Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hawkins 22:40 - Oct 10 with 3398 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bloody love this player.

That is all.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hawkins on 23:01 - Oct 10 with 3357 viewsFreddies_Ears

The best non-scoring striker ever? He is the glue that holds the whole thing together, works hard, ties up the defence and creates space for the MF. It is no coincidence that our MF have been pre-existing since he joined.
Hawkins on 08:09 - Oct 11 with 3017 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Hawkins on 09:13 - Oct 11 with 2839 viewsGuthrum

Hawkins on 23:01 - Oct 10 by Freddies_Ears

The best non-scoring striker ever? He is the glue that holds the whole thing together, works hard, ties up the defence and creates space for the MF. It is no coincidence that our MF have been pre-existing since he joined.

I don't care if he fails to score all season, as long as he keeps running things in the forward area like that. Others will get the goals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hawkins on 09:18 - Oct 11 with 2822 viewsMullet

Hawkins on 09:13 - Oct 11 by Guthrum

I don't care if he fails to score all season, as long as he keeps running things in the forward area like that. Others will get the goals.

He's missed one certain goal against Bristol, probably should have scored or at least got one on target yesterday. If we were back to last season he'd be getting pelters but it doesn't matter right now.

You'd hope that as teams start defending deeper against us he'll find his form. Blackpool were very naieve in some parts of the game and stood off us far too often in the first half. There was no catching us once we'd punished them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hawkins on 09:23 - Oct 11 with 2794 viewsChrisd

He does a lot of unselfish work and links up the play brilliantly. If others around him are scoring, I'm not not too worried about his lack of goals, but it would be great if he could get on the scoresheet for reward for his continued hard-work up there that probably goes largely unnoticed. He's proving a very shrewd signing by PL.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 11:43]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hawkins on 09:29 - Oct 11 with 2771 viewsGuthrum

Hawkins on 09:18 - Oct 11 by Mullet

He's missed one certain goal against Bristol, probably should have scored or at least got one on target yesterday. If we were back to last season he'd be getting pelters but it doesn't matter right now.

You'd hope that as teams start defending deeper against us he'll find his form. Blackpool were very naieve in some parts of the game and stood off us far too often in the first half. There was no catching us once we'd punished them.

I think it's because he's better than any of our recent strikers (since Waghorn) at bringing others into the attack. The more aggressive use of midfielders and wide forwards helps with that - less of the lone striker isolation - he has other players to make use of.

Teams packing the defensive third will cause us far more trouble than Blackpool did, but also reduces the threat to our own goal and allows us to pick our timing for attacks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hawkins on 10:29 - Oct 11 with 2643 viewsKeaneish

There was a huge difference to our game when he went off. I reckon his game will improve and he’ll be in the goals a lot more once the full backs starting getting by the wide men a bit more. Thought his hold up play and ability to bring people into the game was great. He showed good strength most of the game too so it was a big surprise when he got goal side of his man from the Bishop ball only to capitulate under pressure.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Hawkins on 11:19 - Oct 11 with 2565 viewsWickets

Worth noteing that our system relies on Hawkins occupying the defenders so as to make room for midfielders running into the box can find space .That along with his hold up play has been very good .
Login to get fewer ads

Hawkins on 11:25 - Oct 11 with 2549 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Like I have said in other posts, I liked the signing and he is proving to be a good signing. Early days, but on course to be Lamberts best signing. Long may it continue and perhaps now the whole board will get behind the team and support them to what will hopefully be a promotion winning season. The likes of Chambers, Wilson, Edwards, Nolan, etc. have come in for criticism, with some justification, but now we all need to be happy and get behind the lads.
Hawkins on 11:54 - Oct 11 with 2502 viewsPlums

It sounds as though he’s doing the work that Will Keane could have done but didn’t? Perhaps Lambert has found his Holt (without the goals)?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Hawkins on 12:28 - Oct 11 with 2443 viewsITFC_Forever

A yet another one of these bloody non-scoring strikers we seem obsessed with signing.

(Said tongue-in-cheek before anyone jumps on me).

His movement and hold up play are perfect to bring the likes of Edwards, Bishop into the game, no coincidence they’ve found form with him doing the dirty work a la Murphy.

The only thing we need to watch out for is games where the opposition are putting us under pressure is that our 4231 doesn’t become 451 and leaves Hawkins too isolated up-front.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Hawkins on 12:35 - Oct 11 with 2420 viewsChrisd

Hawkins on 12:28 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

A yet another one of these bloody non-scoring strikers we seem obsessed with signing.

His movement and hold up play are perfect to bring the likes of Edwards, Bishop into the game, no coincidence they’ve found form with him doing the dirty work a la Murphy.

The only thing we need to watch out for is games where the opposition are putting us under pressure is that our 4231 doesn’t become 451 and leaves Hawkins too isolated up-front.

That's where he's got to use his strength, hold the ball up and draw the foul to release the pressure and allow us to move higher up the pitch. From what he has shown so far, he's more than capable of doing that.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hawkins on 12:35 - Oct 11 with 2419 viewsWickets

Hawkins on 12:28 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

Yes saw some signs of that against MK but i think we talked about it and got it right yesterday . My main worry is how will we cope against some of the big sides who will try and bully our midfield .
Hawkins on 13:30 - Oct 11 with 2325 viewsMillsey

Hawkins on 09:18 - Oct 11 by Mullet

I’ll give him some slack as I thought the defender pushed him in the back as he was about to shoot!
Hawkins on 13:56 - Oct 11 with 2289 viewsWickets

Hawkins on 13:30 - Oct 11 by Millsey

I’ll give him some slack as I thought the defender pushed him in the back as he was about to shoot!

Yup tbh the defender did just enough to put Hawkins off but maybe not quite enough for a pen. So sometimes you have to say good defending .
Hawkins on 15:07 - Oct 11 with 2219 viewsNthQldITFC

I totally agree with your sentiments, but the line "It is no coincidence that our MF have been pre-existing since he joined" has totally bent my mind.

Is it a typo, or a reference to something I don't understand? Because taken literally it just sort of freaks out my temporal awareness and is playing havoc with my Sunday afternoon. Please help!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hawkins on 15:21 - Oct 11 with 2188 viewsGeoffSentence

Hawkins on 13:30 - Oct 11 by Millsey

He looked offside to me anyway.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hawkins on 15:42 - Oct 11 with 2140 viewstrncbluearmy

and Drinan was doing a very similar job just as well

the nonsense is that there is no place for Norwood who would score more goals then these two (who`s roles are crucial to our system) combined
Hawkins on 16:43 - Oct 11 with 2078 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

I think our most important players now are possibly Hawkins, Nsiala/Wilson as a pairing and Dozzell. In different ways, they give a platform for the team and the other players to focus on what they’re best at.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024