Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop Resilience to challenges 09:11 - Oct 11 with 924 viewsDubtractor

So we all know that getting Bishop back in the team has had a really positive impact on our attacking play, yesterday being probably his best performance so far.

The other thing I have noticed is his resilience to hefty challenges. I can't be the only one to wince whenever he is on the end of one, assuming the worst given how fragile he has been over recent years, and his style of play will always invite them, so to see him get up and go again has pleased me as much as some of his attacking play.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bishop Resilience to challenges on 09:41 - Oct 11 with 846 viewsitfcjoe

He’s always been quite resilient to challenges, as needed to be but seems to pick up more muscle and back injuries - hopefully he can stay for now as is looking a serious player again

He could end up with 15 goals from midfield this year, which will see the sharks circling

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop Resilience to challenges on 09:59 - Oct 11 with 797 viewsX0Y0

I’m always so impressed with his balance. He will often get a nudge once he gets the wrong side of the opponents to try and knock him off his stride, sometimes sandwiched by many of them, but he manages to keep going, gliding forwards and remaining in control of the ball
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 10:00]
Bishop Resilience to challenges on 10:25 - Oct 11 with 719 viewsKeaneish

Yeah I noticed that too. Once I saw that I looked through the squad as there were a few getting stuck in, Alan Judge gets a good mention for that too. Bishop, Sears, Huws, Lankester, Dozzell, Judge have all had career threatening injuries in the last few years - good to see them getting back to it.

Here’s hoping the patience with Bishop is going to pay off.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bishop Resilience to challenges on 10:41 - Oct 11 with 686 viewsAce_High1

Only just sent the goals.

I am surprised there is not more talk about Bishops goal? Great little run and finish, a long time since a Town player has taken his man on and curled one into the bottom corner.
Bishop Resilience to challenges on 11:14 - Oct 11 with 637 viewsgordon

He's pretty strong on the ball in tight positions as well, partly because of his good touch - and he puts a reasonable shift in defensively as well. Also has been making late runs into the box like for his headed goal the other day.

Dozzell in comparison can get bullied off the ball a bit, and his tackling isn't that great - makes up for it with his passing ability of course.

Would be great to see a run of games with Downes, Dozzell and Bishop all playing - between them they have it all covered at this level (apart from aerial prowess I guess).
Bishop Resilience to challenges on 11:33 - Oct 11 with 622 viewsbrazil1982

Ironically the last match I saw Bishop "live" was Blackpool away years ago. If he says fit...a great asset. Fingers crossed at every challenge!
Bishop Resilience to challenges on 11:37 - Oct 11 with 610 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Once he knows how to fall properly, he won't get so many back problems.
Bishop Resilience to challenges on 13:10 - Oct 11 with 498 viewsStNeotsBlue

I said after the Wigan game that the biggest positive for me (other than the result) was seeing Teddy bounce straight back up after taking a few hefty hits. Whilst putting it about a bit himself too. Fingers crossed for him he's had a terrible run of luck but always worth persevering with because of his huge potential.
Login to get fewer ads

Bishop Resilience to challenges on 13:35 - Oct 11 with 458 viewsWeWereZombies

I know that the capitalisation of resilience in your thread header was probably inadvertent but every time I look at it I start wondering when the thread is going to come back on topic and tell me about some fictional character in a 'The Sacred and the Profane' type of space opera...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024