranged conspiracy theories (e.g. race replacement) which go beyond merely odd and into the realms of being actually dangerous.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 09:58 - Oct 11 with 1188 viewsDarth_Koont

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_(terrorism)#Stochastic_terrorism

It’s insane that the Home Secretary who should be all over this to protect the UK population is one of the most serious perpetrators.

Just another example of how we’ve got things @rse about face in our relationship with politicians and the media. We serve their interests.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:48 - Oct 11 with 1156 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, I see we've added a couple of new bootlickers to the 'defend the far-right' duty roster, going by the down votes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:53 - Oct 11 with 1146 viewsm14_blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:48 - Oct 11 by BlueBadger

Ah, I see we've added a couple of new bootlickers to the 'defend the far-right' duty roster, going by the down votes.

And yet seem curiously reticent to explain what exactly it is they disagree with.

Odd.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:53 - Oct 11 with 1144 viewshampstead_blue

Have you read "The Strange Death of Europe"?

This attack is wrong and I hope the person who did it gets the book thrown at them.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:55 - Oct 11 with 1139 viewsHerbivore

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:53 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

This attack is wrong and I hope the person who did it gets the book thrown at them.

And yet you cheerlead for the government whose rhetoric helps to provoke these kinds of attack. You're complicit in this.

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:55 - Oct 11 with 1147 viewsBlueBadger

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:53 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

And yet seem curiously reticent to explain what exactly it is they disagree with.

Odd.

I don't get it. I thought these people prided themselves on being proud patriots. Instead, they're carrying on like supporting the Katie Hopkins for people who like to say 'I can't be racist, I voted for a brown person' is a shameful thing.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 10:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:03 - Oct 11 with 1136 viewsGuthrum

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 10:53 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

The very premise of that book strikes me as rubbish. The idea that European culture is a fixed and ancient thing which is being "destroyed" by this particular wave of immigration.

In reality, the culture of Europe has been shaped by continuous waves of migration and invasion - cultural and pysical, within the continent as well as from outside - over the centuries. From the music we enjoy to the food we eat.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:03 - Oct 11 with 1133 viewsm14_blue

What do you think of Patel's comments HB?

Not having a pop or looking for a row, but surely we can agree that those in power stoking anger and division like this is a bad thing?
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:06 - Oct 11 with 1128 viewsHerbivore

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:03 - Oct 11 by Guthrum

The very premise of that book strikes me as rubbish. The idea that European culture is a fixed and ancient thing which is being "destroyed" by this particular wave of immigration.

In reality, the culture of Europe has been shaped by continuous waves of migration and invasion - cultural and pysical, within the continent as well as from outside - over the centuries. From the music we enjoy to the food we eat.

Hampstead's whole shtick is to offer a book that has been really poorly researched and largely discredited in lieu of an actual reasoned argument.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 16:04]

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:07 - Oct 11 with 1124 viewshampstead_blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:03 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

What do you think of Patel's comments HB?

Not having a pop or looking for a row, but surely we can agree that those in power stoking anger and division like this is a bad thing?

I don't think she is/has stoked the kind of hatred to cause such an attack.

She is setting out a strong and defined position. Said position sits outside Europe's open to all, and I mean all, policy.

There are nutters everywhere looking for something to latch onto. This person and their ilk are at the extreme margin. So much so that no person can be held responsible for their actions.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:10 - Oct 11 with 1124 viewsm14_blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:07 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

I don't think she is/has stoked the kind of hatred to cause such an attack.

She is setting out a strong and defined position. Said position sits outside Europe's open to all, and I mean all, policy.

There are nutters everywhere looking for something to latch onto. This person and their ilk are at the extreme margin. So much so that no person can be held responsible for their actions.

Ok, I guess the lawyers in question obviously see it very differently though.

It's not her position that's the problem (although I vehemently disagree with it) it's her effectively casting those opposing it, through our judicial system, as the enemy.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:18 - Oct 11 with 1123 viewsMullet

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:10 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Ok, I guess the lawyers in question obviously see it very differently though.

It's not her position that's the problem (although I vehemently disagree with it) it's her effectively casting those opposing it, through our judicial system, as the enemy.

Her grasp of law and justice is shaky to say the least

Ooops that was the wrong Hislop tweet!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 11:19]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024